How to make other people cant Inspect our items?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Admin/Moderator/Guys, I wanna know how to make people cant inspect our items..

It's easy to inspect someone's clothing by right clicking their item n click inspect to know their item's brand..
I have a friend who always copy my style by inspect me again n again without permission i think, because tomorrow he will end up with the brands i worn

So..I'm Firestorm user, is there a menu in firestorm viewer to block people's inspect? or a script, or any other way? Thank you /\

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, naufalfaishal said:

Hello Admin/Moderator/Guys, I wanna know how to make people cant inspect our items..

It's easy to inspect someone's clothing by right clicking their item n click inspect to know their item's brand..
I have a friend who always copy my style by inspect me again n again without permission i think, because tomorrow he will end up with the brands i worn

So..I'm Firestorm user, is there a menu in firestorm viewer to block people's inspect? or a script, or any other way? Thank you /\

AFAIK, there is NO way to stop anyone from seeing your attachments. It's easily done using area search in Firestorm viewer or any of the number of HUDs available that will spit out the info for any avatar you select. You are fighting a loosing battle by trying to keep people from seeing your attachments.

The only real way to make sure someone doesn't mock your stuff is to make your own and not let anyone else have any of it..

Even though copy botters could still do it..But as far as regular anyone else,they couldn't.

That's about the only way..That or have people make you custom things and buy the property rights to them so they can't make them for anyone else.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, naufalfaishal said:

It's easy to inspect someone's clothing by right clicking their item n click inspect to know their item's brand.

right clicking?...oh my that's to much work.. i use a hud... copy paste the result and i have a nice list to shop....  :)

If people do that... see it as compliment for wanting your style... and they can buy as much they want.. there's still just one you

• Like 3

If you could convince the creators to give their stuff MOD permissions, you could link each item to your own tiny transparent prim which I think would hide the rest of the attachment from HUDs and other scripts. A viewer, in contrast, must have details of the whole attachment (to render it) so it will always be able to inspect behind that root link.

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

If you could convince the creators to give their stuff MOD permissions, you could link each item to your own tiny transparent prim which I think would hide the rest of the attachment from HUDs and other scripts. A viewer, in contrast, must have details of the whole attachment (to render it) so it will always be able to inspect behind that root link.

That wouldn't help much. When right clicking an attachment and using inspect you can see all the linked parts as demonstrated in the following pic.

rootlink.thumb.png.1ac52cc865c31e966afe1748f9624bc3.png

It might prevent the HUDs but anyone with a Firestorm viewer can access this information with just a couple of clicks.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, naufalfaishal said:

No need to click the "Inspect" menu - there are HUDs for this that are much easier to ue:

https://bit.ly/2FojhXI

There used to be a time when people would ask you what you’re wearing. It was a good conversation starter. Now there’s a hud that just tells you everything the person is wearing, no need to talk to the person at all. Get that being social outta here! It’s just how SL is.

I’m with everybody else though just take it as a compliment, not much else you can do besides continue being trying to be unique and individual.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Once "Bakes on Mesh" gets here,...

...people will realize how ugly it really looks and continue using mesh clothing =^.^= i doubt it will see much use outside tattoos

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

...people will realize how ugly it really looks and continue using mesh clothing =^.^= i doubt it will see much use outside tattoos

Yeah, I was funnin'. Although I have a handful of really superb texture clothing items that I'm kinda looking forward to testing with BoM, just to see whether their pre-baking resolution is high enough that they still look good. Obviously I must not be all that curious, though, since I haven't bestirred myself to try the beta viewer and Omega's BoM tester thingy.

I'm curious, though: Tattoos? Is that to be able to bake blended alpha (so no alpha-sorting problems on layers above the tattoo)? I never wear actual tattoos so I have no idea. Oh, also, will BoM bring back alpha masks, in place of scripted mesh avatar alpha-cuts? If so, I can see that getting a lot of use.

11 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm curious, though: Tattoos? Is that to be able to bake blended alpha (so no alpha-sorting problems on layers above the tattoo)? I never wear actual tattoos so I have no idea. Oh, also, will BoM bring back alpha masks, in place of scripted mesh avatar alpha-cuts? If so, I can see that getting a lot of use.

I don't wear tattoos either, but I have animal spots on my avatar... yes , as it has no alphaed Layer parts it will work

I has the possibility to use alpha masks again but I doubt they will get as popular as autohide autofail scripting. (also you might not want to use it as it has the potential to bring back alpha glitching we just got rid off...)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I don't wear tattoos either, but I have animal spots on my avatar...

I has the possibility to use alpha masks again but i doubt they will get as popular as autohide autofail scripting.

I used the tattoo layer until very recently, to create a "monolid" asian eye look, from a carefully crafted alpha-edged texture -- but of course it could get in trouble when the wrong hair covered it just wrong, or more than six colored projected lights shown on it with ALM enabled. That mess would all have been solved by BoM, but in the meantime I finally found a passable male asian facial skin for this particular head, so now I don't care either.

The thing about alpha masks is that they're potentially a lot more precise and flexible than alpha-cuts. I know nobody cares about how many scripts our avatars drag around, but if an un-scripted alternative is easier and better, it might get popular.

30 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I don't wear tattoos either, but I have animal spots on my avatar... yes , as it has no alphaed Layer parts it will work

I has the possibility to use alpha masks again but I doubt they will get as popular as autohide autofail scripting. (also you might not want to use it as it has the potential to bring back alpha glitching we just got rid off...)

Theresa Tennyson sighs once again.

Alpha masks are designed to use (wait for it...) alpha masking, which doesn't cause alpha glitching.

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

Alpha masks are designed to use (wait for it...) alpha masking, which doesn't cause alpha glitching.

Only if the no mod body you apply the alpha mask to is set to alpha masking ... I'm not sure if creators will do that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.