Not good enough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

don't even have to call, for premiums there's Live Chat , it's available at quite normal hours for euro's too.

Yes,but it's been mentioned a few times already in this thread..

I was just putting in yet another way they can be communicated with that also has worked pretty well in the past..

At least I think that line of communication is still open.. It's been awhile since we've really had any sort of problem that we needed to contact them for..

5 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

We get a few people using the paying customer line with Firestorm support too.
We are always happy to refund them the L$0 they paid for the viewer  ;)

I have seen that. Even when they don’t claim to be Paying Customers, they demand, order around,p and  insult the helpers  

if there is one thing that makes my blood boil it’s abusing someone you have asked for help.. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Howdy!

This caught my eye and thought it would be interesting to reveal something I don't think we've ever shared outside before.  Since all of the Second Life support departments are in my wheelhouse, I'm happy to share a little bit of information with all of you.   The following charts represent tickets (only) received between 2 January to Current (31 January).  

c15802064ac1c29c87def684d2c360a7.png

We strive to live mostly in the 12-48 hour time frame for all support requests.  There are multiple departments and many different types of requests represented here.  This in no way means that longer times for handling a ticket do not happen, in fact that lower 48+ hrs accounts for around 11-12% of the volume.  We use a system of escalations depending on the request type to make sure we land a request in the department with the appropriate subject matter experts who are best capable to resolve it.  We know this can lead to some of those longer times to give a request the very best attention it can receive.  A couple more interesting facts:  About 29% of the volume is resolved in less than a day (12 hours or less).  A large portion of the 48+ hour cases are requests to purchase land from us (we are working to fix this!).   Our overall interaction volume across all contact points roughly averages to be around 17,000 contacts per month.

Not too shabby there Patch. ;)

1sm084thumbsup.gif.6493597e8cd802a01dbe7e7385bc8ffb.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If I have a problem I usually just call them..But it's been awhile and they might not do that anymore..

But it was the fastest way I found..

The only thing you can call about these days is billing issues.  The folks that own lots of private regions might also have a number for anything they want.

2 hours ago, Linda Reddevil said:

That chart looks glorious but I'm still not buying it.  I'm not complaining, but I just don't buy it based upon what my wait time was back in Nov/Dec '18.   Maybe things are better and I haven't posted a ticket so I can't really argue that fact.  However, I still stand by what I posted earlier about ticket response being only a few hours back a number of years ago.  In my experience, it was not worse then.  Listen, I finally got the (abandoned) land I wanted, so SLife is good for now.  Next time, I'll use live chat so I won't stress myself out. 🤪 

Between holidays and vacations from mid-Nov through the 1st week of Jan, I can easily see tickets during that time frame taking quite a bit longer than any other time of the year.

If you had used Live Chat for the land request, they very likely would have just created a ticket for you and it probably wouldn't have been resolved any quicker.  Primarily because they've been swamped with the land requests and those are not considered critical - at least not when compared to billing/financial issues or griefing issues or region issues.

I've had super short turn-around on tickets and somewhat longer turn-around.   However, I for the most part, I think the response times have been appropriate to how critical the different issues were.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

I have seen that. Even when they don’t claim to be Paying Customers, they demand, order around,p and  insult the helpers  

if there is one thing that makes my blood boil it’s abusing someone you have asked for help.. 

It pretty much happens in any product oriented group. 

Its funny and sickening at the same time, the sense of entitlement.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

More than 5 years of dealing with that crap is why I no longer want to be on the team. I honestly do not see how Miro has managed to hang with it for 9 years. 

Whirlz doesn't count (this time!) because she isn't customer support so much as a kind of jill of all trades. ❤️

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only thing you can call about these days is billing issues.  The folks that own lots of private regions might also have a number for anything they want.

Ahh ok, then it's not the same as when we used it last..

It was a good while ago that we had to use them..

We've been pretty fortunate not to have to really call on them for much over the years..But when either of us did with any of their lines of communication..It always got settled one way or the other.. To me that's the important thing..:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Not really feeling the 'timezone' reasoning in this post being 16 hours ahead, I have spent many a 3am ready to pounce the second the gates opened - times have changed in the last few years and the availability has shortened they used to be open much later. I have called using skype many times.

I have spoken to many Lindens in calls or live chat, and live chat is the best option for most things, again as someone mentioned we have no knowledge of what this ticket was about,  and one thing that tickets need to be are very factual and to the point. Live Chat people will often look at your ticket even if they cannot act on it, and tell you if something you did may be causing the delay, or they will try and make sure someone looks at it, if they also agree it is an urgent matter. 

That list Patch put up is pretty awesome, considering the amount of customers whether premium or not, that participate in Second Life daily, filtering out the tickets and abuse reports that are just not anything to do with the Lab would be hard work. I see/have seen many people told in groups that they can't file an abuse report or report a store to LL because their shoes are the wrong colour, or they did not get the item they purchased etc, even before trying to contact the creator.

I cannot even imagine how many tickets get put through a day that are just nothing that LL handles - I would love to know though, because that would be an interesting number. Maybe there needs to be something like that @Patch Linden that just lets people know you are not Center Management :)  that you do not oversee all businesses in Second Life, that personal squabbles are not something you handle.

• Like 2

Other companies that offer paid-for services, such as mobile/cell phone , TV, ISP, gym, etc., each charge a significant amount of money each month for their services. If there's a problem with the service, they can be contacted immediately on the phone. If they are big enough, they have dedicated staff for that purpose. If they aren't big enough, they have staff who can deal with the problems anyway.

LL also charges a significant amount of money each month, but (judging by what's been said here) the company isn't readily available on the phone, except for billing. They are available for online chat during the company's local working hours, which isn't really good enough for a company with paying customers worldwide. They have a ticket system which is really bad. Up to 24 hours is a bad service. It doesn't mean that it's Patch's fault. He can only do the best he can with what LL provides, but LL does not provide enough dedicated people to manage the customer service systems.

Comparing like for like - companies that sell services to people for an ongoing fee - LL's customer service leaves a LOT to be desired, to say the very least. The reason for it? The company doesn't care about its paying customers. Some employees do, but it's company policy NOT to provide good customer service - or they'd employ more dedicated staff.

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

LL also charges a significant amount of money each month, 

It works out to $6 a month if you pay by the year. That may be a lot to you, but it probably covers about a minute of support. In my experience it can take ten minutes to get some people to give any more information than “this thing is not working”. You have to figure out what the thing is and then what it is not doing and why. I imagine it is the same when they contact Ll, it’s like pulling teeth.

• Like 1

@Pamela Galli

The cost of a premium account is a miniscule amount to me, Pamela. That was a ridiculous thing to say. But it may be a lot to many premium members who live in different parts of the world. Either way, it's irrelevant to this discussion.

The amount is comparable with other companies that take ongoing payments for their services, which was the point. I.e. a few quid a month. It's not just a few cents or a few pence each month. How much of an employee's time the payments are worth is totally irrelevant. If you pay for a service, and it doesn't work, or stops working, it really doesn't matter how much it costs the company to deal with it. You are paying for the service that they have stopped providing, so they need to deal with it however long it takes them to do it. Equating the employee's time to the monthly fee was a silly argument.

I don't understand why you want to argue the toss about it. It's been common knowledge for many years that LL is very poor with their customers. You kept mentioning your SL business experience, but this thread was never about customer's SL businesses. It's only about LL's customer service. Poor customer service has been company policy for many years, so there's need to argue about it.

Edited by Phil Deakins

It bewildered me as to those that are defending  LL on what I call  poor repsonce times for support,  like I said I'm paying for a service that entitles me to have support at a reasonable time , if not my problem if they are shorted staff, or they employ few persons in this department,

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

It bewildered me as to those that are defending  LL on what I call  poor repsonce times for support,  like I said I'm paying for a service that entitles me to have support at a reasonable time , if not my problem if they are shorted staff, or they employ few persons in this department,

People are telling you to use the service you are "paying for"  - Live chat  You say you are GMT  - Then live chat hours are perfect  2pm -  11 pm GMT if you do the conversion.  I can't see the problem unless I have massively missed something in this thread.

Premium and Concierge accounts are also eligible to use live chat support during our operating hours of 9am-6pm Eastern (6am-3pm Pacific) every day.

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-gmt-converter

• Like 5

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

A large portion of the 48+ hour cases are requests to purchase land from us (we are working to fix this!).   < this is a link btw

14 hours ago, Linda Reddevil said:

That chart looks glorious but I'm still not buying it.  I'm not complaining, but I just don't buy it based upon what my wait time was back in Nov/Dec '18.   Maybe things are better and I haven't posted a ticket so I can't really argue that fact.  However, I still stand by what I posted earlier about ticket response being only a few hours back a number of years ago.  In my experience, it was not worse then.  Listen, I finally got the (abandoned) land I wanted, so SLife is good for now.  Next time, I'll use live chat so I won't stress myself out. 🤪 

Bingo!

This is exactly the case type that I do not want taking a long time to process.  It is also the type of request that must be handled via a ticket.  Processing a request to purchase abandoned land from us is a complex process that requires someone to perform many points of due diligence on our and your behalf to make sure the land is handed over properly.  We've had an influx of those requests since we announced the mainland price changes and as demand has kept up, I've chosen to expand our Land Operations team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

43 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I've chosen to expand our Land Operations team.

Does that mean you have chosen to:-

a. employ more people (new company employees)?
b. bring more existing employees into the customer services section?
c. move some existing customer services people from other customer services parts to the land operations part?

If a, then well done!
If b, then also well done, depending on where the people have been moved from, of course.
If c, then sorry, but that's no good (for customers) at all as far as customer services is concerned.

Edited by Phil Deakins

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Other companies that offer paid-for services, such as mobile/cell phone , TV, ISP, gym, etc., each charge a significant amount of money each month for their services. If there's a problem with the service, they can be contacted immediately on the phone. If they are big enough, they have dedicated staff for that purpose. If they aren't big enough, they have staff who can deal with the problems anyway.

Like when my internet went out for days last year and I called my ISP, where I chatted with people on another continent from where the problem was who had no idea what the specific problem was or when it would be fixed?

38 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Someone posts some vague....thing. People rush in agreeing with vague thing. Someone posts hard data that original vague notion is untrue. 

People still stick to vague thing....sounds about right.

Janet. Different people have different views AND experiences. Some of the views and experiences don't agree with yours, so there is no reason for you to write what I've quoted. It may well be that LL's practises are just fine with you. I have no doubt that up to 48 hours and more is just peachy for some people. But it's not for others. So try to allow for people whose views and experiences are different to yours.

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Janet. Different people have different views AND experiences. Some of the views and experiences don't agree with yours, so there is no reason for you to write what I've quoted. It may well be that LL's practises are just fine with you. I have no doubt that up to 48 hours and more is just peachy for some people. But it's not for others. So try to allow for people whose views and experiences are different to yours.

Phil, it's a little difficult to take the OP seriously when he has yet to say why he hasn't contacted Live Chat over whatever issue he has. It's a very easy process and both you and I know that Live Chat is available to us in GMT zone at perfectly reasonable hours. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

I think you should look at how you are coming off to people, you really really need to understand this is a small company, they have a small support staff,  they are not at your beckon call, they have users whom spend thousands of dollars a month just on land fee's and those people have to wait too, WHY, because that is how it is ran, that is LL's decision and no how much you fuss or throw fits, will not change it.  This entitlement you have needs to be looked at, stop and look.

@Nyll Bergbahn

Yes, Nyll, I posted that I agree with what's been said about live chat. I'm really just grinding an axe that I have, but it's a 'correct' axe. In fact it's one that finally pushed me away from SL altogether. This month I downgraded this avatar to Basic after being Premium since the start of 2007. And in March I'll downgrade my alt to basic too, and then I'll be finished with SL. The company is bad for customers. So much so that for most of my time in SL I've said (posted) that I wouldn't lift a finger to help LL. Some, probably many, of the staff are excellent, though, but not all of them. Some are really bad.

4 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

they have users whom spend thousands of dollars a month just on land fee's and those people have to wait too, WHY, because that is how it is ran, that is LL's decision

Exactly! It's company policy. Crap customer service init? ;)

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.