Not good enough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a fully paid member of Secondlife and although I not had to submit a support ticket that often  I submitted ticket last week on a

on an urgent matter, and I am still waiting for it to be processed, this now has been nearly a week and the wait is totally unacceptable , before I get the defenders in this, remember I am a paid member of a service. and think LL have to either employ more staff if they are under staff or deal with paid members first .

I think SL is getting worse on all fronts,, not a happy customer

Edited by greek Wingtips
  • Haha 1

I am a fully paid member of Second Life, and I have recently had cause to submit two support tickets. Wait time on both was approximately two weeks, which in my case was completely fine.  I've had very positive interactions with both team members. 

Sorry to be a defender, and a happy customer. 

(I wonder, how many residents submit support tickets a day?)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I am a fully paid member of Secondlife and although I not had to submit a support ticket that often  I submitted ticket last week on a

on an urgent matter, and I am still waiting for it to be processed, this now has been nearly a week and the wait is totally unacceptable , before I get the defenders in this, remember I am a paid member of a service. and think LL have to either employ more staff if they are under staff or deal with paid members first .

perhaps ever thought about calling / live chat?...

And however some things are urgent, everybody think his issue is the most important on this world... and it's mostly not.
Most people won't be very impressed by stating you'r a paying member... many are, and are handled the same way.

21 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I think SL is getting worse .... not a happy customer

to the first partly true, not at all fronts... but in the case of support response it's for sure a fact, seeing it quite often mentioned here on the forums.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

Well as any paid service two weeks would be unacceptable, it only means they have cut down on staff, no other reason, if you are  a paid member maybe they should go to the front line and maybe priorize  on importance too

as said... there is premium help in form of live chat, but you seem to skip that part. Even when they aren't able to help instantly they can assign and escalate a issue to a support team.

1 minute ago, greek Wingtips said:

I tried the live chat but it was closed, as I am GMT hence why

perhaps try it at another time, because the openings time are for sure not impossible for GMT. I think you make it harder for yourself while the solution is quite close by.

Live chat is available from 2 pm GMT till late evening if i read this converter right.

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/est-to-gmt-converter

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

.. and it's mostly not.
Most people won't be very impressed by stating you'r a paying member... many are, and are handled the same way.

Yes, when I read that  I thought of the customers who contact me announcing that they paid x Lindens. As if I can only be convinced to provide support to those who pay over a set amount. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

No Ethan, I am paid member which means that I pay for a service, and so far a week is really unacceptable, maybe in the USA it's the norm , but in the UK there would be riots for such a wait .

so your problem isn't urgent enough to spend any efford yourself... how would you like to convince others that you really need to get in front of the line?

Live Chat = Premium support.

• Like 5

I agree with the OP. Apart from (possibly) the very early times, LL, as a company, has had very poor customer support - or even any care at all about their paying customers. The only ones they may actually care about are those huge land barons, who pay them a lot of money each month, and there are only a handful of those, if that. About the rest of their paying customers, LL, as a company, doesn't give a damn.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

No Ethan, I am paid member which means that I pay for a service, and so far a week is really unacceptable, maybe in the USA it's the norm , but in the UK there would be riots for such a wait .

Well, I am in the UK too and I haven't seen a riot yet. 

However, wait times for a week or two in some instances, yes. (Try making a doctor's appointment...)

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

No nathen don't put words in my mouth, you arguing for the sake of arguing stick to my original point

you been confirmed by all others here about the long waiting times, thats about as far all went with you, but every other way to speed up your problem is declined... that's not us, and to use your own words "does not put you in a good stead OK"

• Like 3

I agree with the OP on this too. I'm basing this on how well customer support was years ago when you'd post a ticket. A few hours was all you had to wait back then and now, yes, it's a few weeks. I contacted them a few months ago because a resident placed a house & furnishings on abandoned land next to my parcel. When LL finally contacted me over a week later they explained that Gov. Linden (lol) forgot to turn on the Auto Return on the land. Needless to say, I offered to buy the land but had to wait yet another week for a reply to that. However, in that instance, I met a Linden in-world to complete the purchase and she was so helpful and awesome. I did mention to her the disappointing turnaround in customer service tickets though and she made it seem like it was a temporary thing. Apparently not. I will say that I forgot about live chat and will try that next time. But still, that's no excuse for such a long time to address a ticket. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

Oooooo. You're trolling with this right? And that last bit is the clue you've dropped for extra troll points. Cause the UK is rather known for its fondness for queuing and as for riots, we can't even manage to get significantly off our duffs to prevent impending economic suicide. The best you could hope for on a week-long wait is a handful of irate letters and comments below the line.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If I have a problem I usually just call them..But it's been awhile and they might not do that anymore..

But it was the fastest way I found..

don't even have to call, for premiums there's Live Chat , it's available at quite normal hours for euro's too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

Well, I am in the UK too and I haven't seen a riot yet. 

However, wait times for a week or two in some instances, yes. (Try making a doctor's appointment...)

There's a rather significant difference. LL is a for-profit business - ONLY for profit - and there are plenty of people who they could employ (if they cared enough) to do the work. The NHS is a free service that's provided to the people, and there aren't enough medical staff to fill the need. It's not that there are spare doctors (and nurses) around that can't get jobs. There just aren't enough of them in the country.

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.