Not good enough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

I agree with the OP. Apart from (possibly) the very early times, LL, as a company, has had very poor customer support - or even any care at all about their paying customers. ...

1 hour ago, Linda Reddevil said:

I agree with the OP on this too. I'm basing this on how well customer support was years ago when you'd post a ticket. A few hours was all you had to wait back then and now, yes, it's a few weeks. ...

My recollection is more in line with Phil's than Linda's: for me, response times were never all that much better than they are now, although it has always depended tremendously on what the support request involved and whether it came during an unusual peak in demand for that particular topic. Right now, for example, anything involving Land will surely face a long backlog as support staff is stretched thin addressing the changes to tier,  auctions, and abandoned parcels on Mainland (and, I suspect, preparations for SSP). I don't watch the other support topics closely, so maybe there are current demand peaks there, too.

(I'm not sure of the current capabilities of Live Chat. Long ago, it was tremendous, then for a while it was basically an outsourced Help Desk staffed by the lowest bidder. I think it's somewhere in between those extremes now, but I haven't used it for a long time.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

(I'm not sure of the current capabilities of Live Chat. Long ago, it was tremendous, then for a while it was basically an outsourced Help Desk staffed by the lowest bidder. I think it's somewhere in between those extremes now, but I haven't used it for a long time.)

Live Chat is good.  You always get a Linden. I believe LL stopped using outsourced support for premium members quite a while ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

No Ethan, I am paid member which means that I pay for a service, and so far a week is really unacceptable, maybe in the USA it's the norm , but in the UK there would be riots for such a wait .

*deleted in case its considered trolling*

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
one can never be too careful
  • Haha 2

Linden Lab has a method to deal with urgent matters and it's called live chat or you can call them directly, either way the service is nearly immediate. If you can't be bothered to use that service then the problem is on you and not LL.

I've been in SL for fifteen years. I have used support many times, using all forms of support, a couple of times by phone, quite a few tickets, and many times through live chat. I have always had good service no matter which method I used. Of course, I expected wait times when filing a ticket. That's the way the service is set up. 

This is like someone going to the grocery store and throwing a fit at the front door because they have to walk to the back of the store to get their milk and butter. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

I am a fully paid member of Secondlife and although I not had to submit a support ticket that often  I submitted ticket last week on a

on an urgent matter, and I am still waiting for it to be processed, this now has been nearly a week and the wait is totally unacceptable , before I get the defenders in this, remember I am a paid member of a service. and think LL have to either employ more staff if they are under staff or deal with paid members first .

I think SL is getting worse on all fronts,, not a happy customer

You realise that wearing that "full paid member" badge is going to get you no where with Linden Lab right. So many of us are "paid members" but that doesn't get us super special lab treatment sadly. Premium support is live chat and extra ticket options. I'v probably put more money into SL over the last 12 years than anyone, have switched between premium and non premium, at one point owned four sims I was paying 1200USD a month for. That doesn't make me better than someone in the eyes of linden lab in terms of supporting me.

Tbh, sometimes things just get backed up in the support system. I'v had tickets answered the same day and tickets not answered for three weeks. This isn't anything new you should have tried submitting a support ticket back in 2007/8 when SL had millions of daily users. The longest I waited back then was nearly 5 weeks for them to respond to something and then another 2 for them to respond to my response. Im not saying thats great but ticket support has always been iffy on how long it actually takes to get a response but generally they are pretty good. If you are that desperate then contact live support, the hours are listed on the support page and ask them to raise your ticket with the appropriate department. I get that two weeks is a long time but if you think that you paying premium is going to get you better treatment than anyone else then you don't know Linden Lab. The most we get is a nice plot of land, 300 lindens a week, live chat support, access to full regions and a few extra ticket options.....oh and an airship xD.

Hope you get your issue sorted though 😁

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

There's a rather significant difference. LL is a for-profit business - ONLY for profit - and there are plenty of people who they could employ (if they cared enough) to do the work. The NHS is a free service that's provided to the people, and there aren't enough medical staff to fill the need. It's not that there are spare doctors (and nurses) around that can't get jobs. There just aren't enough of them in the country.

Ah, you're right, of course. Apologies - I should have found a better example. :)

Sit down, learn to phrase your tickets properly, have patience and remember that what you believe is an "urgent" matter means jack squat. 

Consistently getting the same wait time while others aren't? Either your issue isn't as time critical as you believe it to be or you routinely bungle your wording. 

Either way? 

Live support does exist - find a time to use it. Nope, don't care what time zone you're in - if it's that critical to you, just do it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Linden Lab has a method to deal with urgent matters and it's called live chat or you can call them directly, either way the service is nearly immediate. If you can't be bothered to use that service then the problem is on you and not LL.

Yes. I would never say LLs support  has been without issues. But when I have an urgent issue, I Start looking for what I can do to expedite. Like live chat. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

remember that what you believe is an "urgent" matter means jack squat. 

This is where we differ. What a paying customer believes is an urgent matter, IS an urgent matter.

I agree with all that's been said about live chat. Nevertheless, the tickets of paying customers ought to be dealt with very quickly too. For many years, Linden Lab has demonstrated very clearly that they have no significant interest in treating paying customers as paying customers - except when it comes to taking their money, of course. They are never backward about that.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

This is where we differ. What a paying customer believes is an urgent matter, IS an urgent matter

What you very important paying customers don’t seem to understand is that support costs money, sometimes even your fee for the entire year.  I don’t mind at all providing support to people who bought some two dollar thing — support is included with any purchase —but I find it irritating when they pound the table and  remind me that they spent 500 whole Lindens. It does not occur to them that there is a cost to me spending time helping them after they unlink their whole house. That is “free”, since my time is worth nothing. I just bite my tongue.

And they adopt this attitude I see in this thread, that paying for a service means you have some special elevated status. What you get as premium member is premium gifts and other benefits, a place to live, and access to live chat. So if you don’t take advantage of live chat, that’s entirely on you. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 14

Ah, of course ... Of course the Forum Contrarian would do his usual thing... 

Urgent Matters: Billing issues, Linden Dollar buying/selling issues, overturning wrongful ToS flags and similar issues. 

There are people who believe their particular issue is Absolutely Critical and must therefore take precedence over all other issues/tickets. They're wrong - period. 

Stow the attitude, file your tickets properly and use Live Support if it's that bloody critical to you. 

That's it. That's all. 

You're a Paying Customer? That's nice, get in line, there are a few more customers who've paid, ahead of you. Some with actually Urgent Matters. 

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

What you very important paying customers don’t seem to understand is that support costs money, sometimes even your fee for the entire year.  I don’t mind at all providing support to people who bought some two dollar thing — support is included with any purchase —but I find it irritating when they pound the table and  remind me that they spent 500 whole Lindens. It does not occur to them that there is a cost to me spending time helping them after they unlink their whole house. That is “free”, since my time is worth nothing. I just bite my tongue.

And they adopt this attitude I see in this thread, that paying for a service means you have some special elevated status. What you get as premium member is premium gifts and other benefits, a place to live, and access to live chat. So if you don’t take advantage of live chat, that’s entirely on you. 

Sorry, Pam, but I was only refering to businesses that take real money from people - specifically LL. Play money (L$) isn't the same at all, even though it often costs real money. My gripe is against LL's attitude to its paying customers - those who pay them with real money - and not against L$ merchants.

• Administrators

Howdy!

This caught my eye and thought it would be interesting to reveal something I don't think we've ever shared outside before.  Since all of the Second Life support departments are in my wheelhouse, I'm happy to share a little bit of information with all of you.   The following charts represent tickets (only) received between 2 January to Current (31 January).  

c15802064ac1c29c87def684d2c360a7.png

We strive to live mostly in the 12-48 hour time frame for all support requests.  There are multiple departments and many different types of requests represented here.  This in no way means that longer times for handling a ticket do not happen, in fact that lower 48+ hrs accounts for around 11-12% of the volume.  We use a system of escalations depending on the request type to make sure we land a request in the department with the appropriate subject matter experts who are best capable to resolve it.  We know this can lead to some of those longer times to give a request the very best attention it can receive.  A couple more interesting facts:  About 29% of the volume is resolved in less than a day (12 hours or less).  A large portion of the 48+ hour cases are requests to purchase land from us (we are working to fix this!).   Our overall interaction volume across all contact points roughly averages to be around 17,000 contacts per month.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 15

47 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Hmm, 24-48 hr turnaround for most issues. I wonder why someone would claim a 3 week no response? 

Because they fall in that 11-12 % of the total that is in the 48+ hour group.  Those people are likely to be the ones who will post here too, so they have a higher visibility than the 88-89% who get a response in two days or less.  So, a combination of statistics (someone is always going to be in the tails of a distribution) and human behavior (the squeaky wheel ... ).

That 11 - 12% is a large enough group that there's  a decent chance ( 1 in 9, actually) that anyone who has ever submitted a support case and is reading this note at the moment will have fallen in the group sometime.  So, it's not a common or normally expected outcome, but not super unusual either.  I don't know how that compares to service response times in other business, but it doesn't strike me as very surprising.  It's at least high enough to fuel speculation, conspiracy theories, or general grumbling like some of the posts in this thread. FWIW, in almost 12 years here, I don't recall ever waiting more than 24 hours for a response to a support case myself, so it looks like I fall in the 49% who get a  response in one day or less.

EDIT: Obviously, you're also more more likely to get a quick response for an easy case or one that will affect a lot of people (like requesting a region restart) than you are if you pose a really hard question that's going to take some digging to resolve. I've found that a request for a region restart usually takes less than 15 minutes.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

That chart looks glorious but I'm still not buying it.  I'm not complaining, but I just don't buy it based upon what my wait time was back in Nov/Dec '18.   Maybe things are better and I haven't posted a ticket so I can't really argue that fact.  However, I still stand by what I posted earlier about ticket response being only a few hours back a number of years ago.  In my experience, it was not worse then.  Listen, I finally got the (abandoned) land I wanted, so SLife is good for now.  Next time, I'll use live chat so I won't stress myself out. 🤪 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.