Hidden private parts in G rated land

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I was dancing with a girl who wore a short skirt with nothing underneath it. The dance animation revealed everything, but not all the time. When I mentioned it, it was news to her. She simply wasn't aware that everything was on show sometimes.

Not long after I started SL, I was dancing at a place in a dress with a skirt, that was fairly long, that was flexi. The dance involved some high kicks. My vantage from the back didn't show what was was shown from the front. All of a sodden I was flying through the air, the first time that happened to me in SL.

• Haha 3

I remember here was some thread where was talk about camming inside avatars heads. Would it be a reason for someone to start complaining if the private parts were inside a head? Do people, who cam for the private parts, cam the whole avatar or just between the legs?

Would it be a nice touch to write notes on your panties for them to read or to wear some totally different stuffs there  like clocks or a coffee mug etc.?

• Haha 1

Simple. As others noted, hidden things don't always stay hidden. Your clothes could derender, not render in the first place, your "parts" could clip through your clothes, your hidden "parts" could become unhidden by accident, you can inspect the attachments of other avatars... any number of reasons.

There's also the fact that land owners and admins can do anything they want for any reason, regardless if it's in the ToS or not. They control the land and they can make the rules.

At the end of the day, you're on G rated land. Here is no reason to have your "parts" attached. I disagree with our cultural obsession that anatomy automatically equals sex, but that's the culture we live in. Chances are, your "parts" were made for the sex side of SL, so seeing them alerts people that you might be flaunting sexual content in a G rated area, which is against the ToS.

On 12/29/2018 at 5:59 AM, Talligurl said:

I recently was exploring an area  that was rated General, I was fully clothed, I thought totally appropriate for the area. I received an IM however from someone I assume  was some sort of administrator, telling me I needed to remove my female part that was hidden under my skirt. Which got me to thinking,  why is this needed if i keep it hidden? Just wondering what others  think,  I know you all sometimes understand things in SL better than I do, and some of you might know a perfectly good reason why keeping that part hidden isn't enough. I am just curious to hear what you think about it.

I was at Frank's place once when the host told me that I had to wear panties under my gown because it was offensive to some people that I wasn't.  First off I WAS wearing panties, I almost always do, and for the record, "Just who was looking under my dress?"  

• Like 1

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

In my opinion they're a godsend, and I'm not alone in that, but I can understand your preference in avoiding them.

I agree that they have their place, but any time I have visited someone on a G sim, their property is awash with guideline violations. 

Of course one can say the same thing about  M sims.

The only place anyone can truly be free from worry is A sims.

:)

29 minutes ago, Donna Underall said:

I was at Frank's place once when the host told me that I had to wear panties under my gown because it was offensive to some people that I wasn't.  First off I WAS wearing panties, I almost always do, and for the record, "Just who was looking under my dress?"  

Were they flesh colored panties?

These are what I like to call "want to be Lindens" who won't ever be Lindens because of their behavior. They are often the same kind of people who think crashing people with graphics crashers, crashing sims, and other various griefing tactics are suddenly ok for them to do if they are "enforcing the sim rules or ToS". They do nothing but get on my nerves and whenever I see someone trying to enforce rules on a sim I moderate, I estate ban them.

Best solution to these people is to look for anything that can be interpreted as impersonating a Linden and AR them for it. 🤣

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Wow, SLink guys can't detach their bits?  How...fraught.

So, wait. Slink men's bodies have a built-in thing-a-ma-what's-it?????

I have so many questions!!!!

Is it functional? What happens to your pants if it suddenly becomes "visible"?

Is it attached to (*cough*) a Bento bone?

I really hope so: just imagine the amazing animations one could produce! Male members twirling themselves into pretzels, or demonstrating sailor's knots! Genitals doing elegant pirouettes and shimmies, or emerging like the proverbial cobra while someone plays a flute!

Think of the possibilities for endless amusement! Please tell me it is so!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Were they flesh colored panties?

I don't know about her case, but when i was quite new in sl one guy IMed me, wanted to give me a top because he thought i was wearing none, or so he wrote. I got a picture of those clothes and guess the color was too close to skin color. (Didn't happen on that sim where the picture was taken if anyone recognizes it)

coloroftop.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The only place anyone can truly be free from worry is A sims.

IDK, I was taking some pictures once, I was nude for the picture, and just as I finished up I get an invite from a DJ friend, He was in an adult sim, so I went there without getting dressed, and was promptly told that even though it was adult, nudity was not permitted in that part of it. I then went home got dressed and went someplace else.

Edited by Talligurl

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, wait. Slink men's bodies have a built-in thing-a-ma-what's-it?????

Sadly, yes. It's... not pretty. It couldn't "do an elegant pirouette or shimmy" if its life depended on it. Seriously, pick up the body demo and see for yourself. There's a reason why every guy who wears the Slink male body keeps that thing hidden.

I guess it was included so that guys who maybe wanted to visit a nude beach without handing over some L$ for add-on genitalia could do so, and I guess I should applaud the fact that the creator thought of something like that. But god almighty, how I wish it had been included as an optional version: wear the body with or without the added genitalia.

Is it functional?

No, not functional in any way.

What happens to your pants if it suddenly becomes "visible"?

Nothing happens. It's not possible for it to "accidentally become visible". You have to manually click the body's HUD to show it. I've been using that body and its HUD almost constantly since 2015 and the only time I've ever seen that part of it was when - out of curiosity - I enabled it to see what it was like, on the day that I purchased it. About two seconds later, I said "Oh hell no", clicked it off in the HUD, and have never seen it since.

No, not attached to a Bento bone. The body was released long before Bento and only the hands received a Bento update.

Think of the possibilities for endless amusement!

I'd rather not, thanks.

ETA: I should add that one thing Slink got very right in that area (and that none of the other male bodies I've tried have bothered to include) is a bulge in the mesh at the crotch. This means - if I want to wear applier pants - I don't look like I'm tucking.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

IDK, I was taking some pictures once, I was nude for the picture, and just as I finished up I get an invite from a DJ friend, He was in an adult sim, so I went there without getting dressed, and was promptly told that even though it was adult, nudity was not permitted in that part of it. I then went home got dressed and went someplace else.

Well yes that true. It's not  uncommon for clubs on Adult rated sims to tell you to get dressed because "we aren't that sort of place". I don't argue,  I just say thank you and leave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I really hope so: just imagine the amazing animations one could produce! Male members twirling themselves into pretzels, or demonstrating sailor's knots! Genitals doing elegant pirouettes and shimmies, or emerging like the proverbial cobra while someone plays a flute!

Think of the possibilities for endless amusement! Please tell me it is so!

My friend once tried a demo of Bento enabled male attachment. It was quite well made, looking very realistic and it was fully "enabled". And OMG the animations (O.O)! Some were nice, some others were extremely hilarious. A snake it was! :$😁

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

My friend once tried a demo of Bento enabled male attachment. It was quite well made, looking very realistic and it was fully "enabled". And OMG the animations (O.O)! Some were nice, some others were extremely hilarious. A snake it was! :$😁

Now, that would be an interesting photo essay!

Or, maybe not . . .

5 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

Wear this? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HHVET-Victoriana-Stop-Camming-Wearable-Block/6202755

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.