Hidden private parts in G rated land

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

As an aside, An Aeros will auto hide when you enter a g rated sim.

That thing is also super laggy. It has something like 5-billion avatar complexity and a 3-ton pack of scripts.

There are some newer bento male parts out now though (been seeing one monthly of late at the Kinky event that is a bento male attachment), so hopefully they will take over, or Aeros will switch to bento rather than using 507 different mesh options and scripts to toggle their visibility and scale...

I don't know why... but I find male bodies and bits seem to have gone through NONE of the streamlining for better graphics and script optimization that female parts have. Male stuff in SL is about where female stuff was in 2012... laggy, overscripted, and using the worst methods for mesh.

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, wait. Slink men's bodies have a built-in thing-a-ma-what's-it?????

Is it functional? What happens to your pants if it suddenly becomes "visible"?

It's not functional, and it is sized for a mouse, not a man...

Somebody needs to break out a scaling prim and measure things before they put them on a release version...

It's not bento either... it's old tech.

It was a good idea - but done wrong. A built in male part really only became a good idea AFTER bento came out. So the guys could have a choice about that mouse issue...

7 hours ago, Ansiri said:

I remember here was some thread where was talk about camming inside avatars heads. Would it be a reason for someone to start complaining if the private parts were inside a head? Do people, who cam for the private parts, cam the whole avatar or just between the legs?

I have long wondered if this is why one of the popular mesh heads includes a very graphically complex laggy mesh brain on the inside...

7 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

I was at Frank's place once when the host told me that I had to wear panties under my gown because it was offensive to some people that I wasn't.

Oh...

Panties under my skirt?

Am I doing it right yet?

oops_002.png

Hey at least they're fitmesh...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That thing is also super laggy. It has something like 5-billion avatar complexity and a 3-ton pack of scripts.

There are some newer bento male parts out now though (been seeing one monthly of late at the Kinky event that is a bento male attachment), so hopefully they will take over, or Aeros will switch to bento rather than using 507 different mesh options and scripts to toggle their visibility and scale...

I don't know why... but I find male bodies and bits seem to have gone through NONE of the streamlining for better graphics and script optimization that female parts have. Male stuff in SL is about where female stuff was in 2012... laggy, overscripted, and using the worst methods for mesh.

Not trying to be argumentative but I unhid the one  I use and  my total complexity right now is 113,008 and that's including my flexi prim hair which others complain also adds millions in complexity.

My total scripts is about 170.

47 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Not trying to be argumentative but I unhid the one  I use and  my total complexity right now is 113,008 and that's including my flexi prim hair which others complain also adds millions in complexity.

My total scripts is about 170.

EXACTLY my point.

113,008 complexity is super high. The Aeroes is about 67,000 of that.

Compare *Birth* "Mr Smooth". It has 6,000 complexity and is ultra low script (192kb part, 192kb HUD). By 'Silent Alchemi'

Aeroes script: 936kb part, 936kb HUD.

A male avatar using the Mr Smooth, Belleza male body, Ayashi mesh hair, and a Catwa head : 18,900 complexity.

If I had a prop driving up 67,000 complexity I'd trash it. Actually... I did. That was my first mesh neko tail. I use a bento tail these days, but even before that there were other mesh neko tails that were a lot less extreme.

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It has something like 5-billion avatar complexity and a 3-ton pack of scripts.

Just tested my 6.1 Aeros Nemo while fully-clothed:

• Avatar complexity without genitalia - 52,325
  • Avatar complexity with genitalia = 79,114
  • Avatar complexity with genitalia and HUD = 81,929

So, with genitalia and HUD my complexity went up by 29,604, but considering that I would only be wearing it when naked the only things that need to be taken into consideration would be my mesh body and head, and my AO.

Adding to that the script count:

• Script count without genitalia = 97 with memory use of 4,317k
  • Script count with genitalia = 113 with memory use of 5,282k
  • Script count with genitalia and HUD = 128 with memory use of 6,218k

So, with genitalia and HUD my script count went up by 31 and my memory use went up by 1,901. Again, some of my apparel is probably scripted, so when naked that would be reduced.

(I didn't test while naked, purely because I'm halfway through putting an outfit together and haven't saved it.)

I'm not in the least bit surprised. The exact same crap happens with male clothing, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

(been seeing one monthly of late at the Kinky event that is a bento male attachment)

One of these that is at the Kinky event is hind legged rigged... which means some (like a heck of a lot) of bento AOs make it deform wrap around one's leg like a snake. Don't ask me why those AOs alter the hind legs pose.

• Haha 1

OK, now that I've saved this outfit, I've done a naked test. Slink Physique Male body, with Slink Bento hands and Slink feet and my Vista AO. Baseline 'naked avatar without genitalia' numbers are as follows:

• Complexity = 31,777
  • Scripts = 68
  • Memory = 3,920k

Of that my hair is as follows:

• Complexity = 1,232
  • Scripts = 7
  • Memory = 448k

And my AO is as follows:

• Scripts = 7
  • Memory = 448k

Adding the Aeros Nemo genitalia:

• Complexity = 61,363
  • Scripts = 84
  • Memory = 4,885k

Adding the HUD:

• Complexity = no change
  • Scripts = 99
  • Memory = 5,821k

In total, my numbers went up as follows:

• Complexity increased by 29,586
  • Scripts increased by 31
  • Memory increased by 1,901

Of course, the complexity system is a bit borked (I literally went by the numbers above my head, rather than any detailed right-click-examine on things) but it's a good enough ballpark figure to dispute the fact that at least this particular (YKMV*) Aeros 'item' contains "something like 5-billion avatar complexity" and "a 3-ton pack of scripts".

*Your Knob May Vary

• Thanks 1

EXACTLY my point.

113,008 complexity is super high. The Aeroes is about 67,000 of that.

Compare *Birth* "Mr Smooth". It has 6,000 complexity and is ultra low script (192kb part, 192kb HUD). By 'Silent Alchemi'

Aeroes script: 936kb part, 936kb HUD.

A male avatar using the Mr Smooth, Belleza male body, Ayashi mesh hair, and a Catwa head : 18,900 complexity.

If I had a prop driving up 67,000 complexity I'd trash it. Actually... I did. That was my first mesh neko tail. I use a bento tail these days, but even before that there were other mesh neko tails that were a lot less extreme.

To me anything under 120,000 is reasonable and acceptable, but that's just my opinion.

54 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

One of these that is at the Kinky event is hind legged rigged... which means some (like a heck of a lot) of bento AOs make it deform wrap around one's leg like a snake. Don't ask me why those AOs alter the hind legs pose.

That must be some amateurs rigging their mocap engines to the wrong bones... I have never seen this in female AOs and it would make all those wonderful toys like bento hair or the dolphin companion by Peach Boy useless... :o

Edited by Fionalein

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

That must be some amateurs rigging their mocap engines to the wrong bones

It locks to the leg and stays there unmoving, so I think it is a case that the adjusted the hind legs position when they set up the pose. If you turn on the bone display in debug you can see the back legs have been rotated.

One of the (if not the) largest AO animators in SL too and one that should know much better.

10 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

It locks to the leg and stays there unmoving, so I think it is a case that the adjusted the hind legs position when they set up the pose. If you turn on the bone display in debug you can see the back legs have been rotated.

Maybe we should ask some friendly animators for a "hind leg base lock" and similar bento tools, I personally could use a "right alt eye lock" for my Teegle horse ... my unicorn horn sideswipes in some 3rd party animations...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Well....  they ain't even trying to color match. so I reckon they ain't wasting time reading no numbers. 

Reckon they ain't got no time for such as that, with all them their poseballs to get to.      

Oh and recall.   Don't hafta cam up a skirt or show invisiprims.   Can set TPV Area Search to list attached objects. 

So now wondering if someone can just make a Bot client add-on to sniff out all them dirty parts and message automagicly.   Like For Science?  o.O 

Edited by KathrynLisbeth

Their land, their rules

Doesn't matter what anyone else says

Even if wording wasn't great

Doesn't matter

LL also says

Their land, their rules

Don't know why people pander to certain posters with kid gloves

Usual answer is

Their land, their rules

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Never seen that happen with the "Mr. Smooth". But my guy friend does say there's an update note about fixing a something that was moving the hips. Looks like they're not at Kinky this month too. I went an looked after starting down this sidetrack in the thread here and couldn't find it.
- But if that happens with one bento, just means get a different brand of bento. MP has 51 entries though a lot of that is 'addons' to other things...

If I get a male avatar to take off every attachment, and then just put on the Aeros Xerxes 6.1, it comes to 69,856 complexity. The guy I know with Aeros doesn't have the Nemo though. I guess I could have told to get a different Aeros but he went bento instead. I still think 30k for a single attachment is high, but it's not absurd.

I don't want to keep hammering against one brand though. It's not the brand... it's the mesh method. Props like this work by having a large stack of mesh models that are toggled in and out of scale and transparency. If you edit one of these and look at the object profile -> details you will see all those hidden parts. That is just outdated complexity.

If my total complexity on an outfit blows past 80k, I delete the outfit or use it only in private on an empty sim. :)

But this is all getting off topic.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Maybe we should ask some friendly animators for a "hind leg base lock" and similar bento tools, I personally could use a "right alt eye lock" for my Teegle horse ... my unicorn horn sideswipes in some 3rd party animations...

I would say if anyone has rigged something to a hind leg... the pressure needs to be on the person that rigged that. Unless they were putting out a hind leg... (do we mean lower leg or upper leg or is this a horse thing?)

As to WHY this might happen... could it have been a pre-bento item?

The Solarian cat furry for example, had an animated tail before bento came out. The tail was actually rigged to the butt, and they done some 'funny work' there with a deformer. After bento came out, a modder put out a bento 'swap' for that tail for people that were comfortable with rezzing a mesh body and unlinking parts to put in new parts... but on the original Solarian you were essentially running around with an animated butt that looked like a cat tail. :) If you wore some mesh that wasn't made for it, or tried to wear the tail on a human body, things got super weird.

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Looks funny, but does it work with lookat target hidden?

I don't think it it recognizing the cross-hairs.  The description says for you to "simply add this to your outfit whenever it happens", which implies you add it manually when you see cross-hairs on you.  I imagine you could resize it to fit just over the vijayjay and just wear it so that when someone starts camming up your skirt they would see the message.

4 hours ago, KathrynLisbeth said:

So now wondering if someone can just make a Bot client add-on to sniff out all them dirty parts and message automagicly.   Like For Science?  o.O 

No need to do it in a bot. The function is available in LSL too.

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Never seen that happen with the "Mr. Smooth". But my guy friend does say there's an update note about fixing a something that was moving the hips. Looks like they're not at Kinky this month too. I went an looked after starting down this sidetrack in the thread here and couldn't find it.

I will go recheck and report back, because I liked the look of Mr Smooth a lot. But it does conflict with the bento AOs of this one maker. If the Mr Smooth maker updated, woot.

As for hind legs, they are the most obvious bones to use I think. A human Av can wear wings, but four legs is more a feral thing. Even a centaur would be using feral bits.

Rigging it to the tail bone would be worse, the bento boy bits would slip between one's legs grow to tail length and start wagging side to side with my Wonderfurr tail. And wagging boybits would really make it a Schwanz... (which is the German word for tail).

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

which is the German word for tail...

it was one before... we use the term for both types ;)

and er yes, please don't abuse the tail bone for genitals, hair, cape or dresses that move with the bowel winds... whatever: Just don't! Kitty needs those bones.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

Perhaps hidden really isn't the right word. Perhaps to be in compliance, all genitalia, either addons or painted on, should simply not be allowed, even if they are covered or turned off. Skin makers can provide ken and barbie skins to be worn before one enters the sim. 

Of course people would still have to cover those skins with respectable clothes, but that's a whole other topic for discussion.

And let's face it, since ALL adult activity is forbidden on a G sim, even 3000 feet up in the air in a skybox on a restricted parcel with  a security orb, who needs genitals on a G sim anyway?

4 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

As for hind legs, they are the most obvious bones to use I think.

That's the thing. Any Bento solution must conflict with some other, more "official" use of the chosen rigging, because the skeleton dare not mention the male member, right? Or is there some other approach I haven't seen?

(To me, the specific product under discussion is kind of 'toonish, and at its smallest it's almost as big around as my wrist. Worse, it's listed as Mod+Copy on the Marketplace but of course it's the same no-mod garbage as all the others. But just to say something nice: the scripting seems better than average for such things.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.