Jump to content

What are some of your pet peeves?


IvyLarae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

It reads like there's a genuine design flaw, which I wouldn't have thought was particularly funny.

I don't think it's a flaw just whether you choose to have the notification chiclet thingies top right or bottom right. i have mine on the bottom in FS, blue dialogue boxes appear top right so neither the dialogue or payment notification conflict with each other

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't remember where it is but there is an option in firestorm preferences that has the windows cascade down so they don't overlap. Maybe someone will read this that remembers where it is and post it.

All notifications windows - including the permission window - will cascade down. The problem really is with the furniture menu, it is always on the top right corner, it will never cascade downwards. So, if there are no other notification windows on the screen (which would push the permission window downwards) then the permission window stays under the furniture menu. So it seems that it is coded so that the furniture menu stays always on top of the notification windows.

Better user friendly way would be that all notification windows would flow over the furniture menu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Coby Foden said:

All notifications windows - including the permission window - will cascade down. The problem really is with the furniture menu, it is always on the top right corner, it will never cascade downwards. So, if there are no other notification windows on the screen (which would push the permission window downwards) then the permission window stays under the furniture menu. So it seems that it is coded so that the furniture menu stays always on top of the notification windows.

Better user friendly way would be that all notification windows would flow over the furniture menu.

I am looking and looking trying to find it. I remember reading about this specific problem with furniture and someone listed how to make it appear under the notification. I'll keep looking.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AyelaNewLife said:

For me it's the other way around.

You are right! I looked it up, peeve is annoyed but annoyed is to the point of frustration or anger LOL Okay, pretend I said what I meant above and just swap annoyance and peeve around. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

Absolutely cannot stand when people do not know the difference between homophones. Their, there, they're.. to, too.. your, you're...

UR Rong. 

(Sorry, I couldn't resist - aaannnnddd you forgot "I could care less" (supposed to be "I couldn't care less")) Hahahaha

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

But the AVsitter experience is not a grid wide accepted experience (and for a good reason too, it isn't) so anywhere else it will ask the permission with that hidden permission window.

Its also possible the furniture creator has not kept their furniture updated with the AVsitter scripts.  You have to update the object script inside the prop as well as the furniture scripts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) Gestures

2) Facelights

3) People who are obnoxious to newbies who are asking questions

4) People who make suggestions in the forums about how much better SL would be if there were Quests / better fps support/ on steam

5)People who claim there is nothing to do in SL when really its them that cant be bothered to find something to do and want to be spoon fed

6) The phrase "Linden loving"

7)People with titles like Master

8 ) Text speak

9) People who go afk mid conversation without telling you then come back an hour later and expect you to still be waiting there

10) Beggars

11) market place links "See this in world" which no longer exist

12) No copy objects

13)People who take themselves seriously and expect you to do the same

14) People who insist that they should be allowed anywhere as a child avi

15) Geraniums

16) People who don't wait for everyone to rez and walk across the dance floor bumping everyone

17) People who insist on telling me how crap Donald Trump is even though I am not american and I really don't care either way

18) dogs with ginger eye brows

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Its also possible the furniture creator has not kept their furniture updated with the AVsitter scripts.  You have to update the object script inside the prop as well as the furniture scripts. 

I have the latest AVsitter scripts. Before I had accepted the AVsitter experience in my parcel it always popped up the window asking permission to attach. When I accepted the AVsitter experience in my parcel it does not ask permission to attach anymore in my parcel. Things just attach on the fly without any questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

But the AVsitter experience is not a grid wide accepted experience [...]

1
3

Actually, I believe (suspect?) it can be (I could be wrong, BUT...) You can (obviously for those in the know) attach an "Experience" to a parcel of land or regions, etc that you own or have permissions to do. BUT, you also can attach an experience for *yourself*.

Under the Me menu (or "Avatar" - depending on your viewer - the first menu) you should see an Experience selection. Choose that and search for AVsitter and add it. That experience is now "attached" to you wherever you go. Or, at least, I believe it is. I have been meaning to experiment to find out for sure, but need to find an AVsitter item that rezzes stuff for you - on someone else's place (and not my own). :)

Edited by Alyona Su
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually, I believe it can be (I could be wrong, BUT...) You can (obviously for those in the know) attach an "Experience" to a parcel of land or regions, etc that you own or have permissions to do. BUT, you also can attach an experience for *yourself*.

Under the Me menu (or "Avatar" - depending on your viewer - the first menu) you should see an Experience selection. Choose that and search for AVsitter and add it. That experience is now "attached" to you wherever you go. Or, at least, I believe it is. I have been meaning to experiment to find out for sure, but need to find an AVsitter item that rezzes stuff for you - on someone else's place (and not my own). :)

Here are the experiences I have accepted:

SL_Experiences.jpg.35de433089e43ad5f0ad161966181fe8.jpg

Avsitter does not ask permission to attach in my parcel. Anywhere else it does ask for permission to attach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

5.) here in the forums .. my annoyance is my own fault for letting myself get goaded into responding when I should keep my hands off the keyboard. I haven't found a good solution for this one yet as blocking someone is counter productive to what I wish to gain from the forums, which is gaining more information about Second Life and it's residents and being a productive part of the conversation.

You are not alone. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Coby Foden said:

Avsitter does not ask permission to attach in my parcel. Anywhere else it does ask for permission to attach.

Got you now.. yeah the land owner has to enable it.  I had a horrendous script spam once when I left my demo rezzed out at an event that hadn't enabled the experience on their land and people using the demo and not getting the experience caused me as the owner to get all this spam when I went back to the sim.  I asked the event owner to add the experience and the spam stopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Fortunately, the things that annoy me have easy options for removing the annoyance.

1.) particles that flash at events that trigger migraines (set particle's way down in preferences),

When it affects your health it's not an annoyance or a peeve, it's a danger and it's only right to do what's needed to keep yourself safe 💝 Mine is seizures from flashing lights and animated full bright images. Fortunately it's not too hard to avoid them but I do miss out on some things. It's just necessary when your brain works a bit differently from the majority's.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

When it affects your health it's not an annoyance or a peeve, it's a danger and it's only right to do what's needed to keep yourself safe 💝 Mine is seizures from flashing lights and animated full bright images. Fortunately it's not too hard to avoid them but I do miss out on some things. It's just necessary when your brain works a bit differently from the majority's.

One "peeve" does come to mind for me.

Vendor panels with that stupid, idiotic, nausea-inducing, impossible to read, dumass  constantly-zooming pictures. LOL

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

Absolutely cannot stand when people do not know the difference between homophones. Their, there, they're.. to, too.. your, you're...

I know the difference honest!  But my fingers don't.  They are always anticipating what I'm trying to type and getting it wrong. They also like to race each other to the end of the word and mix up the order of the letters accordingly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...