IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

14 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

Why not, instead going at it like people are stupid, which is what you are putting off, you actually list some examples and ways instead of coming off as border line condescending

He won't answer, but I can give some common methods.

• People are creatures of habit. They tend to go to the same place.
  • People will join the groups and leave the groups active. Those groups lead to places you will be. (Hide your groups people)
  • Picks are a huge leaker of places you like. And more, your home. People who set up picks at home leak that pretty easily. (Use Linden Land for your picks people)
  • SL is in fact small, if you say in your profile you are a Surfer, then there are only so many surf beaches in SL.  (Don't say your locational likes in your profile)
  • Photos in a profile/flickr/whatever are a huge give away (Use a backdrop, not that nude beach you secretly go to)
  • Parcels on mainland can trivially have trackers that spot you in an adjoining. 16M2 a few regions from a club isn't difficult. Mobile bots can and do track people outside of this by either standing still in seemingly popular places, or teleporting place to place and taking a census.
  • It doesn't stop with you, friends in groups you leave unhidden and your partner's profile can leak your locations too.

There are many more, but these are some common ones.

• Like 4

thumbnail_48207.jpg

Creators that lock the best colours/patterns inside the fatpack really grinds my gears. I don't mind the single colour or fatpack hud business model; just let me buy the individuals I want! I'm trying to give them money!

Related other pet peeve: white knights that think that "muh free market" insulates creators from any and all criticism. It doesn't. 

Edited by AyelaNewLife
came out harsher than intended, toned down phrasing
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Creators that lock the best colours/patterns inside the fatpack really grinds my gears. I don't mind the single colour or fatpack hud business model; just let me buy the individuals I want! I'm trying to give them money!

I hate it when creators do that there has been many an occasion where i've seen something i like and the colour or print option i like most has been fatpack only it's especially bad if a fatpack only option has been modelled in the advertising

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Definitely irritating -- and it most definitely does NOT encourage me to buy the fatpack just to get the color/pattern.  I simply sigh and skip it.

• Like 7

Pet Peeve #1

Merchants who put sex poses into boats and planes but don't sell a PG version. So many waterways are G rated regions and you end up sailing a sex bed through them.

Pet Peeve #2

Merchants who sell a PG rated object, but leave all the X Rated poses inside. Too many lunatics on the grid who get their kicks creating drama when you place a PG object innocently, but there is are un-usable Adult poses inside.

23f99e38cea17aa60612522c89351486.thumb.png.7c1a7e7df4826b27f076c8e5633ee463.png

• Sad 1

On 12/13/2018 at 3:43 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

You, too? Are you, by any chance, left handed? :D

funny you should ask, I am as a matter of fact.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 1:43 PM, Minx Kurosawa said:

5.  Retro avatars [ flexi prim, bling, box shoes, textured outfits. Minus the mesh]

Nothing wrong with classic avatars. I maintain several. I love flex hair, it moves in ways that mesh hair only wishes it could, in tandem with the avatar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/18/2018 at 12:42 AM, janetosilio said:

Skin ads that use too much morphing: real hair, morphed face on a models body...c’mon!

I call it skin catfishing.

I wish creators would stop doing that completely, not just with skin ads. It annoys me in other ads too, because if the model looks like the lovechild of some third party 3D rendering and photoshop, how can I trust anything else displayed in the same picture?

• Like 3

Well...

1. "Hi", "Hello", "Mmmmmm", "Brrrrrrrr", "Hot, want some fuk"

2. Gacha, I consider them the biggest rip off a creator can put out for their customers.

3. Selling 50 individual versions of the same thing instead of selling one thing with a texture change hud

4. Mainland hyper priced parcels

5. Creators that can't take constructive criticism and have full on meltdowns over it

6. Prim babies…even the mesh ones look like weird alien waste product

7. Mesh superiority snobs who complain about classic avatars

8. Residents who live and thrive for “da drama”

9. Clothing designers who think that all female avatars want to look a cheap 3am Bangkok hooker after a particularly trying night

10. My little pony sex sims (Yes they exist)

• Like 2

Pets..... *smirks and of course, longazz:-> HhhhhhhhhhhOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo! 's \0/ 

and as chibiusa mentioned above >Gachas<. Might just be me, but my brain is incapable of assigning any value at all to Gachas. 

To me that's sort of gambling, which I don't do ever. Not even lotto tickets. I work too hard for my money & lindens to be sucked into that wonky stuff. ¬¬

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Gacha reply - varies lol
  • Like 2

Ok I live next to an adult store and adult activity centre. But usually its Ok.

Today the sim was packed. First a naked guy standing outside saying "wanna f*** babe". Then slimy sea life guy stood right outside my door perving by cam I imagine.

Not a great welcome back after Christmas!

I was proper peeved..... :)

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

First a naked guy standing outside saying "wanna f*** babe". Then slimy sea life guy stood right outside my door perving by cam I imagine.

The best defense is still to say something along the lines of "Hang on the missus just needs me to move me truck, and I'll grab a beer"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Ok I live next to an adult store and adult activity centre. But usually its Ok.

Today the sim was packed. First a naked guy standing outside saying "wanna f*** babe". Then slimy sea life guy stood right outside my door perving by cam I imagine.

Not a great welcome back after Christmas!

I was proper peeved..... :)

So, perv peeved, or peeve perved?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

5. Creators that can't take constructive criticism and have full on meltdowns over it

Oh this one for sure. The bulk are gracious, but there is a real cohort of highly strung people who don't seem to be able to deal with it rationally.

Never leave them a bad review.... their world would be shattered.

• Like 1

My pet peeves...omg so many over the years! Just to name a few:

• AO's with weird walks (you try them out and you like everything BUT the walking animation)
  • The price for mesh heads (I'm just frugal...this is not the only price I have an issue with lmao)
  • Forums turning defensive (people really just want to post and talk about what they post...people act like piranhas sometimes)
  • Flexi hair (why does it move like that???)
  • The Marketplace (by now it should look different, like updated, right?)

Lol there are probably soooo many more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

The best defense is still to say something along the lines of "Hang on the missus just needs me to move me truck, and I'll grab a beer"

I've tried responses like this, and it usually encourages them because it shows "spirit", or at least that I'm willing not to tell them to FOAD immediately. What worked better (when I felt like messing with them and not just blocking immediately) was waiting for a minute or two, and then responding with, "I'm so sorry, I had to go afk quickly because my dentures all just fell out." Or occasionally, "Oh God yes. I've been sitting here for hours waiting for a man like you to come and satisfy me. Hang on, I'm just going to give you a skin diving suit with the bottom cut out."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

Well...

1. "Hi", "Hello", "Mmmmmm", "Brrrrrrrr", "Hot, want some fuk"

2. Gacha, I consider them the biggest rip off a creator can put out for their customers.

3. Selling 50 individual versions of the same thing instead of selling one thing with a texture change hud

4. Mainland hyper priced parcels

6. Prim babies…even the mesh ones look like weird alien waste product

7. Mesh superiority snobs who complain about classic avatars

8. Residents who live and thrive for “da drama”

9. Clothing designers who think that all female avatars want to look a cheap 3am Bangkok hooker after a particularly trying night

10. My little pony sex sims (Yes they exist)

1, 3, 4, 8, and 10 UGH!

• Like 1

Next time I go inworld, I have to check out MLP sex sims. However weird they are, I'm sure I've seen worse. Besides, I always knew there was something up with Applejack.

9 minutes ago, JermaniSteele said:

Flexi hair (why does it move like that???)

Iv said it once il say it again...flex hair rocks. Especially if you soften the flexibility of the movement. It may not look as pro as mesh hair but mesh hair never moves like real hair, even when animated its still very limited, and definitely not in tandem with your avatars movements. I have this amazing super long flex hair that reaches right down to my knees and it looks so so so amazing when your walking and its billowing out behind you xD.

• Like 6

Just now, chibiusa Ling said:

Iv said it once il say it again...flex hair rocks. Especially if you soften the flexibility of the movement. It may not look as pro as mesh hair but mesh hair never moves like real hair, even when animated its still very limited, and definitely not in tandem with your avatars movements. I have this amazing super long flex hair that reaches right down to my knees and it looks so so so amazing when your walking and its billowing out behind you xD.

Maybe I haven't been looking at the right ones then because..LOL. Any suggestions?