What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I just give deserving noobs lindens. You know if they're genuine or not after a darn good chat. I recall the amazement and sheer joy when someone gave me L's when I was new.
I will spend hours of time helping to teach new peeps about my fave mesh head or body which I did yesterday.
After about an hour of sorting huds, appliers etc for diff versions of heads and skins, we both laughed at how frustrating and agonising it had been.
We had a really good time doing it though :)

You are officially my hero of the day, Maryanne.  As old as I am in Second Life, and all the things I have learned over the years, there was a moment when I felt totally overloaded, packed in for a while, and since I've come back, hearing people talk about Slink feet, Bento heads, Maitreya, BoM, I've just never even tried to get my head around any of it, so my days of helping out newbies if I meet them in world are long over. You are amazing to have such patience, but I am glad you both did have a really good time, despite the frustration etc.

• Like 1

*ding ding 7pm*

Person you know: Hey, what’s up?

You: Not much, I’m at/doing *whatever*. How are you?

*no response for 5 mins*

*you close the box*

*no response for an hour*

*another hour passes you forgot about the random IM and log off*

*The next day you log on saved IM from Random person Time stamp is like 3am*

Person you know: Sorry! I was afk. I’m good.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

hearing people talk about Slink feet, Bento heads, Maitreya, BoM, I've just never even tried to get my head around any of it, so my days of helping out newbies if I meet them in world are long over.

You are most welcome to notecard me inworld with any queries Marigold :) We don't have to be online at the same time. (I'm southern hemisphere). I have creator status for LAQ, SLink. Maitreya and a couple of others. 😊  (display name Aveline Echraide). To Marigold only cause she's been a forum legend for ages :)

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ugly or fat or ugly fat men who have the audacity to criticise a woman for having a few extra pounds on her body.

People who think they are really funny, when they actually are not.

People who act all offended because no one got their "joke" - people, if no one laughs, it wasn't a joke!!!

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Getting to sleep waaaaay too late and then being awake waaaaay too early. 😠   On the other hand I just learned a lot of new acronyms... ^^^

You should have responded this to the ' How am I feeling today' - thread, but I fear getting socks thrown at me, so I'll let this remark slide .. 😜

^,^

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

You should have responded this to the ' How am I feeling today' - thread, but I fear getting socks thrown at me, so I'll let this remark slide .. 😜

^,^

I was making a comment in regards to the many minutes I spent Googling the acronyms starting with the PEBCAK comment...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

^,^

And here was your golden opportunity to declare "People posting in the wrong thread!" a pet peeve of yours! 😋 Alas, the moment is gone.

• Haha 2

Center justified text misused in blog posts.

especially when listing what the avatar is wearing. 
Add Random capitalization and Spacing and by all means omit the 

punctuation

a guarantee I’ll never read any of your stuff and mute (block) you on every platform 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I met someone a while ago, a noob, who isn't the best with English (his first language). This guy always capitalizes My. I guess he thinks that if one capitalizes I then one does the same with my. It is on his profile. It is in the IMs. After a while my eye just started twitching, ya know? :) My grammar and syntax are shot to hel1 any more, so I try not to judge others too much, but yeah, there are times...  (Typing an ellipsis with more or less than three dots gets me too, as does using ellipses as the only punctuation for paragraphs of text.)

And btw, you can't be the comma splice queen because I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Center justified text misused in blog posts.

especially when listing what the avatar is wearing. 

punctuation

a guarantee I’ll never read any of your stuff and mute (block) you on every platform 

Oh, you forgot the colored Comic Sans font!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.