What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guess it’s easy to gang up on one person 👌👌👌 Omg I cannot with the holier than thou attitude even though you started it. Like...that is just too much. And then you wanna bring up past drama just to stir the pot more. It’s like you like it. 

19 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

In this instance I will gladly accept being "holier" than thou. :) It is rather an easy thing to be in comparison.

image.png.38c8083db693e432b85e875f87e59b69.png

I guess you're cheesed off with it.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

No, it’s cool I get what you’re saying. Only reason I came back is to share my photos and I always get met with disrespect, so I mean it is what it is. And, I don’t do Flickr anymore so this was the next thing to get some views or likes on my photos but it is what it is. 

Low number of "likes" is not "disrespect".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, Ashlyn Voir said:

It’s not how good you are on these forums. It’s how many people actually like you. You could be actually good and get ignored or as few likes compared to something less, but because they’re popular or more well liked, they get likes. 

^^^ Your usual whiney troll-y drama, that sparked pages of comment, on another thread prompted my post here. My post was genuine, on topic and oh... I didn't name ANYone. You chose to run with it.

6 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

But, you’re not? You actively make passive aggressive comments and start drama. You’re no better than me. And, that’s saying something. 😂

And I've been pretty quiet in this thread and will continue to be because I'm just not that into you. 

And I honestly think you need professional help.

And I really wish you would be really "over it" whatever "it" is, instead of just whining and whining and saying how much you don't care when you obviously do and how over it you really are and how SL just sucks and no one can take photos that are as good as yours and your avi is so much better... In other words, get a life.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Low number of "likes" is not "disrespect".

Generally this is true. Very much so. And people really, really shouldn't worry about likes. There was another poster who PM'd me several times about the horror of me not liking their photo posts and how we are ALL in this for the likes. :) Um, no, we all are not.

In some cases a low number of likes does reflect that people are just fed up with a particular poster, and when that happens en masse there is always a reason for it.

Anyone who posts anything on a Forum for a long period of time will have a few people who just don't like them. Worrying about it is a waste of time and energy.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

^^^ Your usual whiney troll-y drama, that sparked pages of comment, on another thread prompted my post here. My post was genuine, on topic and oh... I didn't name ANYone. You chose to run with it.

And I've been pretty quiet in this thread and will continue to be because I'm just not that into you. 

And I honestly think you need professional help.

And I really wish you would be really "over it" whatever "it" is, instead of just whining and whining and saying how much you don't care when you obviously do and how over it you really are and how SL just sucks and no one can take photos that are as good as yours and your avi is so much better... In other words, get a life.

Thanks for being so in love with me, Seicher. I love you too baby. 

also, you can’t say get a life when we’re all playing freaking SL. Lmao. 😂😂😂

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Haha 1

Wow this thread has become a bit single minded. Well, I've been here two years at the end of this month, and I was made welcome from day 1. I was given huge amounts of help from day 1, by regulars who didn't know anything about me or how I roll. The forums have been a lifer saver in so many ways, and is such a great place to hang out.

What I don't do, is moan about "stuff". I would not dream of dissing anyone on another platform either. I have no time for drama of any sort, my drama stays in RL. I don't know whether I've peed anyone off here or not. I know I do that well when I'm not really trying, but here, it can wash over.

Likes are good, both here and flickr, but they are what they are. The most important thing on the avi forum is to make new posters welcome.  It is a really big deal making that first image post. 

So staying with the thread title...………..My peeve is relentless moaning and groaning. Say it and shut it, as we say hereabouts. It aint what you say, it's the way that you say it.

Now where's my tin hat?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

New topic. :)

I wish we could pay our premium SL fees with $L, and I'm not sure why we can't. Sometimes I have a large balance, maybe through gifts or something but I don't have the RL cash when fees are due. It is a puzzlement/frustration/peeve.

You can sell those Linden and use them to pay for premium. No process credit to a paypal account required.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Latest pet peeve, and one that’s hard to explain: 

When my V-Tech chest forgets to alpha out my Maitreya one upon login. 😅 And I have to manually do it. Every. single. Time. Not sure if it’s a glitch that has to do with the latest version but it seems to happen to me an awful lot lately. 

~Vael

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I've been here two years at the end of this month, and I was made welcome from day 1. I was given huge amounts of help from day 1, by regulars who didn't know anything about me or how I roll. The forums have been a lifer saver in so many ways, and is such a great place to hang out.

That's cuz you're adorbs and pleasant and actively participate with give and take.  I get a kick out of your girl-next-door photos interspersed with more :::cough::: suggestive ones. I used to post a long time ago, in the ancient version of the Forums. It was a rougher place then, but also still welcoming and helpful to people in general. This place is a cakewalk by comparison, and that, overall, is a good thing.

You also said, "The most important thing on the avi forum is to make new posters welcome.  It is a really big deal making that first image post. "

Yes, this exactly is why I'm more generous with likes on the photo thread than I would be, say, in Flickr and I think that is true for a lot of people who post in those threads. I remember how intimidated I was when I posted my first photo, and how cool it was to see it up there on the Internet all shiny and new. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I believe we've spent enough time going back and forth here, so please drop it. If you want to continue this petty behavior @Ashlyn Voir then start a thread of your own. This is a pet peeves thread where we respectively talk about the things that annoy us currently in Second Life.

I urge everyone if you want her to go away then stop giving her what she wants because that's the only reason she is coming back, because you all keep replying to the things she says.

And I urge you Ashlyn to spend time doing something productive and stop being so passive aggressive and rude to people, you complain about noone liking you but judging from your responses you don't make it easy. You can't keep insulting people and then turn around, feeling sorry for yourself and acting like the victim when people get upset. You get what you give, remember that, if you give negativity, you're gonna get negativity back.

Edited by IvyLarae
Changed Forum to Thread and fixed a few grammatical errors
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.