What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Lab's zero interference policy towards fraudulent gacha sellers is unjustifiable and immoral. Their spiel about how "the transaction between the creator and the customer is a personal one -- direct and without a middleman" is objectively false. To combine that all with a ban on "naming and shaming" of scammers is to deprive the community of the only defence against a free market - the free speech required to collectively keep the worst instincts of some in line.

On the other hand, those resellers who are prepared to check for errors and quickly resolve the problem (despite having no legal obligation to do so, making it effectively an act of charity) deserve all the praise in the world. And Linden Lab don't deserve those people in their community.

• Like 4

I think my biggest pet peeve is, story time before I delve into the pet peeve. So someone had shared something in the group, with no explanation as to what it does or what it was. So I asked, hey what is this, what does it do. I got attacked and told I could look on google. I was like alright, but if you are gonna make something and share it in a group. It would be nice if you explained it in the notice. Long story short, I got kicked and banned from the group for A asking a question, and B for standing up for myself in said group. My biggest pet peeve, is when people share stuff in a group, with a lack of an explanation of what it is. Just the object a Title and that is it. That and the rudeness that some of these people exude. It's ridiculous. I asked a question, no need to get all offended cause someone doesn't know what it is. You could have said hey, it is this and if you want a better explanation. Go to this link and it will tell you more. It's not that hard to answer a question about your creation, when asked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/18/2020 at 4:59 PM, AyelaNewLife said:

I quite like the selection available at men's shopping events, to be honest.

If I'm ever feeling down about the lacklustre offering for women any month, one quick trip to TMD cheers me right up!

But most of the selection is mainly for men who want to look feminine, or the ghetto look. That isn't a bad thing, but what men lack is diversity in styles. Not every dude wants to look like they are a thug or have that feminine look.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But most of the selection is mainly for men who want to look feminine, or the ghetto look. That isn't a bad thing, but what men lack is diversity in styles. Not every dude wants to look like they are a thug or have that feminine look.

Honestly,Ā  allot of the so called femmine stuff isn't all that inspired either. It's less feminine flare andĀ  more a bunch of crop tops. in the exactĀ same style.Ā  Over and over again.

As someone who wears men,Ā women and all that's in between) Fashion. There's a huge lack ofĀ  diversity across theĀ  board. But men's fashion seems to be suffering from itĀ the most.Ā  Yes there are gems out there. ButĀ  in comparison to women/feminine fashion.Ā  There's far less variety. SL Creators,Ā  seem to be suffering allot of creative burnout or follow the leader syndrome. Coupled withĀ  mesh and it's difficulty, and few are willingĀ  or able to create for different substyles, even amongst mainstream 2020 rl fashions.Ā 

and it's kind saddening really.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AylinVali said:

Honestly,Ā  allot of the so called femmine stuff isn't all that inspired either. It's less feminine flare andĀ  more a bunch of crop tops. in the exactĀ same style.Ā  Over and over again.

As someone who wears men,Ā women and all that's in between) Fashion. There's a huge lack ofĀ  diversity across theĀ  board. But men's fashion seems to be suffering from itĀ the most.Ā  Yes there are gems out there. ButĀ  in comparison to women/feminine fashion.Ā  There's far less variety. SL Creators,Ā  seem to be suffering allot of creative burnout or follow the leader syndrome. Coupled withĀ  mesh and it's difficulty, and few are willingĀ  or able to create for different substyles, even amongst mainstream 2020 rl fashions.Ā 

and it's kind saddening really.

You forgot pants with massive bulges, or underwear with bulges for those men. xD

• Haha 2

Forum trolls who routinely abuse others, who stalk Forumites inside the Forum and outside, who are toxic whackjobs who then periodically cycle through phases of "poor me, nobody likes me" and "hey, I'm just a normal poster."Ā  This justĀ sucks in nice caring folks who are either new to the Forum or don't follow the threads where the trolls have been to know "troll" and so the nice folks give the trolls attention and sympathy.Ā  Trolls are the worst... but the poor things just don't get the likes they think they deserve.Ā :(

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Forum trolls who routinely abuse others, who stalk Forumites inside the Forum and outside, who are toxic whackjobs who then periodically cycle through phases of "poor me, nobody likes me" and "hey, I'm just a normal poster."Ā  This justĀ sucks in nice caring folks who are either new to the Forum or don't follow the threads where the trolls have been to know "troll" and so the nice folks give the trolls attention and sympathy.Ā  Trolls are the worst... but the poor things just don't get the likes they think they deserve.Ā :(

At this point Iā€™m done caring whether or not people on this forum like me or not, but you can just say my username instead of being passive aggressive about it because I know youā€™re referring to me. It doesnā€™t take a genius to figure that out, especially if you frequent these forums. And, Iā€™m not a troll. If I were a troll, I wouldnā€™t have bothered putting ANYTHING OR TIME INTO MY AVATAR. PERIOD. IF I were a troll, I would NOT care so much into putting that much effort into a SL photo or even bothering to get likes. Like, I would not seriously put that much energy if I were just ā€œtrollingā€.Ā 
Ā 

Like, I know people donā€™t like Ashlyn Voir. Just say my username and say you donā€™t like me and Iā€™m your pet peeve. And call it what it is. I know no one on here likes me and thatā€™s why my photos or post get little to no likes. I get it. Like I said, no need to be passive aggressive about it. Just say, I DO NOT LIKE ASHLYN. There I said it for you.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

None of you know what a real troll is like you want to talk about trolling look at people like britbong or a number of people who solely make SL accounts just to start things or mess with residence. Like I said Iā€™m not a troll and I wouldnā€™t bother to put so much effort into my avatar or photos if I were just trolling. Like damn I donā€™t even put that much effort into a lot of things so yeah I get genuinely pissed when I work hard at something and it gets nothing.Ā 
Ā 

I get people donā€™t like me here and thatā€™s fine, Iā€™m an outspoken person and people donā€™t like that. I get it. And, I wonā€™t take any mess from anyone and if youā€™re looking for drama, Iā€™ll give it to you. Be nice to me and Iā€™ll be nice back. Thatā€™s how I am. A lot of people were rude to me so I gave them back the same energy. That doesnā€™t make me a troll.Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

At this point Iā€™m done caring whether or not people on this forum like me or not, but you can just say my username instead of being passive aggressive about it because I know youā€™re referring to me. It doesnā€™t take a genius to figure that out, especially if you frequent these forums. And, Iā€™m not a troll. If I were a troll, I wouldnā€™t have bothered putting ANYTHING OR TIME INTO MY AVATAR. PERIOD. IF I were a troll, I would NOT care so much into putting that much effort into a SL photo or even bothering to get likes. Like, I would not seriously put that much energy if I were just ā€œtrollingā€.Ā 
Ā 

Like, I know people donā€™t like Ashlyn Voir. Just say my username and say you donā€™t like me and Iā€™m your pet peeve. And call it what it is. I know no one on here likes me and thatā€™s why my photos or post get little to no likes. I get it. Like I said, no need to be passive aggressive about it. Just say, I DO NOT LIKE ASHLYN. There I said it for you.Ā 

I don't know you or what is going on, nor am I going to involve myself in it. May I offer some advice though please?

Don't worry so much about what others think of you. Don't worry so much about how many reactions you get here on these forums since it simply doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things does it?

I'm sure there are those here who cannot stand me, but you know what? I don't care. I take part in the threads here I like and post where I like. That's it! I share where I'm comfy sharing and forget the rest because it just isn't important. Do what you enjoy as long as it is within the TOS, not hurting anyone or griefing. Do what makes you happy and worry less about what others think about you.

Ā 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

At this point Iā€™m done caring whether or not people on this forum like me or not,

But you're not done are you? You're never done. Even when people are nice to you, you bite and b1tchĀ at them. You need professional help. It really isn't worth getting your knickers in a twist all of the time, like you obviously are doing, posting on Twitter about how awful we are all here on the Second Life forums. Just go and get. Some. Professional. Help.Ā Please.Ā 

Edited by Marigold Devin
b1tch
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Ā 

Personally, I find it rather difficult to know if I like someone or not when I don't know them at all.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

None of you know what a real troll is like you want to talk about trolling look at people like britbong or a number of people who solely make SL accounts just to start things or mess with residence. Like I said Iā€™m not a troll and I wouldnā€™t bother to put so much effort into my avatar or photos if I were just trolling. Like damn I donā€™t even put that much effort into a lot of things so yeah I get genuinely pissed when I work hard at something and it gets nothing.Ā 
Ā 

I get people donā€™t like me here and thatā€™s fine, Iā€™m an outspoken person and people donā€™t like that. I get it. And, I wonā€™t take any mess from anyone and if youā€™re looking for drama, Iā€™ll give it to you. Be nice to me and Iā€™ll be nice back. Thatā€™s how I am. A lot of people were rude to me so I gave them back the same energy. That doesnā€™t make me a troll.Ā 

pffft You call britbong trolling? LOL Man that is lame compared to the old flame boards. And I mean old flame boards not this namby pamby crap that passes for one these days.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Personally, I find it rather difficult to know if I like someone or not when I don't know them at all.

Ā 

pffft You call britbong trolling? LOL Man that is lame compared to the old flame boards. And I mean old flame boards not this namby pamby crap that passes for one these days.

Iā€™m just saying if I wanted to troll that badly, I wouldnā€™t put so much effort into things. Most trolls donā€™t care period. Their whole m.o is to s**t post and get laughs out of it. People donā€™t like me here. I get it.Ā 

• Like 1

Don"t EVER care who likes or dislikes you in an online forumĀ or in RL.
Apparently I was being stalked in SL.Ā 
The only problem is that I didn't even know about it.
Probably because "whoever" would be annihilated in a single sentence.
More probably because I couldn't care less about it.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oh for the love of ...

There's another one to add in that peeves me: Making a generalized post aboutĀ anythingĀ and someone comes along, assuming it is about them.

To such people I can only say this: It is not all about you, grow up. Perhaps do something about that guilty conscience.

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.