What mesh bodies do you use?

Tess Falworth

The way it was explained to me by a designer/creator is, there are so many mesh bodies they can't possibly support them all. Makes sense. So they polled their people and Belleza did not make the cut. As new bodies release the most popular are most created for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kat Kassner said:

What has happened to Belleza? The female bodies are becoming supported by less and less creators, despite being one of the top supported bodies not so long ago. They all same to be dropping Freya support for Kupra and Reborn. 

Legacy happened, then Kupra happened, then Ebody Reborn happened. They took a long time to come out with an update to the Lelutka neck fit/BoM update in the hud…that was the two piece and a biscuit for creators to move on from them. A lot can change in a year and a half.

There isn’t anything wrong with the bodies, people just tend to down talk them all the time in group chats. After a while that starts to sink in and people started wearing other bodies.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 6:10 AM, Maitimo said:

Belleza Isis is my favourite these days but I wear Freya more often, because of clothing availability.  Still wear Maitreya occasionally, but only when I want to wear an outfit that has no Belleza fits.

^ Me too.

I was loving my Belleza Isis body for awhile, but then because of this clothing availability issue and deciding I want my main avatar to have a fuller figure, I went to Belleza Freya for her.  I love this body and don't have a problem finding clothes for it. Blueberry and Addams both make clothing in all the more popular sizes. My main avatar also has Maitreya Lara and LucyBody.

My favorite alt only wears Maitreya, which fits her younger, thinner look.

My wolf-girl alt wears LucyBody when she's in human form. She wears the Timber Wolf Industries wolf as a feral wolf.

My guy alt wears Belleza Jake. He also has Signature Gianni, but I prefer Jake.

They're all wearing LeLutka Evo X heads set to Evolution, not to Evo X. 

If anyone wants a fuller figure female body than Maitreya, I strongly suggest they go try a demo of Belleza Freya. It's the best price (still half their old price) and has plenty of clothes that fit it.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2022 at 1:57 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

^ Me too.

I was loving my Belleza Isis body for awhile, but then because of this clothing availability issue and deciding I want my main avatar to have a fuller figure, I went to Belleza Freya for her.  I love this body and don't have a problem finding clothes for it.

I agree. Part of why I like it better than maitreya is because I can get a body shape that is thicker (more muscular rather than curvier). When I try for that shape with Maitreya I have to dial the bodyfat sliders way up which means a lot of clothing is distorted. With Freya, my bodyfat sliders are lower so clothing fits much better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caroline Takeda said:

Got a link?

Sadly the site no longer around, not sure what happened, I guess LilDaria (the creator of MBA) got busy with real life or something but either way hope she okay.

• Like 1

Belleza Freya

Legacy

Maitreya

Kalhene Erika

Belleza Jake

Legacy Male

My all time favorite body will always be Belleza, but as they are basically getting pushed out(but still tons of older stuff) i've been using my Legacy more(would still love for it's legs to be able to be made a little chunkier. Pony thighs are too easy to have and I hate it). Also i've been having this issue with my Belleza bodies lately where things just reactivate themselves randomly(alphas, mesh nipples) or when I log out and then back in. It's incredibly annoying.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

Myself (in order of usage):

Maitreya, Lucybody Atenea, various Ruth bodies (2v4 based), and some SL system bodies for fast paced in world games.

Among my alts:

Belleza female pack (mostly Freya), Kalhene Erika, Lucybody Atenea, Belleza Jake, Ruth 2v4 and various SL system takes.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:49 PM, Cali Souther said:

Human = Maitreya

Not sure what you're suggesting. Maitreya's boobs are a little too square on the underside for the body to be seen as the most 'human.' Just my opinion. Not saying its not a good body, it is.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:45 PM, colleen Criss said:

The way it was explained to me by a designer/creator is, there are so many mesh bodies they can't possibly support them all. Makes sense. So they polled their people and Belleza did not make the cut. As new bodies release the most popular are most created for.

The trouble is this just kills smaller brands off even faster. People were making for Kupra in droves almost as soon as it was out, way before it would have been one of the more popular bodies. I'd imagine there is a lot of Politics at play.

Belleza need to get their act together of they are to survive as a body vendor.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Signature Gianni is what I have been using for 2 years now the creator just updated the body and it looks a lot more better at least with a no neckline issue and some hud changes. There is a new body and head that was just released by the same creator which looks nice but I am waiting for clothing to become open for it before buying it. 

• Like 1

I’m on page one but looks like shortly after that post I changed bodies. I now, and for over three years, am using Tonic Fine. I have a good bit of clothing and the way prices are climbing my buying has tapered off drastically, but I have enough to mix and match to last me for years.

I’m not sure what it would take for me to try a different body, but its not out there yet.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 5:56 PM, Kat Kassner said:

Not sure what you're suggesting. Maitreya's boobs are a little too square on the underside for the body to be seen as the most 'human.' Just my opinion. Not saying its not a good body, it is.

I only meant,  when I am in human form,  I use the Maitreya Lara Body.   :)  

I have a lot of different avatars...   wolf, cat, dog, elephant, robot, and on and on.........

• Like 1

I use whatever allows me to mod it without too much hassle, so unfortunately, that has left me with just the Jake to use. Not that men have much choice anyway, but in the end it's the best supported male body.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

... I now, and for over three years, am using Tonic Fine. I have a good bit of clothing and the way prices are climbing my buying has tapered off drastically, but I have enough to mix and match to last me for years.

I’m not sure what it would take for me to try a different body, but its not out there yet.

What about more free clothes?

If you want more free clothes that fit your body without having to pay thousands of lindens for a new mesh body, try the Athenea mesh body on the Midnight Madness board at LucyBody. After you get it, you can then pay $L 197 for the BOM applier and I think $L 99 for the Maitreya high foot attachment. Otherwise that body fits Maitreya clothes and SLink shoes, both of which have many free gifts all over the grid and on MP. The LucyBody Athenea has a higher complexity than Maitreya Lara, doesn't have autohide and has a more clunky HUD, but it's an awesome option for those who want a good-looking female mesh body with plenty of clothing options. 

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What about more free clothes?

If you want more free clothes that fit your body without having to pay thousands of lindens for a new mesh body, try the Athenea mesh body on the Midnight Madness board at LucyBody. After you get it, you can then pay $L 197 for the BOM applier and I think $L 99 for the Maitreya high foot attachment. Otherwise that body fits Maitreya clothes and SLink shoes, both of which have many free gifts all over the grid and on MP. The LucyBody Athenea has a higher complexity than Maitreya Lara, doesn't have autohide and has a more clunky HUD, but it's an awesome option for those who want a good-looking female mesh body with plenty of clothing options. 

Actually, I bought my first Lucy Body back in 2017 so I am aware of the product but not that version of the body. I have hit the board and will take a look at it, but one of my biggest problems with most bodies is the breasts get to deformed when I try to go smaller. With my Tonic Fine body at 4’ 11” it does not take much for the breasts to overpower my body and be just to much, and yes everyone has their own opinion on that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It would be interesting to see a dynamic bar graph of the most popular mesh bodies from the first ones to the present. Since we don't have that, here's a collection of pie charts over time.

(I'm bumping this older thread for comparison purposes and because it was only 6 pages long.)

From Salt & Pepper, 2019:

On 10/10/2019 at 4:03 AM, Salt Peppermint said:

meshbodysurvey 2019_1777.jpg

50849067237_8a27695312_z.jpg.e8855de4d87d12954ec7b92131fb0f79.jpg

Blueberry, May 2023:

52889451861_b82eeff413_b.thumb.jpg.5464124ab84d395abe7fd44bc3c4369f.jpg

I mainly wear my Reborn/Reborn with Waifus though if I want to wear one of my fave retro looks then I switch back to my Maitreya 5.3 as I kept both.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It would be interesting to see a dynamic bar graph of the most popular mesh bodies from the first ones to the present. Since we don't have that, here's a collection of pie charts over time.

(I'm bumping this older thread for comparison purposes and because it was only 6 pages long.)

From Salt & Pepper, 2019:

50849067237_8a27695312_z.jpg.e8855de4d87d12954ec7b92131fb0f79.jpg

Blueberry, May 2023:

52889451861_b82eeff413_b.thumb.jpg.5464124ab84d395abe7fd44bc3c4369f.jpg

I would have expected to see more Kupra users, in that last survey. Reborn really is miles more popular than Kupra.

• Like 1