Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Linden Homes .. not like horizons. Where did you see any of us suggest it would be for sale?

you need glasses,  Blush...

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

1182060371_ssplots.jpg.3c3446d7ee45ef99d67992654cbdef81.jpg

 

Edited by Fionalein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch also implied that there will be plots larger than 1024 - probably tied to a higher level of Premium

image.thumb.png.c572d269fa11fcd716e67d294b01f22b.png

And notice he didn't say anything about it not being Linden Homes .. which was what my post said in the first place.

 

Okay .. light bulb moment .. I never even considered that he might mean there may be 512 parcels there as well as the larger. I was saying how I needed to juggle my sqm so I'd have enough for a 1024.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

you need glasses,  Blush...

 

She dropped those yellow for sale blocks on the map just to show how much free space is around the lots. Those yellow blocks aren't actually on the map. Check for yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

She dropped those yellow for sale blocks on the map just to show how much free space is around the lots. Those yellow blocks aren't actually on the map. Check for yourself. 

ah OK , but that pic was pretty misleading,...

Edited by Fionalein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

ah OK , but that pic is pretty msileading,...

Not of you read the original post :D.     Edit --- I will go back and make that clear for the folks not following along :D

 

 

MEANWHILE most of us have forgotten what Horizons looked like when new in Nov 2016.  Aside from some of the housing styles that I didn't much care for, it was a pretty spiffy place.  But we certainly don't NEED more double prim mainland that just get bought up by the land barons.  So I am hoping VERY MUCH that The Lab realizes that.   

We DO know that the new Linden Home have been worked on for many many months. If these are NOT them, then they must be on a separate grid as you can't build something that vast immediately.  

IF their would have been MORE RULES, I think Horizons would still look good. 

image.thumb.png.7295fefb3d60a7343bbe4a04072d3586.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
more info
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch also implied that there will be plots larger than 1024 - probably tied to a higher level of Premium

image.thumb.png.c572d269fa11fcd716e67d294b01f22b.png

Yes - so THEORY (and wishlist, maybe) LOL:

I have two premium accounts I pay annually - so $144 U.S. a year (separated by 6 months to make it easier) - so I can have 2048 Rent-free-Do-Any-Damned-Thing-I-Please land (and got lucky: great location, mostly clean sky, etc.). Now let's say there is a newer premium tier that is $125 that gives me that 2048... Call me converted, I'd jump on that - and that would actually be a bit higher than I would anticipate - I would guess (in a logical sense) a $25 separation between tier levels (just hypothesizing here) - so it could be even less.

As for the argument that there could be a lower tier, say $50 U.S. a year - there you go: recycle the existing 512 M2 Linden Homes right there (plus whatever other perks they throw in).

Surely these are all pure guesses and a little deductive reasoning with some hope sprinkled in for good measure, but it's plausible. This is why I am so looking forward to whatever it is they come up with. Because the fact is there are a lot of us who have seriously invested in our SL and I'm one of them. I feel the current Premium subscription is fair for what I'm getting. If I feel the price is still fair and get more, then I'm all in. Provided that dangling candy looks tasty enough. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes - so THEORY (and wishlist, maybe) LOL:

I have two premium accounts I pay annually - so $144 U.S. a year (separated by 6 months to make it easier) - so I can have 2048 Rent-free-Do-Any-Damned-Thing-I-Please land (and got lucky: great location, mostly clean sky, etc.). Now let's say there is a newer premium tier that is $125 that gives me that 2048... Call me converted, I'd jump on that - and that would actually be a bit higher than I would anticipate - I would guess (in a logical sense) a $25 separation between tier levels (just hypothesizing here) - so it could be even less.

As for the argument that there could be a lower tier, say $50 U.S. a year - there you go: recycle the existing 512 M2 Linden Homes right there (plus whatever other perks they throw in).

Surely these are all pure guesses and a little deductive reasoning with some hope sprinkled in for good measure, but it's plausible. This is why I am so looking forward to whatever it is they come up with. Because the fact is there are a lot of us who have seriously invested in our SL and I'm one of them. I feel the current Premium subscription is fair for what I'm getting. If I feel the price is still fair and get more, then I'm all in. Provided that dangling candy looks tasty enough. LOL

so you'll have a basic premium membership, and then you can pay a slightly higher level of membership to get more free land, and various higher  membership levels to get even more free land?

Isn't that what we have now?

oh my bad, its land tier, not membership levels.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The further adventures of an SSP voyeur - developments:

1441251777_ssp3_13.thumb.jpg.f358c8a1bbd78b9cf50e27812d3665a2.jpg

-boats are back

- new testing region added .. with 3 green dots (9 in total)

I keep watching the blog posts hopping for an announcement. Even just a scheduled town hall meeting would be enough of a fix to keep me from going all jittery. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The further adventures of an SSP voyeur - developments:

1441251777_ssp3_13.thumb.jpg.f358c8a1bbd78b9cf50e27812d3665a2.jpg

-boats are back

- new testing region added .. with 3 green dots (9 in total)

I keep watching the blog posts hopping for an announcement. Even just a scheduled town hall meeting would be enough of a fix to keep me from going all jittery. lol

Good job little sleuth!  Maybe the first boats were "placeholders" and these are the REAL boats.

If you look at the dates when the first Linden Homes and Horizon plots were opened to the public (not rentable or buyable yet) -- then we "could expect" an announcement  in the upcoming week. But that is ALLLLL wishful thinking most likely LOL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Good job little sleuth!  Maybe the first boats were "placeholders" and these are the REAL boats.

My guess is that the boats use rezzers and that they had just derezzed them. I have gotten the impression from hints given by Patch that SSP will use something similar to what the parcels in Horizons use, which is a rezzer in the mailbox that lets you rez different houses at your whim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

My guess is that the boats use rezzers and that they had just derezzed them. I have gotten the impression from hints given by Patch that SSP will use something similar to what the parcels in Horizons use, which is a rezzer in the mailbox that lets you rez different houses at your whim.

Yes, I had seen you mention that. It is just that many full sim builders (me included) use "placeholder buildings" to get the feel of things.   Either way, glad they are back. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, I had seen you mention that. It is just that many full sim builders (me included) use "placeholder buildings" to get the feel of things.  

Yeah, I do that too in the very early stages. Of course, I've only ever had one full sim and that was only for a year. But I use that technique even with smaller parcels. It's especially handy for landscaping. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Good job little sleuth!  Maybe the first boats were "placeholders" and these are the REAL boats.

If you look at the dates when the first Linden Homes and Horizon plots were opened to the public (not rentable or buyable yet) -- then we "could expect" an announcement  in the upcoming week. But that is ALLLLL wishful thinking most likely LOL.  

Maybe it's going to be a surprise for the Second Life 16th birthday taking place in mid June. It would be nice to hear something more official about SSP this month though. 

Have any links for the first Linden homes and Horizon plots  ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

Good Morning Linden Homes!

Good morning Linden Homes!   Come see them now at the Home and Garden Expo on a special preview!

 

@Chic Aeon Well, it's official! I'm so friggin excited! Can't wait to move my stuff into one of these beauties.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When someone finds the Linden Homes (happy to have that official) can they post a link please.   Sims aren't that full but 6fps for me so not able to find them. TPing directly will probably be better. 
 

THANKS!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooof.

Even if I disable rendering of all avatars except myself, my fps never goes above 30, hangs in low 20s most of the time.

3.8Ghz i7-2600 + Nvidia 780

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Ooof.

Even if I disable rendering of all avatars except myself, my fps never goes above 30, hangs in low 20s most of the time.

3.8Ghz i7-2600 + Nvidia 780

I was down to 3.7 but got up to 17 finally. I have some computer issues that seem unsolvable at the moment.  The whole Expo isn't working for me. THAT however isn't a new problem. I pretty much would leave and not come back after opening :D.  But not there this year. 

HOUSEBOATS had better FPS for me. Much. No "flora".  :D.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (3298.09 MHz)
Memory: 16286 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17763.379)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let there be HOUSEBOATS!

Full post with more photos on my blog. If in doubt type in "Chic at Phil's Place". Google knows me well LOL.

305443519_newlindenhomes-houseboats.thumb.jpg.24a9c4c50e50f0ed9a3b919ec4e9e0be.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmation from Patch today while standing around in the preview area. "It's going to bridge two of the large mainland continents together too."

And something very interesting from the new covenant. You can see this yourself if you go to the preview and open the land menu. What's new is that skyboxes above a certain height are allowed and there's no prohibition on using for commercial purposes either. Two very interesting developments worth noting.

 

Update: The commercial exclusion is there now. Either it's been added or somehow I missed it earlier in the day. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...