SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Most of the BOATS have been taken up!   Only a few here and there.   Something is afoot. 

That looks so empty now. I'm wondering if they've derezzed them. I seem to remember Patch mentioning something about being able to pick between a set number of styles for a given area similar to how the mailboxes in Horizons work. It will be interesting to see how this all works. But dang, it's taken a long time! I know I need patience, and I want it right now!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Although the parcel density looks a lot higher than on horizons, so maybe they wont be double prim ?

Yeah, I never thought it would be double prim. I like that you won't have to switch parcels to change house style like you do now with Linden Homes.

15 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I really like the double prim on a 1024 .. even with the horizons buy in, with annual membership it's probably the best value land in all of SL in terms of prims per $ .. SSP could end up being a really fun place to have a home with some actual neighbors, but .. but .. mah primbs!

I adore double prim land. I've owned double prim land in Barcola for years and years. I really hate spending tier on anything other than double prim; however, if SSP is indeed Linden homes and not just another themed area like Horizons, I doubt they would have double prim. All that said, it won't deter me from claiming my own little Linden Home in SSP if it's as promising as it seems. I do enjoy my little 512 Linden home now but am anxious to trade up to a 1024. I've even been juggling some of my double prim land in preparation for selling off 512 of it so I have the free sqm once it opens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I adore double prim land. I've owned double prim land in Barcola for years and years. I really hate spending tier on anything other than double prim; however, if SSP is indeed Linden homes and not just another themed area like Horizons, I doubt they would have double prim. All that said, it won't deter me from claiming my own little Linden Home in SSP if it's as promising as it seems. I do enjoy my little 512 Linden home now but am anxious to trade up to a 1024. I've even been juggling some of my double prim land in preparation for selling off 512 of it so I have the free sqm once it opens.

I have had double prim land a time or two back in the old days, now with friends or alts you can have land pretty much free so I would go for the SPACE since I really like empty areas .   At 1.25 per month per 1024 it is really difficult to beat that. So maybe make an alt and get over and get one of those great free altamura full avatars before the 27th *wink*.   I have been helping some guy friends get upgraded. And I think I am finally done (whew) except for some explanation of the very complex huds (which I don't really know all that well yet).  

OR you could wait and make an alt when the new homes (and I am guessing new tier structure) comes in with HOPEFULLY last names.  So many choices. 

Lots of folks are certainly watching. If we are all wrong it will certainly be a let-down. 

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have had double prim land a time or two back in the old days, now with friends or alts you can have land pretty much free so I would go for the SPACE since I really like empty areas .   At 1.25 per month per 1024 it is really difficult to beat that. So maybe make an alt and get over and get one of those great free altamura full avatars before the 27th *wink*.   I have been helping some guy friends get upgraded. And I think I am finally done (whew) except for some explanation of the very complex huds (which I don't really know all that well yet).  

OR you could wait and make an alt when the new homes (and I am guessing new tier structure) comes in with HOPEFULLY last names.  So many choices. 

Lots of folks are certainly watching. If we are all wrong it will certainly be a let-down. 

I have two premiums now, and I won't tell you how many alts I already have that have full mesh bodies and heads! :P I just really do not want more than two premium accounts. I'm not selling any of Barcola until I can explore SSP and check out the new homes myself. We'll see. At this point I'm just doing some maintenance type stuff for my shop. Like building a new commercial building and doing improved photography for my vendors. 

I'm keeping busy at least even if my poor thumbs (arthritis) are rebelling. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice.

With all those boat slips, please provide for a few SL Coast Guard stations. They're going to be needed. Channel markers and other maritime traffic control devices will be needed, too. Lots of tight spots in there.

• Like 1

Reminds me of Walt Disney's problem. He wanted the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow as a living space.

contemporary-resort-00-full.jpg?15495383

The Contemporary Hotel, at Disney World. The closest you can get to living in Walt Disney's future.

But that wasn't what people wanted. What actually got built was Celebration.

GettyImages-758944-59475fbd5f9b58d58ae7b

Celebration, FL street. That's what people wanted, wooden houses with peaked roofs, in an area without snow.

SSP is Second Life's version of Celebration. It will probably be a success.

Philip Rosedale, the original designer of SL, once commented that he was disappointed that so many SL users merely re-created surburbia.

8 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I was wondering if I should, in preparation, shut down my existing Linden Home (512 metres squared), for these new 1024 metres squared plots of land. Is there a timeline for this?

"soon"   :) .. as all other things that were announced

19 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I was wondering if I should, in preparation, shut down my existing Linden Home (512 metres squared), for these new 1024 metres squared plots of land. Is there a timeline for this?

No need. You can drop your Linden home in about 15 seconds .. and have all your stuff returned to lost & found, all in one place to either sort or place at a new location ^^

• Like 1