SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I'm not sure when this is going to open to the public, but I'm guessing it is at the halfway point ... there is just so much unlandscaped green space on the SSP continent. It makes me think that there are going to be more styles of homes besides the suburban neighborhood that we've seen in pictures and the watercraft docks; maybe some urban brownstones and stores based on the SSP186 orange/green layout area and/or castle villas for the mountain ranges are coming?

50 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The area is looking great - so much better than the original Linden Homes.  I'm even considering giving up some of my mainland and getting a Linden Home - or maybe even paying a tiny bit of tier fees each month.

Agreed the area looks great.  Has anyone OFFICIAL actually confirmed these are the new Linden Homes though?

But my actual comment is that the 512 Linden homes were made for-e-ver ago -- and at the time, they were pretty impressive. Not state of the art, and these new ones aren't either. In part, that is because both were made to be "low lag". :D

Here is my post on the original homes. If I remember correctly, they were unveiled a bit before folks could move in. 

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2009/12/androgyne.html     ALMOST TEN YEARS.   

[bluebloodout.jpg]

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Has anyone OFFICIAL actually confirmed these are the new Linden Homes though?

They've all but said it officially. Ebbe at the town hall before last eluded to it and Patch did also at the last town hall. But no, not officially yet. I tell you though if they aren't I will be so totally shocked that you might have to come find me in the hospital from having had a heart attack!  Too dramatic? B|

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

They've all but said it officially. Ebbe at the town hall before last eluded to it and Patch did also at the last town hall. But no, not officially yet. I tell you though if they aren't I will be so totally shocked that you might have to come find me in the hospital from having had a heart attack!  Too dramatic? B|

Drama llama!! I hope they are double prim.

9FBE647C-B18B-4B51-A32A-B96957A16BA4.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Drama llama!! I hope they are double prim.

9FBE647C-B18B-4B51-A32A-B96957A16BA4.jpeg

If they are Linden Homes, I very much doubt they will be double prim. But I did spy a region or two that nearly 50% of the region is under water, so those could easily work out as double prim. Time will tell! Take a look at SSP 6, 7, 11 and 12.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Yes, was that OFFICIALLY that I was going for.  :D

2 minutes ago, Shudo said:

A bit after Last Names?

ehmm...the one soon, the other also soon but different soon
and i wouldnt be surprised it takes a bit more time, but it will be rolled out when time is there
around same time as steps in premium are added

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

around same time as steps in premium are added

Deductive reasoning tells me that "tiered premium" will be announced when this is ready and this very project is for that purpose: they won't release details on tiered premium until this is finished and they won't release details on this SSP until tiered premium is ready; they are part of the same overall feature. For our ESL friends: deductive reasoning simply means "I'm totally guessing here". LOL

Either way, they usually make an official announcement about features, what... a month or so ahead of availability? Or, at least, not until they have a definite date on it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I still don't believe it will be an incentive for tiered premium - let's face it: The "premium homes" look worse than many freebies we can collect.... they NEED to be updated to stay attractive.

If SSP in reality looks as good as the teaser pics Patch has been sharing, then it will more than likely be enough incentive for me to upgrade my premium to a new tier. For me it's not so much about the house. I create and sell houses after all, but the real selling point is the neighborhood, the access to water and having clear skies not littered by sky garbage. It's the whole ambiance of the area not just the sticks and bones of a house. The one thing that could kill it for me is the amount of prims available per parcel. I love my prims!

So far I have been very pleased with all the premium perks. I can't wait to see what the new premium plans offer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I still don't believe it will be an incentive for tiered premium - let's face it: The "premium homes" look worse than many freebies we can collect.... they NEED to be updated to stay attractive.

I agree. But this SSP thing (if actually tied to the premium tier bit) would only be one small facet of whatever other features, benefits, and perks would come with each tier, right?

Also - someone hypothesized that various regions of this continent appeared to be (or simply could be) designed for different levels of that new tiered premium scheme.

I, for one, have been on premium with at least one of my alts almost constantly since first signing up. Now I have two premiums (Yours truly and my main alt) and I'm actually anxious (excited is too strong a word) to see what new perks they come up with. I know I'll at least stay at this current "standard" level, myself. I imagine they will come up with one"lower level" and one "higher" level and that's the one I'm most curious about in terms of what new features or perks can Linden Lab come up with.

The additional perks cannot be too useful. From a marketing POV they more or less must be confined to special add on cases. If Premium is not Premium anymore but just "kinda basic plus" they risk loosing customers... Such an introduction would be a big gamble. Ebbe gambled with Sansar and lost - if he has to gamble with SL Premium now Sansar hit the Lab far worse than we feared...

Edited by Fionalein

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

The additional perks cannot be too useful. From a marketing POV they more or less must be confined to special add on cases. If Premium is not Premium anymore but just "kinda basic plus" they risk loosing customers... Such an introduction would be a big gamble. Ebbe gambled with Sansar and lost - if he has to gamble with SL Premium now Sansar hit the Lab far worse than we feared...

Just to speculate, look at this region-

speculation.png.ea5aa7d4f90d7ce51f49a23d1921c6b8.png

here is a perfect example of a region where double prim would be easy to offer. Would I be willing to pay a little more for a higher level premium where I could get a beachfront, double prim land with access to sailable water? Why yes, yes I would.

added: more regions where this is easily accomplished .. but with sunset views

5736354_withsunset.png.0a4b909aa3c5762a0b2ad2ac68a3955f.png

Edited by Blush Bravin
added sunset views
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just to speculate, look at this region-

speculation.png.ea5aa7d4f90d7ce51f49a23d1921c6b8.png

here is a perfect example of a region where double prim would be easy to offer. Would I be willing to pay a little more for a higher level premium where I could get a beachfront, double prim land with access to sailable water? Why yes, yes I would.

Actually some sims could be much more than double prim lots. Most of the areas have LOTS of buffer AROUND the 1024 plot area. I have lived in a few double prim areas that managed to use roads and paths as the "low prim" part of the double prim equasion. Water isn't really needed. Your photo above could easily be tripple prim lots with water view and minimal neighbors --- in other words very protected and desirable and certainly worth extra.

It depends a bit on the land impact of the houses. I lived in a cute little two story Victorian for awhile that was very well made and was only 7 land impact.  So factoring in THAT type of buildings and low prim flora the more crowded areas could easily be 1.5 land impact lots. 

I do agree that it isn't the houses that are AS important as the clean and consistent neighborhoods -- something difficult to find on mainland :D.  

If you look at my graphic below you can see the big amounts of buffer on even the all land sims. 

EDIT:  1024 lots are placed from OTHER mainland on top of this graphic to show the SIZE of a 1024 -- not meant to suggest any sort of SALE. 

1182060371_ssplots.jpg.3c3446d7ee45ef99d67992654cbdef81.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Actually some sims could be much more than double prim lots. Most of the areas have LOTS of buffer AROUND the 1024 plot area. I have lived in a few double prim areas that managed to use roads and paths as the "low prim" part of the double prim equasion. Water isn't really needed. Your photo above could easily be tripple prim lots with water view and minimal neighbors --- in other words very protected and desirable and certainly worth extra.

It depends a bit on the land impact of the houses. I lived in a cute little two story Victorian for awhile that was very well made and was only 7 land impact.  So factoring in THAT type of buildings and low prim flora the more crowded areas could easily be 1.5 land impact lots. 

I do agree that it isn't the houses that are AS important as the clean and consistent neighborhoods -- something difficult to find on mainland :D.  

If you look at my graphic below you can see the big amounts of buffer on even the all land sims. 

1182060371_ssplots.jpg.3c3446d7ee45ef99d67992654cbdef81.jpg

Oh I agree. I just was being conservative because of that rather negative response. Here in my home region you can see they used water and roads to make double prim possible. 

barcola.png.8088ef870009867c0563c51be5c8df82.png

For sale? So this is the non adult variant of Horizons? It would be interesting if they managed to keep it open for end users... otherwise expect land barons to turn the land barren...

Edited by Fionalein

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

For sale? so this is the non adult variant of horizons? it would be interesting if they managed to keep it open for end users... otherwise expect land barons to turn the land barren...

Linden Homes .. not like horizons. Where did you see any of us suggest it would be for sale? To be fair none of us know for sure if it will be Linden Homes or not. But my speculations are all based on it being the new Linden Homes.

Edited by Blush Bravin