SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

Confirmation from Patch today while standing around in the preview area. "It's going to bridge two of the large mainland continents together too."

And something very interesting from the new covenant. You can see this yourself if you go to the preview and open the land menu. What's new is that skyboxes above a certain height are allowed and there's no prohibition on using for commercial purposes either. Two very interesting developments worth noting.

cool

42 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I was down to 3.7 but got up to 17 finally. I have some computer issues that seem unsolvable at the moment.  The whole Expo isn't working for me. THAT however isn't a new problem. I pretty much would leave and not come back after opening :D.  But not there this year. 

HOUSEBOATS had better FPS for me. Much. No "flora".  :D.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (3298.09 MHz)
Memory: 16286 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17763.379)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2

Here's my system:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3500 MHz)
Memory: 16212 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134.648)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2

And I run with full shadows on high graphics and was getting low to mid 20s in the same area. I wonder what's going on with your setup. Maybe it's connection?

45 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

And I run with full shadows on high graphics and was getting low to mid 20s in the same area. I wonder what's going on with your setup. Maybe it's connection?

LOOONG post in the technical area. Tried everything I could think of. Happened to a few of us all at the same time (almost two weeks ago now). My best guess is that it is a Win10 (I have pro) update conflict with something on my system. There was an update right before everything DIED big time. It is basically like I have NO cache at all and the textures reload even when just coming out of minimized. Not sim specific but Expo is ALWAYS LAGGY for most folks -- even when not crowded.  

Other than uninstalling those updates (which I really don't want to do) I have pretty much exhausted all other ideas. Syn had the same issue but left that thread. Good news is that it isn't my SIM, it is running fine for systems much slower than mine. Typically though I would get up to 200 fps on my building pad, now 70.    Whenever I go anywhere (ANYWHERE) I have to download the textures again. A very new issue.   

Hoping that the conflict "fixes" itself eventually. That has happened in the past. Meanwhile I am just living with it. 

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

:ph34r: uh oh, but it isn't that Phil, is it? And this is how rumours are started...

Yes, named during a time long ago when citizens were forbidden (under threat of legal action) to use anything at all connected with Second Life on their blog or website titles. Many blogs renamed or closed (iheartsl stayed firm and as far as I know had not legal repercussions). Some clever gal (don't remember who) started calling Second Life "Phil's Place" to circumvent the edict. All very stupid lawyer stuff that eventually went away. But it was VERY messy for awhile. So the blog I was on closed and I started my own and named it with her clever title :D.

That's the story there. A bit of SL history. 

• Like 1

Here is the official land info from the land tab for those interested.  

My framerate is now up to 28 so that's a huge improvement over earlier.  

Introduction:

Welcome to Linden Homes for Premium account holders. Linden Homes is a residential community, located on the Bellisseria continent, owned and managed by Linden Lab. 

The purpose of Linden Homes is to provide an opportunity for Premium account Residents of the Second Life virtual world to quickly own a home and belong to a community. Linden Homes is available to Premium account holders with 1024m2 of available tier. Premium accounts are provided 1024m2 available tier at no cost.

As a Premium Account holder, you're eligible for live chat and ticket support from our Support Portal. If you need support for your Linden Home:

1. Go to http://secondlife.com/support and submit a ticket.
    2. Select the "Land and Regions Issues" ticket type.
    3. Under the resulting "Region Request" dropdown, select "Linden Home".

Linden Homes is governed by this Covenant, Linden Home Terms and Conditions, Terms of Service (TOS), and Community Standards (CS): http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php

== Linden Home Restrictions ==

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden Home Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

- Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided. Land can only be set to group.

- Land cannot contain temp-rezzers, or individual prims beyond the allocated size of the Second Life Viewer build tools. (64,64,64).

- Skyboxes are only allowed above 2000m.

- Your Linden Home may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred. 

- Residents must use one of the houses provided. Modification of the house itself beyond what is built into the controls is not possible. Additional buildings or structures are allowed as long as they are in theme and meet the height restrictions.

- Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.

- Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme to their unique areas.

- Linden Homes can not be used as sandboxes.

- Linden Homes do not include traffic tracking.

- Linden Homes can not be shown in search.

- Ownership is limited to one Linden Home per Premium Account.

- Changes cannot be made to roads, paths, plants, trees, rocks and other landscaping. Trees or other objects that overhang into parcels are meant to do so. They cannot be moved or removed.

- Objects that extend outside of your parcel can be returned without warning or notice. 

- Residents may decorate the interior of their house to their liking. The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors.

- Linden Home regions are Moderate rated regions. Please see the http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ regarding adult content and behavior.

- Using prims or objects on parcels meant as advertisements on the world map is not allowed.

- Lights or particles on your parcel should not extend into your neighbors parcels or houses.

- “Off region” decorations extending from your parcel are not allowed.

- Public space outside your parcel lines is just that… public space. Do not extend objects outside of your parcel in a way that will block, wall off, or “claim” public areas for yourself to the exclusion of other residents.

== Linden Home Benefits ==

- Use your Premium account's 1024m2 included land tier allocation towards your Linden Home.
- Ready-to-move-in themed home on a 512m2 or 1024m2 parcel.
- Select your own Linden Home theme.
- Decorate your home with furnishings.
- Invite your friends to your home.
- Meet your neighbors and make friends.
- 1024m2 parcel Linden Homes are allocated 351 Land Impact.
- Set Home to here at your Linden Home location. (World menu > Set Home to Here.)
- Set land to group.

== Linden Home Etiquette ==

Living in a community includes courtesy towards your neighbors. Here are some guidelines for etiquette in Linden Home regions:

Use local chat say, rather than shout.
Adhere to the Maturity Rating for the Linden Home region you're located in. 
Respect your neighbors' privacy.
Review general Second Life etiquette suggestions and incorporate them into your Linden Home experience: http://bit.ly/sletiquette

== Help ==

The Second Life Knowledge Base (KB) includes many helpful articles for beginning landowners and Residents new to the Second Life virtual world. Check it out:

» http://secondlife.com/kb

We hope you enjoy your new Linden Home!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, named during a time long ago when citizens were forbidden (under threat of legal action) to use anything at all connected with Second Life on their blog or website titles.

Oh that other Phil, ...

and silly me thought Mr. Deakins...

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Confirmation from Patch today while standing around in the preview area. "It's going to bridge two of the large mainland continents together too."

If you look at the map between Sansara and Jeogeot you'll see the "ghost" graphics of the server sandboxes and Korea Infohub regions - just those map tiles without labels. If you teleport to those regions you'll find you end up in a completely different location on the map, far away. And the space between Sansara and Jeogeot is just about the same size as the SSP continent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If you look at the map between Sansara and Jeogeot you'll see the "ghost" graphics of the server sandboxes and Korea Infohub regions - just those map tiles without labels. If you teleport to those regions you'll find you end up in a completely different location on the map, far away. And the space between Sansara and Jeogeot is just about the same size as the SSP continent.

I see what you mean. I can't even tp to them. If that is indeed the case you know a lot of region owners who are connected to Blake Sea just breathed a sigh of relief.

Also from the same chat Blush saw in part, Patch mentioned there will be approximately 4000 regions, here is my question regarding so many regions and his response.  Chat was in local so I hope it's TOS safe.

Sandy Schnook: The amount of possible regions you mentioned earlier sounds a bit ambitious.  Are there plans in the works to possibly promote premium more or even upstep the effort to attract new users?

Patch Linden: There's presently about 1200 Linden homes regions, in a very dense set-up, so 4000 isn't too ambitious considering the space used

I was getting roughly 35-45 fps in the regular house area and around 75 in the houseboat area.

I'm loving the houseboats, though not wild about the closeness of them.  I do like them enough though that I just might have to either downsize my mainland holdings or accept a monthly tier fee in order to own one of the houseboat parcels.

So I'm here at the preview again and rereading the covenant. I think either I missed it or it's been added. When I asked Patch he seemed to confirm (what he did was smile and not say one way or the other -- maybe I assumed) that the exclusion for commercial was not in this covenant..

but it is now. 

- Linden Homes are Residential and Show in Search is blocked at the region level. Commercial businesses are not allowed.

So perhaps that had been overlooked and has been added now. I'm not too surprised really. Considering that it was stated that parcels would not show up in search, it didn't make much sense to use one for commercial use. 

Anywayyyyyyyy ... updating what I had said previously. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
fixed some things
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was getting roughly 35-45 fps in the regular house area and around 75 in the houseboat area.

I'm loving the houseboats, though not wild about the closeness of them.  I do like them enough though that I just might have to either downsize my mainland holdings or accept a monthly tier fee in order to own one of the houseboat parcels.

I put up a parcel for sale today and have begun packing boxes! :P 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Haha 3

One thing I've noticed about the houseboats and houses is the door handles. 

The house door handles fit me pretty well -

1444202878_doorhouse_001.thumb.png.8baa508c7eb15f361c199f53d98bdd46.png

but the houseboat door knob is rather high on my avatar - 

door_001.thumb.png.3e1f4ad6d9510ab9df4795ac63f98823.png

My avatar is 1.94 meters tall, so I'm not really short but I'm not tall by any means. Regardless I'm probably going to end up in a houseboat first because I love all the big windows and the water. 

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Keep in mind that's 20 fps with a few avatars and empty houses. No one has furnished anything and when in your home, you viewer will load almost everything from all the homes around you and keep them loaded. You will be lucky to get 20 with shadows disabled ... have doubts? ask @Kitty Barnett if you can stand next to her house for a few mins :P

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Keep in mind that's 20 fps with a few avatars and empty houses. No one has furnished anything and when in your home, you viewer will load almost everything from all the homes around you and keep them loaded. You will be lucky to get 20 with shadows disabled ... have doubts? ask @Kitty Barnett if you can stand next to her house for a few mins :P

Oh I know. I was talking specifically in this situation where we were in the same area at the same time (I sent her the landmark to tp where I was looking at the houses) with very different experience though our machines are pretty similar .. but it's likely she's having that issue with antivirus that has reared it's ugly head in the past couple or so weeks.

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Oh I know. I was talking specifically in this situation where we were in the same area at the same time (I sent her the landmark to tp where I was looking at the houses) with very different experience though our machines are pretty similar .. but it's likely she's having that issue with antivirus that has reared it's ugly head in the past couple or so weeks.

EDIT UPDATING:  I just turned off my antivirus temporarily and it is INDEED that. So Whirley was correct about the cause, just not how to fix.  So I will research that.

Sometimes the forums can be pretty toxic (I have muted the most toxic folks so for ME it is much more pleasant now :D) but sometimes it is REALLY the best way to get the information you need. 

So thanks.

@Syn Anatine  I am thinking you had this same issue start at the same time I did -- hence the poke.

FOR SURE the houseboat area ran much smoother for me than the the houses with all the bushes and trees (not unexpected).  So folks really should test that before settling on a spot. 

But yes, absolutely ME,  and as I said it was better later. They may also have restarted the sim. Who knows. 

If I get super frustrated I could try a different virus protection. Do we know which ones AREN'T an issue?

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

If I get super frustrated I could try a different virus protection. Do we know which ones AREN'T an issue?

I use Bitdefender and have white-listed the Program Files viewer install folders and the viewer folders in APPDATA (both in local and roaming).

I have a few random slowdowns on locations rezzing, but not happening enough to call it any sort of consistent issue.

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

One thing I've noticed about the houseboats and houses is the door handles. 

The house door handles fit me pretty well -

cRH4ZHl.png

Not so much :/ and I have ears and am wearing heels !!

eqsE6Yl.png

maybe if I jump and hang off it ?

My avie is 1.7M tall inc shoes, almost 2M to the tip of my ears. (measured by a prim. not the appearance floater)

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I use Bitdefender and have white-listed the Program Files viewer install folders and the viewer folders in APPDATA (both in local and roaming).

I have a few random slowdowns on locations rezzing, but not happening enough to call it any sort of consistent issue.

Been testing all this while (boooooring) and it is indeed Avast. White listing both folders in AppData doesn't help. Framerate doubles more or less with Avast off.   I can try Windows Defender and see if that solves the problem over Avast. OR I can just turn on virus before I go to the web.   I DID have the same issue with the Linden Viewer so not really a Firestorm directory thing for me.  Thanks all. Need to calm my head down now.

HOPE YOU ALL GET GREAT NEW HOUSES AND HOUSEBOATS SOOOOOON.   

Lots of folks looking at the houses this evening. My framerates were still well below Blush's. A mystery. 

PS as this is of course off topic -- uninstalled Avast and using Windows Defender. BETTER but still not like it used to be. But better is better. The exclusion of folders didn't seem to matter for me in ANY  test but they are in there anyway. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2

It's a very well executed project. The houses look good, even at low level of detail. The interior details look good. The parquet flooring is nice.The landscaping is effective at dividing the parcels. The houses all lack both kitchens and bathrooms, or suitably sized rooms for them.

It's unimaginative. It's an idealized suburbia, like Celebration, FL. Did market research indicate that's what customers wanted?

Will these be standard Premium homes or a new higher level of cost?

When will they be available? By auction? Random free landing?

How much effort will LL put into enforcing the look and feel-- those stupid empty skyscrapers really wrecked Horizon.  Will a Linden roll the streets in a golf cart and return out of theme stuff? REALLY?

4 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

How much effort will LL put into enforcing the look and feel-- those stupid empty skyscrapers really wrecked Horizon.  Will a Linden roll the streets in a golf cart and return out of theme stuff? REALLY?

the question should be:

are people who going to live there adult enough to keep the community as nice as it is ... i think i know the answer.....