SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

That's the new Cornfield for people who put out zero second orbs in Belli that teleport you home.

Yes please! 
And can we have an orb there too that sends them to the cornfield (where they would already be) every 15 seconds? Just to rub in how annoying their orbs are!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Incredibly rapid development of the chalet coastline continues, with 6 new regions added this afternoon.  They do not yet show on the map.  No parcels are there yet, but they are laid out with long reefs and small islands, certainly suitable for more houseboats!  Below is the current view looking from SSPE2227 northward.

918320922_newregions.thumb.JPG.19caadbca0a6488e6ef4912bd14b00bb.JPG

1500112676_SSPE2227north_001.jpg.2e34b134ba12552d4c1d535c98c0cc57.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Building is really moving along in the new houseboat area by the chalets, lots of moles here today.  I think it's going to look really lovely when it's finished. There are a lot of square plots too. I think the houseboats blend in nicely with the chalet coastline.

SSPE2223jpg.jpg.32b5b0bbaff6cce888a96f97da6f2714.jpg

SSPE2226_002.png

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
Added pic
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Tilt your head to the left.

Me, I see a grinning mole, throwing his arms up. 

"Oy vey!  You keep saying you want houseboats, mazeltov, HOUSEBOATS!"

winged2.JPG.f4db2544ac4ff5689e3a2f642ebffe7a.JPG

Or maybe it's Moonstruck, smiling as she waves her wings all up and down the chalet coast!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

Oct 4, 2021  (it's rather annoying that this forum sw doesn't date posts anymore).

2 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

There's more coastline being added - I wonder if the next theme will be positioned to the east of the chalet's...?

Seems likely, doesn't it?  They are moving quickly!  I see 5 new regions today.  Can't say what their names are yet, since they are not on the map and I can't fly into them.  Presumably the numbering scheme will just be carried on. There are several moles coming and going, but Abnor is particularly amusing on his flying turkey.  I don't suppose that should be interpreted as a hint that this new coastline will actually be released around Thanksgiving?  No?  no.

As of this writing, the two regions east of Citadel Lake are not terraformed, just flat land.

newland.JPG.20723d9869b2b9a6c4fe3e04ecadc895.JPG

1874536668_abnorturkey_001.thumb.jpg.94bb9bf6d875d1b145b1bf18ee64538f.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

There are several moles coming and going, but Abnor is particularly amusing on his flying turkey.  I don't suppose that should be interpreted as a hint that this new coastline will actually be released around Thanksgiving?  No?  no.

If not a preview at Thanksgiving then maybe at the SL Christmas Expo which starts 3rd December (American Cancer Society). There have been reveals at Expo's before, so fingers crossed:)

• Like 7

• Moles

For any who are interested, the winding canal that runs through Poplar Springs, Mogul, Kettel Pond and Citadel Lake can now be used as a shortcut connector for SMALL boats (pleasure craft with a low clearance, shallow draft and narrow beam) from the new regions we have been working on to the river that runs through the Chalets. Just stay out of the way of any Moles working along the coast, please.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

OK OK OK!!   Looky here.  What do you see? Those long straight roads right on the water ...

raceway.JPG.a162a01ef890baf0e30e621797663604.JPG

A RACEWAY! 

Blares in her best AM radio voice:  Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!  Funny cars!  Be There!

(Oh sorry, got carried away.  Those of you who have never heard those ads, many apologies.)

Can't you see it?  @Abnor Mole, I really hope there will be a double rez zone in the PERFECT starting area in the red ellipse above!  Of course we would be racing against the clock, or maybe in 2-car heats.  But what a fun activity!  People in bikinis!  Checkered flags!  An announcer on the race group!  WOOT!

If you wanted a "road rally" style course, this one would be fun.  The red X is where the start/finish line would be, as above.

892762733_racewaymap.JPG.ea668d28fa5f900ee355d0b4c0f1469f.JPG

I've found the roads in Bellevaria (the chalet regions) very smooth and easy to drive.  Of course, the route above has right-angle turns, a bridge, a big hill and even a ticklish run around a little park, but hey, what's a rally without a little excitement?

As for disruption, it's not like it would take all day.  Heats could be started while the previous one is still on the course, if people get lapped, more fun!  Lots of folks would find it fun to watch and cheer :)  It could turn into a regular thing, like Camden's Boat Parade (only probably less often). Presumably one would choose another few places to hold Belli Raceway Days - there are some other lovely runs along Bellevaria's central river.  And, come to think of it, I know of a great place for a road rally in VictoriBelle.

I could not actually run races, I generally cannot be in for more than 15 minutes at a time during SL's day & early evening.  But I hope somebody latches on to this idea, it would be a blast!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Time to get excited. More new regions have been added below SSPE2234.

* New regions go all the way down the east coast from SSPE2234 to Square Dance region now. 

Look at the mini-map and zoom out. It's not yet on the world map yet. 

New.thumb.PNG.9799d280254be33a22e179e246504df4.PNG

Rough outline below on where these new regions are located. 

512932570_Newregions.thumb.PNG.a34a152637cf15e4e8f419637befa9ab.PNG

New houseboats are coming soon in SSPE2234

Cthulhu_001.thumb.jpg.f8e3744f3a6b66da97a91b60ccc05f84.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Time to get excited. More new regions have been added below SSPE2234.

* New regions go all the way down the east coast from SSPE2234 to Square Dance region now. 

Look at the mini-map and zoom out. It's not yet on the world map yet. 

New.thumb.PNG.9799d280254be33a22e179e246504df4.PNG

Rough outline below on where these new regions are located. 

512932570_Newregions.thumb.PNG.a34a152637cf15e4e8f419637befa9ab.PNG

New houseboats are coming soon in SSPE2234

Cthulhu_001.thumb.jpg.f8e3744f3a6b66da97a91b60ccc05f84.jpg

Underwhelmed by all the boats. I guess all the Chalets people are moving now that their unfinished coasts are not beautiful waterfronts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chalet homes surrounded by..... Houseboats?!  That is going to look awful, weird and very unattractive to existing and prospective chalet home residents.

Are the designers and planners so blind and insensitive not to realise this?  This will harm the appeal and feel of the traditional-looking chalet regions and could force its residents to move out.  They are residents who have chosen not to live in the existing houseboat areas of western Bellisseria.

Bleh. 😕

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

This will harm the appeal and feel of the traditional-looking chalet regions and potentially force its residents to move out.  They are residents who have chosen not to live in the existing houseboat areas of western Bellisseria.

Even if you find the houseboats jarring (I don't, but then, I'm not much into chalets), I think there are two truths that should mitigate the shock.

1.  The houseboats are confined to a fringe on the east coast of the chalets. I don't see any chalets that are actually SURROUNDED by houseboats, so far.  Bellevaria is HUGE and, so far, thinly populated; no one will be forced to be in a chalet + houseboat region anytime soon. If you eventually land a parcel in one, well, I think if you abandon it chances are VERY good that your next claim will be safely inland.

2.  Look carefully at the map.  ONLY the regions built in the last couple of weeks have both chalets and houseboats in the same region.  So no current chalet resident is being FORCED to have a houseboat in their region, although some certainly live within sight of them.  But not as many chalet residents currently live within sight of houseboats as you might think, since MANY, perhaps most,  of the chalet regions that were on the sheer east edge have not yet been released.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Chalet homes surrounded by..... Houseboats?!  That is going to look awful, weird and very unattractive to existing and prospective chalet home residents.

Are the designers and planners so blind and insensitive not to realise this?  This will harm the appeal and feel of the traditional-looking chalet regions and potentially force its residents to move out.  They are residents who have chosen not to live in the existing houseboat areas of western Bellisseria.

Bleh. 😕

I don't  think it's any different to what they've done in the traditional areas and is looking just as nice.  You could argue from a theme point of view trads are closer to houseboats i.e. modern , but I really don't think the style of chalet houses as they are is so far removed that it makes much difference. I think the landscaping is what really makes a lot of difference in the regions in terms of creating the feel of the theme.

Now if houseboats were along the Fantasy coast, that might be more jarring (again, mainly because of the landscapes).  But they wouldn't do that. They've already made it clear the Fantasy region is standalone.

But everyone's taste and what they are looking for is different, so I think some will find this really lovely, others won't. It's nice to have the choice though. 

Screenshot 2021-10-06 063442.jpg

Screenshot 2021-10-06 063758.jpg

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 9