Order of release this afternoon.

1. Solstace

2. Anagonye

3. Acanthis

Two new water regions to show on the map soon

* Glimmer Bay > http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Glimmer Bay/128/134/36

* Dannielles > http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dannielles/132/48/35

Point of interest

Those dark green regions on the Fantasy continent are empty regions at the moment. There are underwater creatures nearby northwards. 

1a.thumb.PNG.f15e2034e8de3d38cba92aee49c078e6.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I've wandered around a bit.  I don't know who came up with the name, but "Fantasseria" is beautiful.  There are many rez zones, and they are smaller than usual.  It's not like you'll be wanting to rez a frigate in these winding rivulets.

I didn't intend to get one today, then it struck me that I'll be busy most of tomorrow RL (and, besides, what with the storm when they opened up (lightning!  huge waves!  Derrick floating on a barrel!  Abnor and Moonstruck (lovely fae!) sailing swiftly through the torrent!) and the excitement of the late release, I got carried away :))  The house in the middle is what came on my very first claim.  Patch requests that we refrain from abandoning homes for the first few hours.

Forgive the daytime shot, I wanted to show the lovely geography a bit.  Between two bridges with a rez zone tucked under the bridge on the left, i think I was lucky, but truly there are MANY lovely parcels on these regions.  Obviously, many with water frontage.  Not tempted to abandon for a time!

Acanthis2_002.thumb.jpg.cfd8b51263533419649a6ff62a71c003.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Because I'm using my other computer today I went through all the regions again to add them to my tracking list, and can confirm that no additional regions have had a change from Protected Land to Linden Homes overnight. One anomaly though, which may mean nothing - Blackstar's parcels are the only ones that have neither designation. So heads up to @Quartz Moleif this is an oversight.

First time on horseback, just getting into the spirit of things. 

fant1.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just had my first visits to these new Fantasy regions.

I was pleased that this new area of SL has a water level at the default 20m height. However, the Fantasy regions bridges are very low and may block taller vessels. At present, there is no perimeter coastline to allow sailing around this new sub-continent. (I don't know if one is or isn't planned)

However, I felt underwhelmed, unimpressed and disappointed by what I saw and felt in these new regions.  The so-called Fantasy regions are an unimaginative collection of samey cookie cutter regions that lack any sense of real fantasy, wonder or magic. They are a collection of regions that all (mostly) contain the same narrow streams, bridges, willow trees, toadstools, crystal formations etc. 

The homes are all angular and boxy houses that all contain a uniformly boxy square modern interior and completely lack a "fantasy" element to their design.  A wider variety of imaginatively designed curved, natural and organic themed homes should have been made but were not.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Just had my first visits to these new Fantasy regions.

I was pleased that this new area of SL has a water level at the default 20m height. However, the Fantasy regions bridges are very low and may block taller vessels. At present, there is no perimeter coastline to allow sailing around this new sub-continent. (I don't know if one is or isn't planned)

However, I felt underwhelmed, unimpressed and disappointed by what I saw and felt in these new regions.  The so-called Fantasy regions are an unimaginative collection of samey cookie cutter regions that lack any sense of real fantasy, wonder or magic. 

They are a collection of regions that all (mostly) contain the same narrow streams, bridges, willow trees, toadstools, crystal formations etc. 

The homes are all angular and boxy houses that all contain a uniformly boxy square modern interior and completely lack a "fantasy" element to their design.  Some more imaginatively designed rounded, curved, natural and organic themed homes should have been made but were not.

a picture paints a thousand words  thankyou moles and lindens for such a beautiful fantasy home 

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

And why Rigamarole?

Perhaps because of this:

1740916926_WhyRigamarole_001.thumb.png.6e7e3498e9de6509a80dd285d846bfd3.png

good question.  I had just assumed it was because of the name and location.. a straight south shot one direction through the "misty sea" .. aka Dannielles ... to Glimmer Bay and the fantasy regions. But you could be right.. could be more to it. Interesting picture.

BTW I an thoroughly enjoying the Misty Sea. I have spent some time just hanging around there. there is a LOT to see. Love the lightening effect, the surprise waves, the sea life, the wreckage... it really is well done.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Interesting picture.

It's Quartz Mole's camper, behind the waterfall.

And I'm wearing a mole-made mage's outfit I got from exploring in the Old LH area -- see the "WTH Is..." thread.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1