SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Hopefully the lab will release the Stilt homes next week (14th - 20th December 2020). I will be surprised if the release takes place during the christmas week (21st - 27th) or the last week of 2020 (28th Dec - 3rd Jan).

The Moles have built a lot of new homes on the log homes continent during the past few months so they will be released soon. It's been great seeing the development and expansion during 2020. 

Can't wait to see what happens in 2021.

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Hopefully the lab will release the Stilt homes next week (14th - 20th December 2020). I will be surprised if the release takes place during the christmas week (21st - 27th) or the last week of 2020 (28th Dec - 3rd Jan).

The Moles have built a lot of new homes on the log homes continent during the past few months so they will be released soon. It's been great seeing the development and expansion during 2020. 

Can't wait to see what happens in 2021.

I have high hopes. They just wrapped up Christmas expo, congratulations to some of our forum regulars for winning the linden ones!! :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I have high hopes. They just wrapped up Christmas expo, congratulations to some of our forum regulars for winning the linden ones!! :)

I am so excited about getting to choose a new Linden name for the list and naming a Bellisseria region.  Consulting with my family as I type, LOL.  :)

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

Sorry Daniel, what are the purple SSP regions and where are they?

/me arrives with a big basket of context and begins to unpack it for Lloyd, and any other newcomers who might be reading *waves*

"SSP" stands for Super Secret Project, which is what Belli was before they released the first regions.  The first 80 regions were discovered by Daniel in the summer of 2018, and Garnet started this very thread about them.  They are in the far Northeast Corner of the known grid, and can be easily reached by typing "SSP1" (or any other existing SPP name) into the map search field.  They can be studied on the map, but residents have no access to the SSP areas.  The SSP areas are still used as a development zone for new Belli Linden Homes, and this thread continues to document ongoing Belli buildouts.  I came to Belli rather late, and found reading the first 20 pages or so of this thread very fun!

Once moles are finished with a new theme, they move it down to the Belli area, usually naming the new regions SSPEnnnn.  (However, the Stilt regions arrived already equipped with real names).  The Traditional homes are unique in that the entire initial continent was hand-crafted by moles up in SSP and then copied to its final place.  Since then, moles have, over time, developed a much more efficient method of creating multi-region "tiles", multiple copies of which can be fit together to form a much larger continent.  Abnor did a slide presentation explaining how that was done for the Vics and Log Homes.  The large pink area SSP1501-1551 was apparently the development area for the Stilt home tiles.  The large purple area below, SSP2001-SSP2040, is thought to be the development area for the new Chalet homes [although so far as I know the moles have never confirmed that].  There are various individual regions around these large blocks that may be used for script QA, reveal regions, special projects for the Millbank region, etc..

Green dots in the purple SSP regions probably indicate that Moles have begun working there again; possibly finishing them up before they get moved to the Belli area of the grid.

I suppose it is not IMPOSSIBLE that the chalet continent could be created soon, maybe over the holidays, and released in January along with the STilts and houseboats, in a gigantic chaotic blitz of Linden Homes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The Traditional homes are unique in that the entire initial continent was hand-crafted by moles up in SSP and then copied to its final place. 

This actually applied to the initial build of Traditionals, Houseboats and Campers/Trailers in not only the original part of the continental Belliseria, but also the original Squishy Pickle and Pickle islands.  It wasn't until the Victorian build that they started that region cloning method. Around the time the Victorians were release is also when they started putting out some large cloned areas - where a huge grouping of regions were cloned in their entirety, rather than a scattered placement of cloned regions.  This was primarily done for the Houseboat regions.  Those are the regions you'll find south & southeast of the primary Belliseria continent.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2