SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

ORIGINALLY I was thinking that each "plot" would get a boat "slip" but since they are putting in the boats that seems less likely. OR maybe one (some) level of the "new premium" includes the boats. Seems like there are about as many boat slips as there are places for houses LOL.     I guess some boats could be "living quarters".   Ah the mystery. 

That is a VERY good looking home area Patch is in.   Time will tell. 

The current Linden homes are almost nine years old ---- for those that weren't around then, here is my post:   https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2009/12/androgyne.html

SOME things have changed LOL. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sorry! I didn’t notice posts about the boats/docks until now.

The BOATS just appeared, but there have been places for boats to dock for a very long time.   I was surprised to see the boats though (looks like sailboats if the white unrezzed triangles are sails LOL). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I hope they move it so it connects with Blake Sea. 

There is actually room for one of them in there. It would be awesome.

But this might be like the old housing continents and duplicated a few times.

I still think that the forum's old idea of sailing wormholes is the best idea. Sail off-world in certain regions and you are warped to another place. A certain regions void edge in each copy of SSP could connect to the blake on a set region.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

It looks like a full-blown "suburbia" with roads, walking paths and a proper marina harbor.

So my guess is a new continent for sliding scale premium accounts, each level having free access to a different size (neighborhood) Linden Home (if that's what they will call it) - and I'm thinking those parcels with dockside backyards will be for the top tier, middle tier a little farther inland and bottom tier with the status quo 1024 parcel.

~Takes a breath, rereads what she wrote, nods to herself, hits the Submit Reply button hoping @Patch Linden doesn't plonk her too badly~

*LAUGHS*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

I'm so glad it's not just me, not being able to see 50~% of the zoom levels on the map is infuriating.

?

There's a bug report. It's broken randomly about half the time. Some periodic process builds those tiles every day or so, and apparently sometimes it fails.

(The aviation people use maps for flight planning and need to zoom out. The author of that bug report has a map overlay of hostile security orbs in SL so aircraft can avoid them.)

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Another thought. Since Patch has suggested that larger than 1024 parcels will be available. I'm wondering if unlike the current Linden Homes, which are strickly residential, if any of these new parcels might be "zoned" for commercial purposes. Thoughts?

I would open a crematory, or a prim recycling center, or something else ridiculous.

• Haha 3

On 10/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, animats said:

Can't see it this week; zoom-out map tiles are still broken.

All those boat docks and no place to go. This continent needs access to the Blake Sea.

Very likely it will be moved to an area that DOES connect since that is super easy. They are most likely (no intel just logic) are building in a NON-connected place for privacy.   Since SO many folks have mentioned the need for connecting the continents more and Patch was interested in good places to do that -- it certainly appears that is a likely scenario. 

That's the most gigantic marina I have ever seen. I'm not sure there is such a demand for moorings, and ordinary residents are not going to want a mooring without some land to live on. The moorings are about 20 by 50 metres, i.e. 1024 m², and the access channels are tight to say the least, so I think those moorings are for Linden houseboats, mainly for living in, but possibly also for occasional boating.

• Like 1