SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

With the number of docks, and the tiny size, I wonder if every parcel will be getting a berth.

1 Home, and 1 Dock per premium. Add in a channel out above Second Norway into the sailing area that was blocked with the two ugly Glitch islands nobody uses in Pieve and Cortona (they go down as one of the braindead ideas of the Lab the way they hamper sailing).

But then, these have houseboats.

30ee19dc6e67819c3586d668a713b674.png.2f00bd8acfb612f64066c82fa7d90866.png

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 10:44 AM, Callum Meriman said:

There is room there, bulldoze the Glitch waste-of-space in Pieve and a channel could connect SSP to the Blake.

There is perfect free space to re-locate the whole SSP continent. No need for any new channels.
In the south west corner SSP would connect to Truro, Tuckernuck and Lands End. From there it is easy nice sailing to Blake Sea regions.

In the north SSP would connect to Qellsaon, Polistar, Yokii, Fortenlost, Axeton and Fhunlow regions.

SSP-to-Blake-Sea.thumb.jpg.4784a623a95defd9ce93880186ee6413.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

There is perfect free space to re-locate the whole SSP continent. No need for any new channels.
In the south west corner SSP would connect to Truro, Tuckernuck and Lands End. From there it is easy nice sailing to Blake Sea regions.

In the north SSP would connect to Qellsaon, Polistar, Yokii, Fortenlost, Axeton and Fhunlow regions.

SSP-to-Blake-Sea.thumb.jpg.4784a623a95defd9ce93880186ee6413.jpg

Ya know...

Looking at SSP as a whole...

It occurs to me that it's shaped like a badly drawn UK currency symbol, say one done by a 5 year old in crayon...

£

Does this mean we Brits are getting our OWN exclusive SL Continent?

Suspiciously Shaped Pounds

;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Super Sailing Parcels, Sailing Ship Parcels

Sailing Sim Paramilitary...

The SLCG goons are gonna love this, and immediately claim authority to AR people for standing still near, on or in any of it's waterways because "Self-Important Paramilitary Goon RP Uber Alles!", as soon as it officially opens...

*groan*

We must immediately found the SLRN to defend the coasts of Brittopia from these aquatic fiends!

Edited by Klytyna
Brittopia!
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Super Sailing Parcels, Sailing Ship Parcels

Just now, Klytyna said:

Sailing Sim Paramilitary...

The SLCG goons are gonna love this, and immediately claim authority to AR people for standing still near, on or in any of it's waterways because "Self-Important Paramilitary Goon RP Uber Alles!", as soon as it officially opens...

*groan*

Now we are just getting in to Super Silly Projections about it all ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

£

Does this mean we Brits are getting our OWN exclusive SL Continent?

Just so the paperwork is all clear and sorted...

*coughs, puts on scarlet military frock coat and a tricorn, and assumes heroic pose*

I claim this continent in the name of Her Most Britannic Majesty, and name it Brittopia!

May the Dark Gods of the Grid bless refrain from cursing all who sail near her!

(The continent, not Her Most Britannic Majesty...)

*removes colony claiming costume*

There, all sorted... :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Trouble is, those are estate regions, the lab can't and shouldn't connect to them without permission, estate bans become a real issue - and of course, the estate could close.

SSP can only be joined to mainland, and rightly so.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Trouble is, those are estate regions, the lab can't and shouldn't connect to them without permission, estate bans become a real issue - and of course, the estate could close.SSP can only be joined to mainland, and rightly so.

There is also trouble free location. That would need 12 new regions long channel to connect SSP12 region to Blake Sea - Sirens Isle.

SSP12-to-Blake-Sea-connection.thumb.jpg.f287ee4556d832ad3574ab56f178cf0f.jpg

• Like 2

SSP 1 could connect directly to sailable water at Danu. Direct access to Blake Sea can be blocked though at Terric and Montbard regions, so a channel to Blake Sea would be needed to guarantee access to BS. But it certainly looks doable. 

1478258986_sspconnection.thumb.png.ba2cd011a32186bf4a0be52208631eca.png

Edited by Blush Bravin

On 10/21/2018 at 6:11 PM, Blush Bravin said:

Noticeable house size differences now. 

different.png.fc321d023ef1ccceb18e0154b074f719.png

That might look really nice place as there are real streets to walk about.
The houses are not packed so close to each other as in the old Linden home regions.
The houses don't cover the whole parcel like in the old Linden homes.
Very excited to see all of it when it's ready. ?

• Like 3

ALSO  that plethora (I so like that word) of LITTLE boat docks "could" be for those that want to spend 512 of their 1024 on a boat space -- and maybe keep their existing 512 Linden home.  They are really pretty tiny (not the ones shown in the recent screenshots -- there are others). 

If those places look like the ones with Patch and the bike and dogs then I think they definitely have a winning area.   Not for me as I just stand on my building pad all day --- but for NORMAL folks that really HAVE virtual lives  LOL.

And about house size. Long ago, Maybe SL15B interview Ebbe said that there would be different sized houses. If "I" were to have one, I would pick a smaller house with a bigger yard as that is just what I like, so that makes a lot of sense to me. AND it makes the area seem more diverse (something lacking in the original Linden homes).

Will be exciting.

And as an aside ---- someone contacted me inworld today (for some reason I have been named as an official advisor somewhere and folks are contacting me with that intro ---- no clue). Anyway the person was confused about free mainland and tier and such. Along the way I suggested that they might want to A. rent or  B. get a very cheap 1024 as they would likely lose their purchase money when the new homes become available.  The person didn't seemed worried about that and was planning on abandoning the mainland.  So that's all well and good.

BUT The Lab must know that this will put another nail in the mainland coffin (Chic's shop is on mainland and has been for a long long while) which has been doing better of late.  So I am wondering --  out there in the future -- what the plan is going to be with that.   I am fine where I am but I love to watch the dance of the land swappers and stubborn barons -- just for fun. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 2:04 AM, Blush Bravin said:

As long as we're speculating, why not get crazy? How about this? Finish off that little continent and create a whole new sea around the whole area. :P 

122181189_sspconnection2.thumb.png.94d55b79a7ec6f5bd249ac98690f702b.png

I like this speculation, a few extra regions there to make the unfinished Gaeta? continent whole and additionally, join it down to the other two and it really opens up the entire group of continents into one wonderfcul sailing and flying area.

(I asked what's Patch's favourite cheese in the 15th November meeting thread so we know what to bribe him with to do great things like this)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

I asked what's Patch's favourite cheese in the 15th November meeting thread so we know what to bribe him with to do great things

No no no no...

You are a CAT...

Cats do not bribe mice, they pin the mouses head to the floor with a paw and say...

"Hello squeaky snack toy... You have TWO choices... Obey my commands or wear this overcoat I made for you from a sesame seed bun and some BBQ sauce... :D " 

You're letting Cat kind down here Callum, ask your self...

"What would the Bad-Kitteh do?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4