Jump to content

SSP?


Garnet Psaltery

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Indy Melody said:

Is LL finally going to update the Library with new mesh items for things like trees and plants? New terrain texture sets? New items in the Library like mesh bikes and companions? A nice mesh house instead of the old prim shack?

Wouldn’t some of these compete with resident creators?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Indy Melody said:

Is LL finally going to update the Library with new mesh items for things like trees and plants? New terrain texture sets? New items in the Library like mesh bikes and companions? A nice mesh house instead of the old prim shack?

There are updated textures and plants available. They aren't in the library though. You have to go looking for them. For instance, in the infohubs for the Linden Home regions you can find texture packages that also contain a few, very few, plants. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Meadowcreek/78/171/41. Each themed area has it's own infohub and textures. So that's one way to get updated content. Also, if you purchased one of the Horizons parcels, you get a nice little box of plants and textures there as well. In my own home region, Barcola, you can pick up a resource pack that is full of textures and structures, http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Barcola/229/46/25

I'm all for LL updating items already in the library but in no way do I think they should put themselves in a position to be competing with resident creators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes some parcels appear much larger. My thinking has been for awhile that this has something to do with the "levels" in the new premium.  Time will tell. I think Ebbe said the new Linden Homes were still scheduled by the end of the year. So if this is them, we will see eventually -- and if not we'll still see LOL. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes some parcels appear much larger. My thinking has been for awhile that this has something to do with the "levels" in the new premium.  Time will tell. I think Ebbe said the new Linden Homes were still scheduled by the end of the year. So if this is them, we will see eventually -- and if not we'll still see LOL. 

Someone mentioned “new Horizons”. Is Horizons an LL or Resident project?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Someone mentioned “new Horizons”. Is Horizons an LL or Resident project?

Horizons was a LL "themed community" project which didn't stay themed :D.   

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2016/11/linden-labs-new-mainland-experience.html

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Someone mentioned “new Horizons”. Is Horizons an LL or Resident project?

Horizons is basically a newer adult, sci-fi version of Nautilus City. Remember it was filled with themed homes all on 1024 parcels. Anyone who bought land in Nautilus City got a themed home included on the land. You also could get the builder kit with all the various versions of the themed housing along with textures and so forth at one of the Governor Linden owned builds for free. Well years later you hardly even recognize that there is a theme to the area. 

I'm so hoping that's not the intent for SSP. 

I'm hoping that Chic hit it on the head. 

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes some parcels appear much larger. My thinking has been for awhile that this has something to do with the "levels" in the new premium.

I hadn't even considered that there could be levels for premium with different sqm sizes. I love that idea.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...