SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 6/10/2024 at 1:53 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

These regions at SL21B could have the next Linden Home theme on them ? 

What does everyone think ?

They're birthday structures like stages. Linden Home regions are pretty easy to spot from the way the house parcels are distributed. They also apparently figured out that people like me read the map like that guy in The Matrix reads machine code, so they cover reveal regions until an actual reveal.

If they are planning more themes, I'd expect a basic announcement about it, rather than something that's ready to go.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 6/17/2024 at 6:32 AM, Raspberry Crystal said:

I noticed that this request was marked as 'in progress'
https://feedback.secondlife.com/ldpw/p/add-waterway-to-allow-sailing-from-heterocera-through-sansara-to-all-other-mainl
ie connecting Heterocera to the rest of the continents.
Maybe not Linden Home news as such, but this will extend the sailing possibilities from here.

I might be reading it wrong, but based on Abnor's comment it looks like what is recorded as in progress is the Bleanerry Tarn link put in last week, that does technically create a protected water link between heterocera and the rest of mainland.

The routes across South heterocera and through Sansara involve tricky waterways with a few awkward banlined or orbed parcels, but it is very doable.

When crossing South Heterocera make sure your boat has a shallow keel or you will find yourself grounded.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

Pleased to announce that I've completed another multi-continent boat trip milestone today, which included visiting ALL EIGHT of SL's connected continents; Gaeta V, Corsica, Nautilus, Satori, Bellisseria, Jeogeot, Bellisseria (twice!), Sansara and Heterocera! (No teleporting, no flying, no cheating.)

Start: Giuseppe (NE corner of GaetaV).
Mid-point: Lordshore (Southern-most connected Jeogeot water region).
Finish: Fillip (Northern tip of Heterocera).
Total time: 3 hours, 23 minutes, 12 Seconds.
Sims: 699.
Distance:  154.98 KM (96.3 miles)

Vehicle Used: BatBoat

Trip logged.

Route map (approximate):

GaetaVtoHeterocera19Jun2024.thumb.png.e8293c947af8b890cc62040faf7bce75.png

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Proud to announce that I've achieved another multi-continent boat trip milestone today, which included visiting ALL of SL's connected continents; Gaeta V, Corsica, Nautilus, Satori, Bellisseria (I), Jeogeot, Bellisseria (II), Sansara and Heterocera! (No teleporting, no flying, no cheating.)

Congratulations! Are you perhaps the very first to do it?

• Like 4

I've just achieved another long distance ambition, a full crossing (by sea) of the mainland continents from east to west.

DibiwitztoBayCityTruro20Jun2024.thumb.png.c12c5a8eac2be47e4a91e426076188e2.png

Start: 05:30:00 SLT - Dibiwitz (Gaeta V) - SL's furthest east mainland region.
Finish: 07:03:59 SLT - Bay City - Truro (Sansara) - SL's furthest west mainland region.
Total Time: 1 hour, 33 minutes, 59 seconds.
Total Regions: 419.
Total Distance: 90.21 km (56 miles).

Vehicle: Batboat.

Trip logged.

• Like 9

• Administrators
On 6/13/2024 at 8:19 AM, Hymn Celestia said:

well not ALL activity.....................  I mean, there are a lot of SSP ranches and victorians and mediterraneans just waiting in the wings for release, and a few got dressed up and ready to rock and roll and were released in the meantime.  There is a surplus of Belli homes right now and so activity will naturally slow. 

But granted, I too miss the Patch and the Moles and the Warmth, as Eirynne says.  Belli-Development can't go on forever though.  (Or can it?  OR CAN IT??????????? ❤️ )

I think it can.   😉  June 26th.  SLB.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, Fay Starlight said:

Hobbit Houses, Louisianna Bayou houses like an Anne Rice novel, right @Hymn Celestia ?

As 2048s of course, LOL or reg I would take either!

I'm not sure how many people would really want to live in a hobbit house. Can LL pole users to find out what other fantasy houses they would actually use? The tree houses have been popular. Do they need hobbit houses, wizard towers and witches cottages too? What about caves for trolls, goblins, orcs and dragons?

I love the Bayou theme idea, but I think it needs to mix 2048m mansions with 1024m houses and 512m shacks. If some people want to rez a smaller house on a larger parcel, they could also make it feel more wild and isolated with possums, wild cats, and alligators.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm not sure how many people would really want to live in a hobbit house. Can LL pole users to find out what other fantasy houses they would actually use? The tree houses have been popular. Do they need hobbit houses, wizard towers and witches cottages too? What about caves for trolls, goblins, orcs and dragons?

I love the Bayou theme idea, but I think it needs to mix 2048m mansions with 1024m houses and 512m shacks. If some people want to rez a smaller house on a larger parcel, they could also make it feel more wild and isolated with possums, wild cats, and alligators.

You take that back right now, we all need hobbit homes!  LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 6/20/2024 at 4:27 PM, Fay Starlight said:

Hobbit Houses, Louisianna Bayou houses like an Anne Rice novel, right @Hymn Celestia ?

As 2048s of course, LOL or reg I would take either!

((sorry, I went way off SSP topic, ignore me))

swamp house.png

Edited by Hymn Celestia
off-topic self-governance
  • Like 3

Now only waiting for the completion of the western coastline of the Ranches and the southern coastline from Nothing Here through Itsa Fluke and on to Albatross Shoals. Fingers crossed... 

Edit: from Itsa Fluke west, only one region has to be added to join to Old Bellisseria's northern coastline. Then there will be two connections to Sansara - in the south at Axel, and in the east at Blearberry Tarn!

Edited by SanFroggy
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

from Itsa Fluke west, only one region has to be added to join to Old Bellisseria's northern coastline. Then there will be two connections to Sansara - in the south at Axel, and in the east at Blearberry Tarn!

not following.... currently you can sail in protected water from Itsa Fluke to Axel and also from Bleaberry Tarn to Itsa Fluke... the continents are connected

Edited by diamond Marchant

Yes, but it would be a much more direct route to Sansara if you could sail directly west along the Ranchland's southern coastline, and then up the western coastline to Bleaberry Tarn or continue going west along the old northern coast until you can approach Sansara through the "element" sims to Axel.. Once you get to the harbor in Axel, you do have to (temporarily) abandon your sea-going vessel and follow the airport access roads (with excellent signage) up to the Linden road in Black and on to Desire, where you can rez a small boat to continue your river and sea journey north to Heterocera. It's an enjoyable trip through the Snowlands which includes "jumping" the boat down three waterfalls to normal sea level. The main point is - there should be a variety of routes for every kind of traveler. Right now there is only one way to reach Bleaberry Tarn from Bellisseria, but wouldn't two routes be better?

Edited by SanFroggy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

but wouldn't two routes be better?

I sense that the "connect the continents" era is over as the major non-adult continents have been connected. I expect Belli coastlines to be completed but history teaches us that it may take a long time.

In my opinion, the best single region addition would be to connect Drunn to Moojigae, which would allow the Fantasseria coastlines to be used as routes. Currently, Fantasseria is one big cul-de-sac, perhaps due to some misguided idea about making this continent special via isolation.

As you can see in the photo below, LDPW has placed teleporters on the seafloor to cross between these regions. I have no idea why... I teleport with a shift double click.

Go here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moojigae/245/239/1 if you fancy using a LDPW teleporter to travel between two regions that should be connected by protected water, but are not.

Drunn Moojigae connector.jpg

• Like 5