SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What good do the map covers actually do? As long as we can't go into the new regions, we can't bother the Moles working in them. Does our speculation really matter?

They don't want us to see them leaning against their shovels, sipping coffee while they should be digging!

ETA: Basic "privacy while working" is a more serious answer.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Thanks. I've updated my map too.

RanchMedexpansion14Dec2023.thumb.png.492bcde90f0d7dd3c5dbf0c50ea397ae.png

More speculation: Will the Welcome Hub connect to the Ranch Homes, and if so where?

I think it will connect, because getting newbies to see the 2048m homes will encourage them to buy Premium Plus accounts, which are extremely profitable for LL. I don't know if the Motown people will want a connection at their region, but they should, because it will drive traffic through it. Whichever of the 3 northern Welcome Hub regions gets a connection (and water rez zone) to the Ranch Homes will benefit by having more traffic.

Of course, the southern Ranch coast will also be developed, eventually creating a circular sailing route around the Welcome Hub island.

I'd also suggest adding a region to the east of the Welcome Hub sandbox with a small island 🏝 and  surfing. 🏄‍♀️  Surfing is a fun activity that's easy for newbies to do. Put a sailboat giver at the Sandbox, so they can enjoy sailing.

p️.s.

Give Blake and Jamie some free bathing suits!

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add p.s.
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Thanks. I've updated my map too.

RanchMedexpansion14Dec2023.thumb.png.492bcde90f0d7dd3c5dbf0c50ea397ae.png

There are two long rivers in there so far. If those rivers connect up to the Belli coastlines the riverfront parcels will be highly prized by those lucky enough to get them - and they'll all be long gone before we can put in tickets to choose one.

The home styles aren't really my thing though. At least not yet. Preferences change over time after all.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What good do the map covers actually do? As long as we can't go into the new regions, we can't bother the Moles working in them. Does our speculation really matter?

In the early stages, it means they can move things around without people thinking it'll be permanent. In the later stages, it's so they can do the reveal for the hype and all that. Much like people wrap presents.

Speculation can also start to get out of hand once people have some information. I might look at the terrain on the map and note it looks like a dry environment, and many steps later, people are saying Ancient Egypt is confirmed for a theme and pyramid houses for everyone. So you want that bit short, before people get too convinced that any guesses were official announcements.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

A question for SSP oracles… what existing region(s) will connect to the Meds? Extra credit for a map.

I believe the initial (day one) connection to the Meds will be from one or more Ranch regions as that would require a minimal span of two regions. For example, Silo, Starline, and/or Pinto Pastures connect to the Med regions to the north. There will be a road connection and some sort of theme blend area, similar to the Newbrookes and Chalets.

I do not think there will be an initial water link from the Stilts as they are at least 4 regions away. Water access does not appear to be a priority for either the Ranches or the Meds.

• Like 4

Ten new coastal region names have appeared on the inworld map, completing Log continent coastline! 😲

LogCoast15Dec2023map.thumb.jpg.dbcfdedd3405f79ef8cf00b8b7caadca.jpg

Other News:

Log Homes sub-continent successfully circumnavigated by Bat-Boat in a time of 25 minutes and 41 seconds by...*drumroll*... me!  (a Three Sheets to Three Sheets loop) 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

I've been waiting since Wednesday, December 25, 2019 to take the trip that I finally managed to take yesterday...
catch my boat in Trafalgar and take it to the stilt houses to take the large canal towards the Chalets. I am persevering, and I have a lot of patience...

viagemparaosChalets.thumb.jpg.b5fcb6625159c4bd2d7ba81a730d2bf0.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1