Shoes not fitting ;(

Yuwerly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! I have a little problem.

I bought multiple shoes but none of them worked.

my feet won't fit inside the shoes!

I tried to use size 0 but that didn't work, I tried to change the script but I can't.

its a type of a shoe where the feet are straight. how should I make this work without having to spend lindens? ;(

:/:/

Sincerely

-Yuwerly 

Edited by Yuwerly

oh, they actually should fit exactley into shoes that were designed for them...

if the shoes are urigged and moddable or have a rezize script you might be able to modify the shoes to fit but make a backup copy first it is easy to accidentaly make things worse while editing...

Edited by Fionalein

The shoes must match the avi, so if you have Slink feet you need to have Slink shoes, then the shape of the feet has to.be the shape the shoe is designed for, you cannot wear flat shoes with high heel feet for example. Do you have a screenshot of the shoes so we can see what is going on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Copy from the ad: Compatible with Maitreya Lara, Slink Physique $ Hourglass.

So what are you wearing of these? Saying you wear mesh feet is not "one size fit all" these days. Are you returning to SL after a long break? It sounds like it, since you know about changing foot size and scripts.

Those are over-the-knee strappy boots that the OP is wearing, so just having the right mesh feet won't be enough. To get a good fit, she needs to wear one of the compatible mesh bodies mentioned in the product listing. Other bodies with compatible feet might work, but there's no guarantee.

Edit: Just noticed - 1 L$ ? ! /me clicks Buy Now.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, angeoco said:

Those are over-the-knee strappy boots that the OP is wearing, so just having the right mesh feet won't be enough. To get a good fit, she needs to wear one of the compatible mesh bodies mentioned in the product listing. Other bodies with compatible feet might work, but there's no guarantee.

I have over knee strappy boots (but from another company) designed for Slink on an Altamura body on my alt, when I say "they fit surprisingly well" I mean exactley that ?

do you have one of the mesh bodies also or is it just the feet?

If you have a Maitreya mesh body you will be able to adjust your foot angle in the hud in the skin section to fit the shoes..I'm not sure about the other ones in the add t though..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

It won't be possible to get the right fit if you wear someone's mesh feet and a classic body. Those shoes (yummy as they are) either work with the classic body of NOT. If NOT then there is nothing to be done. You can try changing the body shape to get a fit, but that likely won't work for some hard to explain reasons involving how classic and mesh bodies differ in shape changes.

Rigged mesh just can't be resized as a prim can be. Rigged is locked to the avatar shape and changes with it. Make the avatar smaller, you make the shoe smaller... still doesn't fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm Sorry for not answering.

Could you send me links to mesh feet that might work for that kind of shoes? Excuse my grammar, I'm really tired :/ Anyways, I would appreciate if you could send me some links to different mesh feet, thanks! :D 

:)❤️ 

10 minutes ago, Yuwerly said:

Could you send me links to mesh feet that might work for that kind of shoes? Excuse my grammar, I'm really tired :/ Anyways, I would appreciate if you could send me some links to different mesh feet, thanks! :D 

you need a whole MESH BODY, not just the feet for those shoes since they go way up the leg. You can use Maitreya Lara, Slink ore Slink Hourglass. All of those are expensive so I am sure most of us would advise you NOT to buy a body for 1 linden shoes no matter how much you like them LOL. 

Mesh bodies are only available inworld and not on the marketplace. I advise you to do a lot of research on mesh bodies. 

MESH BODY ADDICTS is a good place to start. http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yuwerly said:

For those shoes you really need to invest in one of the three bodies they're rigged for and you are looking at a L$3,000 approx investment just for the body then you'll need an applier on top if there's one for your skin if not you'll need to source a new system skin that has an available applier as well

if you're not wanting a mesh body forget about those shoes completely and any boots that don't include a system version if you just want to wear up to ankle high shoes and boots you have a few feet options
Slink feet - get the flat, mid and high options e.g. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Slink-AvEnhance-Feet-Female-Mid/5546991 don't bother with pointe and kitten unless you really want them. you will most probably need appliers for them

Similar feet - a cheaper Slink compatible set of feet includes flat, mid and high https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Similar-Multi-pose-Feet-Slink-compatible/6667756 good if you use an older skin

Maitreya feet - since they are included in the body i'd only buy the flat, mid and high e.g. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Maitreya-Gold-Mesh-Feet-High/6798276 separately if i wasn't interested in a mesh body and had a lot of system foot shoes i still wanted to wear since they'd only need a bit of resizing and re-positioning to work with Maitreya 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 5:59 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

For those shoes you really need to invest in one of the three bodies they're rigged for and you are looking at a L$3,000 approx investment just for the body then you'll need an applier on top if there's one for your skin if not you'll need to source a new system skin that has an available applier as well

if you're not wanting a mesh body forget about those shoes completely and any boots that don't include a system version if you just want to wear up to ankle high shoes and boots you have a few feet options
Slink feet - get the flat, mid and high options e.g. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Slink-AvEnhance-Feet-Female-Mid/5546991 don't bother with pointe and kitten unless you really want them. you will most probably need appliers for them

Similar feet - a cheaper Slink compatible set of feet includes flat, mid and high https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Similar-Multi-pose-Feet-Slink-compatible/6667756 good if you use an older skin

Maitreya feet - since they are included in the body i'd only buy the flat, mid and high e.g. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Maitreya-Gold-Mesh-Feet-High/6798276 separately if i wasn't interested in a mesh body and had a lot of system foot shoes i still wanted to wear since they'd only need a bit of resizing and re-positioning to work with Maitreya 

thank you! :D

• 11 months later...

I am newly back to SL after several years. I realized my classic body, though I loved it so much, is very inferior compared to the new mesh bodies, and also it is very hard finding any new clothing. So I got an Ebody which I LOVE, however I cannot get any shoes to work. Not even the Ebody ones from the ebody store, set to the right height and all that.

My foot is way above the shoe, no matter what I do, and the heel is way behind my foot. I have been trying for hours to get my new self in one piece and looking good :(

So frustrated! I have a wrong colored head with no hair right now as well...I guess I have to get a different head somehow, but cannot figure out what to do to match up. Mesh has so many different things to figure out, I don't know how any newbie can manage it!

Sorry...back to the shoe thing..anyone have any ideas? I tried hover height and all that.

22 minutes ago, SabrynaWeatherwaxx said:

My foot is way above the shoe, no matter what I do, and the heel is way behind my foot. I have been trying for hours to get my new self in one piece and looking good :(

I have the Ebody (free one) and I find that most shoes made for Slink will fit the feet very well. But high boots do not always fit around the legs. I never found a solution to that, besides just not wear high boots.  In the end I switched to Maitreya, primarily because the free E-body does not allow use of omega skins.

A thought; are you wearing a footshaper (system shoes) from something else?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.