I heard last names were coming back. When?

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

And you are not likely to, unless someone sets it as a Display name.  If you look at https://slnamewatch.com/ to see the history of legacy names, you will not find a single Zehetbauer among them.  You are unique!

In world search shows 47 accounts with last name Zehetbauer are still active.

SLNameWatch said there were over 10K registered

76245757a14b8733a5c3e6e6746fc0c9.png

Ooo!   I must have misspelled it.  Yup, you're right. Of course, that whole site hasn't been updated for much of the past decade, so there's no telling how many are still with us, but at least we know now that there really were lots of Zehetbauers once.  Thanks, Rhonda.  ;)

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Although we Loons wave silently at a distance, we have never tried to do a reunion (or maybe the others just didn't invite me).   We aren't a big party crowd. 

Funnily enough, all the Lumin...aires I've met have been DJs or club hosts or club owners. I am none of those things at present but I have been, and I am usually IN a club somewhere, when I'm online. So I guess we ARE a party crowd.

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Pay attention to the last updated dates ....

Further, it is useless in some ways for names that circulated prior to the site creation: Look at mine for an example.

Even so there should have been more than 3000 Residents by 2016.

I am, as I figured, literally the only Field in SL. Almost nobody picked that name and certainly none of those elite few are active these days. Or well, they weren't the last time SLnamewatch updated. I doubt that has changed.

... The secret is I wish I'd picked something more exciting. So I'd be changing mine regardless of any possible prestige from having an old and extremely rare name.

Edited by Cinos Field

I knew it! LOL

Details for last name Su

Date Opened unknown: either this is a vanity name that was never publicly released or this last name was released prior to SLNameWatch.com launch date.
Date Closed unknown: last name was never open, or it was closed prior to SLNameWatch.com launch date.
Days Active  
Status heritage or vanity
Usage Count 505
Reg. Per Active Day  
Last Updated 2011-09-30 00:59:14

And my Original account (now my alt):

Details for last name Chernov

Date Opened unknown: either this is a vanity name that was never publicly released or this last name was released prior to SLNameWatch.com launch date.
Date Closed unknown: last name was never open, or it was closed prior to SLNameWatch.com launch date.
Days Active  
Usage Count 291
Reg. Per Active Day  
Last Updated 2011-10-02 05:46:09

I R SHPETHULE!!!

• Haha 1

Details for last name LeShelle

Days Active  
Usage Count 2065
Reg. Per Active Day  
Last Updated 2012-05-27 12:52:27

Aww to bad was hoping to learn a little more about my name ^^

4 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Aww to bad was hoping to learn a little more about my name ^^

If the date opens and date closed are Unknown, then we are officially SL Oldbies. For real. Because we are so old the system didn't even exist yet! Bahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alyona Su said:

If the date opens and date closed are Unknown, then we are officially SL Oldbies. For real.Because we are so old the system didn't;t even exist yet! Bahahaha!

We oldbies should meet up somewhere and chase the residents...errr kids off our lawn! haha ❤️

The lab says it's in the works and there will be updates soon on the return of Last Names. I'm guessing we may hear something before the end of 2019 or early 2020. 

More to come!
There’s more in the works, too! Stay tuned for updates on when to expect the return of Last Names, availability of a new mobile app beta, changes to Premium options, improvements to Events, Search, the Destination Guide, and much more.

Source: 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2

Web User Group And Updates! Entry posted by Linden Lab · 15 hours ago

"Second, we’re extremely pleased to say that in the last month we’ve made significant progress in laying the foundations for the long-awaited Name Changes feature.  All of our teams have been working hard on preparing the grid and all of our systems to accommodate account name changes, both first and last. We’re not quite ready to release all the details yet, but suffice to say that if you’ve ever wanted to change up your account name for whatever reason (and we know you have!) STAY TUNED."

Now, I have to wonder if "in last month we’ve made significant progress in laying the foundations for the long-awaited Name Changes feature", what was going on the other 528 days? Drooling on the keyboard?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.