What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I seldom post on this thread as I am mostly always working and no one really cares about that except perhaps the folks on the mesh board. But today I was very happy with some improved skills (five years in the making so not an instant thing). 

I don't do draped fabric often, and its been months since I made any "artistically falling fabric" but I had a project that I felt needed that touch of softness so I reaquanted myself with the process. Happily I had learned a few tricks for other things that helped with this and I was very happy with my end result which I think looks quite natural. 

So posting here at the end of a long day as sort of a pat on the back for myself. 

drapedchairback.thumb.PNG.819860ee320eae39aac3f4f2995d71d5.PNG

drapedchairfront.thumb.PNG.417f8cd19738df01331174b44523c53c.PNG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 16

Enjoying that I finally got around to having a go at texturing a full perm mesh clothing item (the skirt in the pic). Not a perfect result by any means, but I'm glad I tried it and that I now have a better idea of what's involved and what I need to improve on, research, and ask questions about.

5abc0bbc2ac25_FullPermSkirt.thumb.png.fca18a735c5917e5ab6b47e85a3f7d1d.png

• Like 11

On 3/27/2018 at 8:45 PM, Chic Aeon said:

So I seldom post on this thread as I am mostly always working and no one really cares about that except perhaps the folks on the mesh board. But today I was very happy with some improved skills (five years in the making so not an instant thing). 

I don't do draped fabric often, and its been months since I made any "artistically falling fabric" but I had a project that I felt needed that touch of softness so I reaquanted myself with the process. Happily I had learned a few tricks for other things that helped with this and I was very happy with my end result which I think looks quite natural. 

So posting here at the end of a long day as sort of a pat on the back for myself. 

drapedchairback.thumb.PNG.819860ee320eae39aac3f4f2995d71d5.PNG

drapedchairfront.thumb.PNG.417f8cd19738df01331174b44523c53c.PNG

That's really beautiful!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Enjoying that I finally got around to having a go at texturing a full perm mesh clothing item (the skirt in the pic). Not a perfect result by any means, but I'm glad I tried it and that I now have a better idea of what's involved and what I need to improve on, research, and ask questions about.

5abc0bbc2ac25_FullPermSkirt.thumb.png.fca18a735c5917e5ab6b47e85a3f7d1d.png

love the hair

• Thanks 1

I did a whole lot of breathing today - as usual.

Other than that, I'm trying out different makeups for my avatar, colourfull ones no less, and am irritated about the fact that I really like the colours, but for some reason, my avatar looks strange to me with it. 

28 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I did a whole lot of breathing today - as usual.

Other than that, I'm trying out different makeups for my avatar, colourfull ones no less, and am irritated about the fact that I really like the colours, but for some reason, my avatar looks strange to me with it. 

It's probably the pale skin. I have that same reaction trying to use colorful makeup with my neko skin which is white/grey, so I usually stick with eyeliner or smoky shadows.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

It's probably the pale skin. I have that same reaction trying to use colorful makeup with my neko skin which is white/grey, so I usually stick with eyeliner or smoky shadows

That's what I usually stick to as well - and maybe some light lipstick, mostly pale nudes..
I kinda thought that -because- I am so pale, a bit of colour would be great. Welp, I'll just use my tears as make-up remover.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It started out with me setting up my store in world.

A RL friend of mine who literally just joined SL dropped by to give me an opinion on the building I chose and then things quickly devolved when I brought my animations out.

b2d9ltd.png

Bit too busy now setting up my store. Making him do push ups for my entertainment is totally popcorn worthy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You are definitely one energetic Gnome

I'm the last surviving Soda Gnome.....we only drink soda to sustain ourselves and all that sugar and caffeine tends to make us hyper.

I'm just sticking up 40 old sl movies up on youtube today, taking forever to render and upload them...then i get to see Essence sing in sl again at 8pm at seaside lounge yay!

Edited by SodaGnome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.