What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's a holiday weekend, so I'm busy with the other Catwa CSRs, fending off hundreds of reports in the support group of scammers giving out "free Catwa Bento heads". One account yesterday, two so far today, and there will be more over the rest of the weekend. *sigh* ¬¬

scammer01.png.af061d3ded2914176b5edca7bc59d59a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 8

23 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

It's a holiday weekend, so I'm busy with the other Catwa CSRs, fending off hundreds of reports in the support group of scammers giving out "free Catwa Bento heads". One account yesterday, two so far today, and there will be more over the rest of the weekend. *sigh* ¬¬

scammer01.png.af061d3ded2914176b5edca7bc59d59a.png

Given all of the publicity over scams and phishing attempts, etc..., how in the world do people keep falling for this stuff?  The truth has always been "if it sounds too good to be true then it is".

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given all of the publicity over scams and phishing attempts, etc..., how in the world do people keep falling for this stuff?  The truth has always been "if it sounds too good to be true then it is".

Beats me, Lil :S Many of the people coming into group are trying to warn others, which means we're constantly having to say that we're aware of it, we're sending out group notices, etc etc. I'd only been logged in for 30 minutes today and we had 11 reports in group chat during that time.

ETA: It's reached the point now where I have a notecard with copy/paste info both for pasting into group and also filling out the abuse reports on each scam account.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I imagine they target mostly new accounts? People with only a few months who came to SL alone mostly won't know about those kind of things or be more innocent about it

Eggs, eggs, eggs. Easter hunts have a few problems, and my eyes are bloodshot as I try to solve the last of my bugs in the scripting behind this year's version of my egg-hunt system.

I really want to give the people who play the hunt properly a leg up over the cam-cheaters who don't move from the rez point.

One bug left, and one day left too. I might make it. \o/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

I really want to give the people who play the hunt properly a leg up over the cam-cheaters who don't move from the rez point.

I never understood why camming is considered to be bad by some.  I still have to look everywhere, around everything, behind everything, under everything.  The vast majority of places do not have a hunt item right out in easy view anyway.  Even if you walk the entire store, you still have to constantly stop and cam around the area/room that you are standing in.  Then move to the next area, rinse, repeat.  Thus it is still camming.  Why is that any better than me simply picking a location roughly in the middle of the store and camming the whole place from there?  I still see everything in the store when I cam, regardless of where I do the camming from.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Today I made a bunny outfit, and due to the fact that it is pretty adult i can only show you the back

Nice work! I went dancing last night and saw a bunch of bunny girls. Got reminded easter is almost here. Main thing I'm thinking about is that satellite that is supposed to crash somewhere on earth on easter! I will look up and be ready to dodge roll if I see a piece of satellite falling towards me! Today still trying to see Essence sing again as she keeps cancelling shows. Working on my sl youtube channel. Here's pic of one of the bunny girls I saw at live music venues. I'm the bear.

Soda Gnome YouTube q1.jpg

• Like 8

If the satelite crashes in Central Florida and you never hear from me you know what happened.

Meanwhile in SL I am standing on the top of a hill in a ball gown, doesn't everyone do that

3.31painting_064.png

• Like 8

Sunday Breakfast!

Today we are at my place, the park at KONA Stream studios in Aracar. It's a major holiday so we I expect a big crowd, but I will be around to host (whilst cooking an Easter feast for friends and family in Real Life).  Start time is 8AM SLT. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aracar/147/101/99

Easter.jpg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Sunday Breakfast!

Today we are at my place, the park at KONA Stream studios in Aracar. It's a major holiday so we I expect a big crowd, but I will be around to host (whilst cooking an Easter feast for friends and family in Real Life).  Start time is 8AM SLT. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aracar/147/101/99

Easter.jpg

I´ll try to be there

I´ve paid my rent, cleared my shopping list and event to-do´s and now it´s time to unpack and sort and all that... Guess I´ll change Kasha while I´m at it xD

• Like 1

I'm getting ready to go for a nice, safe run.

Ready2Run.thumb.jpg.ff06482175e1b5f82e583951375c12ac.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

Post run report: Nothing went wrong. I ran with scissors, straight serpentine down a highway, through a playground, on a railroad, and through fire to get to my destination. Then there was dancing under a giant refraction!

Also, please ignore my expression in the photo. It must have been a flash-anticipation blink-squint.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
for a Post Event report
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.