How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The thing I like about Avimote or animare or anypose is,I can adjust any pose I have,turn my head  or move my arms and stuff like that..this way if any part of me is intruding into my clothes or my hands in my leg because something is messed up..I can just move it to where it doesn't look messed up..plus just make my own poses that I might want to try..even can adjust myself with other poses I didn't make..

Here is an example of a messed up pose and just a quick fix with one of my pose adjuster..Animare is only like 300$L where the other two are I think much more expensive like 3k maybe..

35616909721_f92609f128.jpg35616920671_2fda9dd5f1.jpg

I don't even know why I brought up anypose really..I think it's because I have their expression hud.. Animaire would be all anyone really needed if they were wanting to adjust poses

That's cool - I definitely need one of those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh ok,I see what you are saying..

Yea I had met a guy a few months after I got to SL and he made me one of those which was just a pose stand that I changed into a ball that floats way over my head so I can move myself around really easy  and also made me a hud for my screen to cycle through the poses I have in the ball..

at the time I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.. I still use it,but use these other things with it.

The thing I like about Avimote or animare or anypose is,I can adjust any pose I have,turn my head  or move my arms and stuff like that..this way if any part of me is intruding into my clothes or my hands in my leg because something is messed up..I can just move it to where it doesn't look messed up..plus just make my own poses that I might want to try..even can adjust myself with other poses I didn't make..

Here is an example of a messed up pose and just a quick fix with one of my pose adjuster..Animare is only like 300$L where the other two are I think much more expensive like 3k maybe..

35616909721_f92609f128.jpg35616920671_2fda9dd5f1.jpg

I don't even know why I brought up anypose really..I think it's because I have their expression hud.. Animaire would be all anyone really needed if they were wanting to adjust poses

Here I sat, seeing these double photos. I was all set to screw my eyes up and see a 3D Ceka. Then it hit me, this isn't one of those things.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ack I wish I had known about this before getting Anypose. I got the Basic which is only $1500 but unless you can rez the stand it takes a lot of tweaking to make minor adjustments.

eta: I'm not in world so can't grab the demo right now. Does it only work with poseballs or can it adjust poses used from inventory or a hud?

Edited by Clover Jinx

7 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Ack I wish I had known about this before getting Anypose. I got the Basic which is only $1500 but unless you can rez the stand it takes a lot of tweaking to make minor adjustments.

Don't get me wrong,Anypose is awesome..you can do a lot more with it..

But for anyone wanting to do little fixes like what I showed Animaire is good..

if you can copy your pose stand and change it into a ball and put way over your head  you can keep it out..

My setup is kind of custom made for me by a friend..

He made me a hud where I can change poses from on my screen and have all the poses in the ball.. and then can also use the huds on my screen to adjust the pose..I'll take a screen shot of it and show it..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Don't get me wrong,Anypose is awesome..you can do a lot more with it..

But for anyone wanting to do little fixes like what I showed Animaire is good..

if you can copy your pose stand and change it into a ball and put way over your head  you can keep it out..

My setup is kind of custom made for me by a friend..

He made me a hud where I can change poses from on my screen and have all the poses in the ball.. and then can also use the huds on my screen to adjust the pose..I'll take a screen shot of it and show it..

I like Anypose, but I admit my learning curve is a bit steep with things like this. If I tried to correct your example, one click would take my arm out around 90 degrees then I have click and click and click to get it close to where I want it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I like Anypose, but I admit my learning curve is a bit steep with things like this. If I tried to correct your example, one click would take my arm out around 90 degrees then I have click and click and click to get it close to where I want it.

I'll get all my stuff set up on my screen and show..I'm actually a little rusty since it's been awhile and my huds all seem to be updating when I pulled them out..hehehehe

Also with any of them, I believe you can adjust any pose,if it is your pose or anyone elses that they made..if you are in a pose be it on a poseball or just clicked one in your inventory,it will be the same..The poseball or pose stand just lets you have them out in world in one spot is all..

I can adjust poses from anything,like from my LumiPro or any AO that puts me in a static pose..you just have to be in a static pose is all..

• Like 2

For some reason my Anypose is acting up..Probably just me and not using it in awhile..

Anyways,this is what I use mostly when I really get into taking my pictures..

The Black poseball up in the air is what holds my poses..I have a few of these in my inventory, with each one loaded with a directory of poses in certain themes..like action or relaxing or whatever..I can just whip a new one up on the fly for just certain shoots..

I can put them all out in world if I want and just jump from ball to ball if I feel like changing up my theme of shots..My hud will adjust to the poseball I am on at the time..

That big blue thing at the top that looks like it is from something out of 2006 is my hud for the poseballs..It is from 2006 and made by a friend for me..He was a pretty awesome and helpful person..I could ask if he knew if some certain thing existed in SL and he would say never heard of it but ,I'm sure I can make you one..hehehe So he would..He just loved to make stuff. =)

Anyways,not to drift off track..here is a screen show of everything I use when I get into serious pictures..

35371218600_b8a7880498_b.jpg

Animaire will have some snapping big movement at times and it does take some getting used to on how to work the joints with it,but once I got the feel for it,it was pretty good for the money..It's 300L$ on the market.. It's pretty user friendly really..Plus you can,the last time I looked ,create .bvh  files and  import back into world and sell the poses you make if you like..

I'm not gonna shorten or disguise links because I know people are leery of those kinds of things..these links are good links when I went there just seconds ago..if anyone is leery of them,google them to get there..

Here is the link that shows how create and export and import bvh files for animare.. https://sites.google.com/site/animarethehud/how-to-make-a-new-pose

Also their link to the market place to get a better description of what it does exactly

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Animare-Pose-Animation-System-BOXED/1554912

Full version Anypose has a pretty good learning curve for it..For some reason it isn't working too well with my Hud right now..Probably just me being rusty at all this..

Full version is 4500L$ on the markeplace, that's basically so you can import and export .bvh files..

Where the basic Anypose is the same, but you can't create a pose or animation that you can export and import to be able to sell in world..

Basic version is 1500 L$  that you can upgrade if you feel like upgrading, for 3000L$ just to import and export files.. 

I remember it working nice once I had it going,but yea,remember some snapping when trying to do some adjustment..

I'm only gonna link the basic version..If someone wants to read up on the full version, all they need to do is go to their marketplace store which they can get to from this page in the link. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AnyPose-Basic-Pose-Stand/774338

My favorite that I use most of all is Avimote..It's 2450L$ on the market place..I've never had any snapping with it and can move in small increments and  like how all the huds and things are up top in little tabs.. I put that hub on and it was like I never skipped a beat..you can't make BVH files with it or anything like that..It's pretty much for being in those spots you wish you had something and taking pictures on the fly..

It's really user friendly..

here is their link on the market.. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Avimote-PoseMaker-PE-Mobilize-your-Avatar/692079

I hope I didn't ramble too much  hehehe

Oh yea, Here is what i did in adjustments about 30 seconds, to the pose in the above picture.

I was using avimote at the time.. I'm gonna look into my Anypose a little more and see what's up with it..

35760886305_5524d940f1_b.jpg

34950983793_edaa842b3e_b.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Thank you so much, this is great information! I've got my poses sorted in a similar way in copies of a hud Rhonda made years ago so I probably just need to mess around with Anypose some more.

You are welcome =)

Yea,i think I need to mess with that one some more myself..

I remember it being really good..I've just been away from it for so long..

I know it's just me being rusty..hehehe

Also I updated that post up top ..I forgot to add the adjustments I made to the pose in the first picture..hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Just now, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

It's unfinished. I'm a newbie and I don't have the money to buy the hair and outfit!

You can always do a shot of Napoleon in the morning before he's had his coffee and put his coat and hat on -- you may be able to find some frilly long underwear for free somewhere! ;)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

You can always do a shot of Napoleon in the morning before he's had his coffee and put his coat and hat on -- you may be able to find some frilly long underwear for free somewhere! ;)

Where can I find Napoleonic clothes for free? I've tried looking for clothes like that for a long time. I do not have 690 Linden money! Plus, I have not found a hair that looks a lot like Napoleon Bonaparte's.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/copymod-MG-Monsieur-Bonaparte-Captain-royal-elegant-cape/2855161

It's not free, but there is a gacha machine I just found at a store called Clavv that has Naploeon jackets! It is $70L and you put your money in the machine and it spits out one of a random assortment of colors. You might have to live with a pink one, but there are other more "historically accurate" ones too. Found that by Googling "free Napeoleonic clothing second life." That was just one of the first hits -- there is bound to be a whole slew of blogs devoted to dressing like Napoleon on a budget in SL out there somewhere!

Anyway: it's here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Getsuga/73/57/24

It's a little big on me in some places and small in other places and not quite my style, but...

saga-132.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

It's not free, but there is a gacha machine I just found at a store called Clavv that has Naploeon jackets! It is $70L and you put your money in the machine and it spits out one of a random assortment of colors. You might have to live with a pink one, but there are other more "historically accurate" ones too. Found that by Googling "free Napeoleonic clothing second life." That was just one of the first hits -- there is bound to be a whole slew of blogs devoted to dressing like Napoleon on a budget in SL out there somewhere!

It's a little big on me in some places and small in other places and not quite my style, but...

Ah, this is very useful! I shall go to that place soon.

38 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

saga-132.jpg

Mrs. Sergeant Pepper!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Mrs. Sergeant Pepper!

I can never figure out why people make over the shoulder clothes -- as soon as you move your arms poke through. Maybe there are enough people recreating Beatles album covers SL style to support this particular item's sales... Everyone has their fetish I suppose.

• Like 1

wait,I seen I think a fatpack for that jacket on the market for like 25L$

let me find the link

Edited to add: Crap,I was too late..hehehehe

Edit again: nevermind..It was just one color each and they only had like two oddball colors..hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1