How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Great shot! You look like you are about to come off the hook and kick someones ass :)

hehehe

Thanks! I love the combination of the local lights and the foggy windlight here too -- kind of like Children of the Corn meets High Plains Drifter. Though I think Nostoll is all over the ass kicking already!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Thanks! I love the combination of the local lights and the foggy windlight here too -- kind of like Children of the Corn meets High Plains Drifter. Though I think Nostoll is all over the ass kicking already!

Yea,the viewers these days are really nice..I remember when they came out with Wind Light and not being able to use it because it would crash my old crappy computer..

Had to do most things in Photoshop then..

Now there are so many options,plus have a really awesome computer now..I just need to learn how to use these things in here..

You've taken a real shine to them and taking really nice shots,just have to say..So have others..

Some look so realistic nowadays that it blows my mind hehehehe

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yea,the viewers these days are really nice..I remember when they came out with Wind Light and not being able to use it because it would crash my old crappy computer..

Had to do most things in Photoshop then..

Now there are so many options,plus have a really awesome computer now..I just need to learn how to use these things in here..

You've taken a real shine to them and taking really nice shots,just have to say..So have others..

Some look so realistic nowadays that it blows my mind hehehehe

Thanks, that's sweet of you to say! I feel so spoiled being a relative newbie here with all of the fancy bells and whistles available to me. I do admire people who have been here for a while and had to learn to make themselves and their pictures look good the hard way. Such tenacity!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

As anonymously as is possible here, someone sent me a gift. I'm wearing it here. I love the leaves that decorate it. Thank you whoever.

Oh fun!  I wish I had thought of that ...

But it's never too late to start working off some of my bad karma with good deeds.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

He just wants to know where your hair base is from and so do I!

It's from GA.EG -- it's an add on to the Barbara Bento head. It's all very convenient -- you add the various add-ons directly to the main head HUD and then hairbases, makeup, lashes, etc are all in one place, and customizable too with tints and transparency and such. But it's also very canny marketing since you have to have the head to use the hairbase since it's not a regular applier.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

It's from GA.EG -- it's an add on to the Barbara Bento head. It's all very convenient -- you add the various add-ons directly to the main head HUD and then hairbases, makeup, lashes, etc are all in one place, and customizable too with tints and transparency and such. But it's also very canny marketing since you have to have the head to use the hairbase since it's not a regular applier.

Thanks! I've demo'd a few of their heads but didn't find one that suited me. The Altamura hud is like that too (even with Omega appliers) and it is very handy at times.

5 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Thanks, that's sweet of you to say! I feel so spoiled being a relative newbie here with all of the fancy bells and whistles available to me. I do admire people who have been here for a while and had to learn to make themselves and their pictures look good the hard way. Such tenacity!

You're welcome :)

I'm curious,are you using any of the pose huds they have out? Like the Anypose huds ?

There may even be better ones out there today..

But if you go to the marketplace and type in Anypose  as your search term,you can get a good idea of what they can do..

also the Anypose expressions is free if anything..

That's if you didn't already know about them..

Also maybe someone knows of something better that has come along since..

I really loved using them and they saved tons of time and gave me all kinds of freedom in my posing..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are some free pose huds available, so don't pay for anything unless they just happen to be filled with poses that you love.

Can you make your own poses with those? I'm interested in something like that for sure:)

I mean I have the any pose already,but I'm always looking for new ones also.

20 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Redhead yesterday, blond today. If only it were that easy (and non-destructive to one's hair) IRL!

So true, but the real magic is going from long to short and back to long, in just two days

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You're welcome :)

I'm curious,are you using any of the pose huds they have out? Like the Anypose huds ?

There may even be better ones out there today..

But if you go to the marketplace and type in Anypose  as your search term,you can get a good idea of what they can do..

also the Anypose expressions is free if anything..

That's if you didn't already know about them..

Also maybe someone knows of something better that has come along since..

I really loved using them and they saved tons of time and gave me all kinds of freedom in my posing..

I've been using the built in AO button in Firestorm. I did pick up a couple of freebie HUD''s that I could load up with poses of my choice, but I found it easier just to drag poses from my inventory to the AO window than to rez a HUD to the ground and then edit it. I don't always use static poses though. Sometimes I just let the standing animations run and refresh the camera until I see a position I like. Will look into Anypose though, thanks!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Can you make your own poses with those? I'm interested in something like that for sure:)

I mean I have the any pose already,but I'm always looking for new ones also.

You can't "make" (as in create) poses, but you can drop any pose that you have into it and thus have a portable posing hud with many, many poses.

In thinking about it, I could probably create a whole new pose set in the Firestorm AO (other than the regular AO ones) and use that.  i just recently found out that i could do that in lieu of a dance Hud.  I wonder how many poses I can put in the Firestorm AO.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can't "make" (as in create) poses, but you can drop any pose that you have into it and thus have a portable posing hud with many, many poses.

In thinking about it, I could probably create a whole new pose set in the Firestorm AO (other than the regular AO ones) and use that.  i just recently found out that i could do that in lieu of a dance Hud.  I wonder how many poses I can put in the Firestorm AO.

Oh ok,I see what you are saying..

Yea I had met a guy a few months after I got to SL and he made me one of those which was just a pose stand that I changed into a ball that floats way over my head so I can move myself around really easy  and also made me a hud for my screen to cycle through the poses I have in the ball..

at the time I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.. I still use it,but use these other things with it.

The thing I like about Avimote or animare or anypose is,I can adjust any pose I have,turn my head  or move my arms and stuff like that..this way if any part of me is intruding into my clothes or my hands in my leg because something is messed up..I can just move it to where it doesn't look messed up..plus just make my own poses that I might want to try..even can adjust myself with other poses I didn't make..

Here is an example of a messed up pose and just a quick fix with one of my pose adjuster..Animare is only like 300$L where the other two are I think much more expensive like 3k maybe..

35616909721_f92609f128.jpg35616920671_2fda9dd5f1.jpg

I don't even know why I brought up anypose really..I think it's because I have their expression hud.. Animaire would be all anyone really needed if they were wanting to adjust poses

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5