How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

What’s really starting to amaze me, putting this whole thing together, is how very different and unique everyone is. The bunny ears, the poses, costumes, expressions, lighting... wow 😮. I love seeing everyone together... it feels like a very close community (of which we are) and I just love that! I’ll keep going with it until everyone who wants to participate can post! Btw- It makes it super easy for me when you post it on the black background... thanks 🙏🏻

Superhero’s  🦸‍ ? Well,  Belinda... you KNOW,  I can run with that! 

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Superhero’s  🦸‍ ? Well,  Belinda... you KNOW,  I can run with that! 

If right and wrong is a matter of perspective and artificial ideals, do super-villains count?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Donna Underall said:

Are they bringing flowers?

I'll bring a bouquet of poison ivy, hemlock, foxglove, mistletoe and nightshade.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Just goin through my saved outfits, tweaking as I go...….I've posted business girl before but this face (Genus Classic) with the glasses makes me look like the sister of...………….

The one and only Taya of course....Angelina String!!!!  :D

SL15.png

• Like 25

On 3/1/2019 at 11:11 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

1920s Berlin is a really impressive build, @BelindaN, if you are interested in the period. It also has a great, and very international, community. However, one additional complication (perhaps) is that, in addition to period clothing, they also insist that your avatar be "realistically" sized. Which is to say, no female avatars should be above about 1.7 or 1.8 metres in height (I've forgotten the exact suggested height, but they have guides at the entrance). In the old days, I used to have a "small" shape that I used just for that, but nowadays my regular avi comes in at about that height anyway.

There's also New Berlin? It's not a bad build, with some nice detail. I've taken a fair number of shots there.

Sorry about posting to an old post but just had to add a small correction.

We do not insist on realistic size.
We suggest it but if you go to the city as a very tall person you will be fine.
Although some streetkids may point and mock you and you may bump your head a few times.

Also, today I look like this.
I always look like this.

35315558586_2af58f2c7f_z.jpg

Edited by Jo Yardley
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Now I can not imagine any reason why to hesitate talking abut breasts... 

Well, I was talking about Elora's breasts in particular! 😉

4 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I found the shape of breasts are quite different with the several mesh bodies. General shape I like Maitreya body the best, though I find the breasts of one from Belezza bodies look more realistic. Well, there's all sorts and shapes in rl too, so realistic might not be the right word.

Yes, for certain. The Slink breasts (for Physique, anyway) are pretty bleh and characterless . . . which is fine. On the other hand, you could etch glass using Laskya's Altamura "Juliet" breasts, so perky and pointy are they!

3 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Also the gravity slider helps a lot. Physics usually only make it look worse imo. Trying some different body demo's with their sliders might get you the look you prefer.

Yeah, I've played with the sliders, and particularly with the gravity slider. It can produce more-or-less the desired effect when your avatar is upright. And playing more generally with size and gravity sliders works (more-or-less) when your avatar is lying on her back. It's the other possible poses and positions that are problematic. I saw an otherwise beautiful pic on Flickr the other day, of a nude woman lying on her side. It looked great . . . except for the breasts, which still protruded at right angles to her body, when they should, of course, have been subject to the inexorable downward forces of gravity. To me, it was jarring. Similarly when an avatar is bending over, or on all fours.

I don't know that there's a solution for this: one would actually need to "distort" the shapes of the breasts, and have this keyed somehow to the gravity engine. Adding some more bones to the breasts would help, so that one might customize a shape for a particular static pose, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, and is really only a stopgap: most people like their avatars to be moving.

It's all relatively trivial, I guess: SL faces bigger challenges than getting the look of my boobs right.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I've played with the sliders, and particularly with the gravity slider.

... ... Must not make a pun about Scylla playing with herself ...

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

Although some streetkids may point and mock you and you may bump your head a few times.

Can't be worse than being mocked and pointed at for being short! Not to mention, getting lost in giant sofas and armchairs. ("Look what I found under the sofa cushions! $2.50 in change! And an avatar . . .")

Thanks for the correction, Jo! It's a wonderful sim, and has been for . . . what, 12 years? Please don't ever lose your passion for it.

• Like 4