How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Here ya go everyone!!! You guys all look amazing here... and for those of you who still want to be included, again, just post a full body picture of yourself here in this thread (preferably against a black background) and I'll continue to add you guys...

~ Sara 😘

2019 SL Bunnies.png

Fyi... there is no particular order of placement here... just in case anyone was wondering. 

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Elora, the lighting, colour, and detail in this picture are amazing. The whole picture just glows with warmth. How did you do it??????

(Because now I have to try it!)

I have little llamas that trot around moving lighting umbrellas for me :)

Seriously though, in this one, I used a photographic umbrella light for additional lighting on the left side (my right side) as fill in light for my legs. Many ago, I was married to a photographer and used to assist him on tabletop shots he'd do in the studio so while that didn't work out I did pick up a thing or two about how to properly light a subject. It's tough in SL sometimes though, I'm by no means a professional and like I've written before I prefer the quick and easy solution; I'm sure there are very elaborate ones out there. but this worked good enough for my purposes. 

FYI No llamas were over worked in the making of this picture 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Here ya go everyone!!! You guys all look amazing here... and for those of you who still want to be included, again, just post a full body picture of yourself here in this thread (preferably against a black background) and I'll continue to add you guys...

~ Sara 😘

2019 SL Bunnies.png

Fyi... there is no particular order of placement here... just in case anyone was wondering. 

❤️AWESOME ❤️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saravendi said:

~ Sara 😘

2019 SL Bunnies.png

Great work Sara, and a great idea, which reminds me of a wallchart, but what of I'm not sure! Haha. I wish I dared have this as a screensaver but it might create some awkward questions!!! Of course, Zeta is to blame for posting that first bunny image, and I've discovered a strong desire to get dressed up in costumes (as you all know), oh and I'm easily led...........always on the lookout for a new costume. So I suppose I'm partly to blame for this bunny boom!!

It's also quite nice that we're doing bunnies just before Easter as well!!

The wallchart format lends itself to other themes, and our Superheroes would look good like this....no rush *coughs*. 😁😌

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ugh, now I have to decide on whether to finish the full-body shot of Neph's current getup or if I should double back and do a bunny shoot for the wall. 

... Or make a Sith-bunny? Hm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I have little llamas that trot around moving lighting umbrellas for me :)

Seriously though, in this one, I used a photographic umbrella light for additional lighting on the left side (my right side) as fill in light for my legs. Many ago, I was married to a photographer and used to assist him on tabletop shots he'd do in the studio so while that didn't work out I did pick up a thing or two about how to properly light a subject. It's tough in SL sometimes though, I'm by no means a professional and like I've written before I prefer the quick and easy solution; I'm sure there are very elaborate ones out there. but this worked good enough for my purposes. 

FYI No llamas were over worked in the making of this picture 😊

Yes, I've come to believe that lighting is the key to a really good pic in SL (and, I suppose, in RL too). Weirdly, it's also the part of setting up a shot (excepting only the building I sometimes do to produce a backdrop) that I enjoy most.

The other thing I noticed from your pic, which I hesitate to mention but what the hell . . . is how naturally your breasts sit. One of the main reasons I haven't been doing nude or topless pics is that the unnatural, gravity-defying perkiness of avatar boobs drives me nuts. Real breasts just don't behave like they're pumped full of helium. (Ok, my breasts don't behave that way, anyway.) The shape sliders don't seem to address the problem very well, and I haven't yet found a physics system that can properly account for the different ways in which boobs respond, not so much to body movement (which I don't care about that much), but to pose and posture.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, I've come to believe that lighting is the key to a really good pic in SL (and, I suppose, in RL too). Weirdly, it's also the part of setting up a shot (excepting only the building I sometimes do to produce a backdrop) that I enjoy most.

The thing with lighting in SL, and most virtual lighting in general, is that it doesn't quite behave like real light does. I've always been very skeptical of umbrella lights and the like as, in RL, the reason you'd use an umbrella is to soften the light through bouncing it off a surface rather than shining it directly at your subject - in SL, you can't do that, as light doesn't break. What you can do is lower the intensity, distance and focus of your light. So even if it might be fun to have a nicely meshed photo studio setup (which tends to be fairly pricey), what they -actually- do, is shine the light directly at you and just soften it through manipulating the light's properties. Which you can do with any prim light - such as the Furlgrimr SOL: Professional Photographers' Ambulatory Lighting Apparatus. I do talk about light property in the manual there.

"5: What of them other buttons, you ask? Well, intensity determines how powerful the light shines. It goes from 0-1. If 1 isn't strong enough, check the tips & tricks section.
   Radius is, well, the radius of the projected light. Adjust it as you will.
   Falloff - now this one is a good one; you can change how filling the light will be projected. Play around with it! Or, you know, go look at the SL/Firestorm Wiki. Or YouTube. It's not -that- complex.
   FOV - Field of View. This you rarely need to tinker with. But tinkering we do not for need, but for curiosity. Play with it!
   Focus, well, you know how sometimes things are sharp and sometimes they are not? Yeah that's, that's... Already sort of included in the texture for that smooth transition. But, again, play, play!
   Ambiance, eh, it's sort of like Falloff, but different. Let's just leave it at that.
"

If you really want to get into it, there's an article about all things light here: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/lighting-and-shadows-r331/#Ambiance

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

The wallchart format lends itself to other themes, and our Superheroes would look good like this....no rush *coughs*. 😁😌

Challenge accepted -- and this is about as super-heoric as I get.

saga-1174.jpg

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The other thing I noticed from your pic, which I hesitate to mention but what the hell . . . is how naturally your breasts sit. One of the main reasons I haven't been doing nude or topless pics is that the unnatural, gravity-defying perkiness of avatar boobs drives me nuts. Real breasts just don't behave like they're pumped full of helium. (Ok, my breasts don't behave that way, anyway.) The shape sliders don't seem to address the problem very well, and I haven't yet found a physics system that can properly account for the different ways in which boobs respond, not so much to body movement (which I don't care about that much), but to pose and posture.

Now I can not imagine any reason why to hesitate talking abut breasts... 

I found the shape of breasts are quite different with the several mesh bodies. General shape I like Maitreya body the best, though I find the breasts of one from Belezza bodies look more realistic. Well, there's all sorts and shapes in rl too, so realistic might not be the right word. Also the gravity slider helps a lot. Physics usually only make it look worse imo. Trying some different body demo's with their sliders might get you the look you prefer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Oh love the stocking/legging print! name please!

Love the entire picture by the way ;)

Thank you! 

I was in the mood to do a little exploring after doing a little shopping (new boots!). It was taken here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Cedars/165/174/23

I think one of the annoying things about putting together an outfit, is clipping. I was determined to wear the trench coat from Razor/// (Costello), boots from **UTOPIA@Design** ("Rebecca"). They're "SC Leopard Leggings - Black" from .::Sinfully Seddy::.--appliers for Belleza, Maitreya, Slink, TMP, Omega...L$99. :D  

I bought them a couple of years ago when I came back to SL after a bit of a break, and needed to update my inventory from system to mesh, on a tight budget. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Because I got a new skin, and decide it to create a whole new shape... I went for a beauty portrait.. and used some swallow ears to also participate in the contest ^^.. but this is my look today, at least my features ❤️

47514589651_38d7cf88b9_h.jpg

^Swallow^ Ears Contest 2019 - CarolinaSchoen Resident 2 by Carolina Schön, en Flickr

Edited by CarolinaSchoen
  • Like 27