Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

I am in the process of replicating my real-world bookshelf in Second Life. This primarily consists of making prim books, but the hardcovers are going to require my (finally) learning how to use AO and UV maps for mesh objects. I'm taking the photos myself as much as possible, and am only doing the books I've actually read thus far.

I have a Tumblr to detail the trials and tribulations, for whoever might be interested. https://llama-books.tumblr.com/ 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

I am in the process of replicating my real-world bookshelf in Second Life.

Interesting project. I did at one point consider trying to mesh and texture some books off of those I make in my workshop, but it never really got anywhere. I'm not particularly good at meshing though, so, actually making a real French half-leather binding comes easier than trying to make a virtual one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Interesting project. I did at one point consider trying to mesh and texture some books off of those I make in my workshop, but it never really got anywhere. I'm not particularly good at meshing though, so, actually making a real French half-leather binding comes easier than trying to make a virtual one.

Indeed! I'm crap at texturing anything. I'm barely able to texture prims appropriately. So having to learn the whole AO and UV thing is on a learning curve. I'm going to use a pre-made mesh for the hardcovers, as I can't make anything with mesh at all yet. The texturing will be enough of a project on its own.

• Like 1

a couple of days ago i added my alt to CK Crazy kitty group (was free for a day).And there are lucky letter  boards with mesh outfits, and  different people started  tp "call" these letters , i saw new letters every 10 minutes . And then owner and creator wrote a notice that only a model,who works at store is allowed to call letters once or twice in 30 minutes and when model is away, group members can write letters too, but not everytime it changes and i saw lots of complains about that in group.and i saw girls  apology for "help people to get things".So this calling lucky letters thingy  by non-stuff of group is a spam or help? in my view it s just a mess

I have nothing to add because I have no idea what the hell this is about......

I will just say though that tea tastes better in a thick mug (beaker), accompanied with two squares of at least 85% dark chocolate. My chill out snack of choice. :)

36 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I have nothing to add because I have no idea what the hell this is about......

I will just say though that tea tastes better in a thick mug (beaker), accompanied with two squares of at least 85% dark chocolate. My chill out snack of choice. :)

Chocolate?  Did you say CHOCOLATE? :D

...what are we talking about anyway?  ...I mean what else is there except chocolate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love, your pups are adorable!

Our Cocoabean (a/k/a Bean) says good morning too

FYI since a lot of people here have heard Ghosty (mostly in group chat) and I talking about our old man cat, Casper, we're sad to say we lost him early February after several years of illnesses that we'd been nursing him through. Thankfully Cocoa is doing good after a few weeks of being a bit out of sorts missing his presence.  Same for us  but getting over it was obviously more difficult. Oh to have the tiny brain of a cat with a short memory span.

We're finally at a point where we are contemplating a new friend for Bean so maybe by end of summer there will be another kitty in our home running our lives :P

PS: I would really enjoy seeing other peoples pets so please share them!

cocoa morning.jpg

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

FYI since a lot of people here have heard Ghosty (mostly in group chat) and I talking about our old man cat, Casper, we're sad to say we lost him early February after several years of illnesses that we'd been nursing him through.

I’m sorry for your loss. That’s why I got these two new huskies!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

My favorite Pet:

Hide contents

2018-12-09_002a.thumb.jpg.b84ef021a2c54e1f68bcf5cf30bd0809.jpg

OK  ... so here's my kitty:

Reveal hidden contents

2018-12-02_006a_006a.thumb.jpg.6c2ea7dd80fa47ddeb6c0e6f47159036.jpg

This time for sure!

Reveal hidden contents

Our newest family member at 7 months old.  Leroy Jenkins.

20190427_203348.thumb.jpg.055e4316b60f33eabc6e42f3950b6473.jpg

She's lovely Rhonda. The fairest of them all! :D

• Like 1

@LittleMe Jewell ❤️❤️ Charlie looks like a gregarious ginger boy, of which I am quite partial to being as Casper was one.  I hate making generalizations based on coat color/type but really, red cats do seem to be ultra friendly and out-going a lot of the time!  Raven reminds me of our Bean a bit, that shy sly side glance there. She's a beauty. 

• Like 1