Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

22 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

HALP! Rhonda's in a funk and I need some ideas to help cheer her up.

17 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Tell her I'll stick voodoo pins in effigies of hypocrites until she feels better.

14 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

For @Rhonda Huntress

2 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I hope Rhonda´s feeling better now...

Thank you everyone.

I have some excuses if you care to hear them ...

Friday I had a thyroid scan.  To do the scan, they injected me with a radioactive medicine and I spent most of the day at the lab.  On the plus side I could say I was officially one hot grandmother.  The down side was I was literately radioactive and could not be around small children nor pregnant or nursing women.  So no grand-daughter fix for the weekend.

And house "guests."  We are helping a young couple that lost almost everything in a house fire.  They are a sweet couple and we are just waiting for their new apartment to be ready plus some hold up from the insurance company who are waiting for the police because the fire was obviously arson ... but anyway .... I want my house back.

And my cat is slipping away.  She is 17 years old.  But that's just an excuse ... she has been an old kitty, losing weight and limping with arthritis for a while.  She wasn't having any major problems until yesterday ....  and now my heart is really in a dark hole.

but the real story is yet another episode of depression.

I sometimes wonder how Clover buts up with me.

• Sad 5

24 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm imagining something like this...

5a0b3297316bb_CatButt.jpg.5232b98e0b67ecb8bf8ff004a5ec20f1.jpg

Regarding your being radioactive - I could've had you lay on my left boob, like a poultice. You'd have saved me a radiation treatment.

Regarding your house guests - You're a good egg, Ms. Huntress. When they're gone, you'll miss them, but that feeling will never match your desire to have your house back. Good or not, you're still an egg.

Regarding your old cat - That's a very long run in a very good place. I hope to hear some tales about her someday when you're in the mood to tell them. There's no such thing as a bad cat story.

I'm rooting for you, we're all in this together.

• Like 6

well sh** Rhonda...

everything´s gonna turn out fine, I´ll pray to everything I can get a hold of and stuffs...

the couple will be very happy themselves but I bet they are SO grateful... and for your cat... well eff... good luck for both of you, had a friend loose hers just recently and I´ve been there myself several times... hate it :/ 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2017 at 9:15 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have some excuses if you care to hear them ...

We're your friends. We don't require excuses, or even reasons. We can't fix it. We can give you a hand to hold, or a shoulder to dampen, or half a cookie (sorry, it looked so delicious).

On 11/14/2017 at 9:15 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Because she loves you. That's all. And it's huge.

• Like 2

Rhonda, I am so sorry about your cat. She was clearly a treasure. I'm sorry you have the flu, also, but you'll get over the flu in a few days. That's the easy one. There's a tortie in my memory that will grab me by the heart as long as I keep breathing. All we can do is take what comfort there is from knowing we helped them live a full life surrounded by people who loved them. Hugs.

• Like 3

One last update and I swear I won't be wallowing in self-pity any more after this.

I'm (almost) over the flu and back in the office today.  All of next week is vacation and holidays so I can rest then.

My kitty is gone.  Her sister and littermate passed on last year and her mother 2 years ago.  It really crushed my daughter.  All of her childhood pets are gone now.  It was like her childhood had died.  As far as I go ... I have lost family that didn't hurt this bad.  I know it is *****ty of me to say that but thee it is.  Life moves on.  We still have more cats that love us.

Kitty story time!
This is back from when Clover and her hubby lived with us.  My cat likes to lay up on my hip when I'm in bed.  Well, anyopne's hip actually.  Anyone that came over was instantly her friend.  One evening while we were all laying in bed and watching a movie (or something) she climbed up on Mr. Clover.  Everything was OK until he needed to get up.  So he rolled a bit to get the cat off but she just shuffled over to stay on top like a rolling log.  So he rolled back and forth faster but she kept skittereing back and forth to.  She got the nick-name surfer kitty because of that. 

She was the mama of the pack even tho she was not actually the mother.  Nor the "alpha." 

Next week is Thanksgiving.  I am thankful to have had her in my life.  I am thankful she is resting easy now with her mother and her sister.

And that's the last I'll drag out for everyone.  There is enough pain in this world for everyone to have their share.  No need spreading more around.

• Like 9

Dearest Rhonda,

I just popped in to see what's been going on. Was reading about your elderly cat when I noticed the above update show up.

I am SO incredibly sorry for your loss. Ghosty and I are dealing with a similar issue; our 16-1/2 old man kitty has not been doing well for a while now. He's becoming skin and bones due to kidney disease and now, we found out he has a heart "gallop". He sees a cardiologist next week.

It's so difficult watching our fur babies age. No different than any other relationship we have.  My heart goes out to you and your extended family. 

*huge hugs*

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have lost family that didn't hurt this bad.

I don't think you're alone in that, Rhonda.

When our family dog's cancer finally got too bad, Dad just couldn't take him to the vet to be put down. Nor could Mom. She called me to see if I'd be able to handle it. Apparently I could, because I did. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it was the best thing to do for the dog, who'd been my buddy since I was a little girl. Dad didn't speak to me for weeks after that. I usually drove up (30mins) from grad school on the weekends, but stayed away until he was done grieving. I don't recall the loss of anyone else in our family taking the wind out of his sails like that.

Although Dad and I loved deep conversation, we never discussed that, until he got his Alzheimer's diagnosis. He gave me health care power of attorney, because he knew I'd be the only one in his life with the fortitude (if that's the right word) to say "no" if the time ever came for him to need extraordinary measures to stay alive. And that time did come. And I said "no".

Fortunately, Mom didn't stop speaking to me.

41 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

There is enough pain in this world for everyone to have their share.  No need spreading more around

There's a difference between spreading pain and sharing it.

Hugs.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

I'm way to much of an introvert. I have trouble keeping my focus out there, and somehow that seems to be required when talking to a group :)

Gets me nervous as hell, all those people looking at you, then you start doubting, and when that starts, your lost. Pure horror.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've found (and I'm being fairly serious) that if, early in the presentation, I work in the phrase "What the hell is wrong with you!" (or similar), things go better.

As long as you don't turn and shout it at the corner of the room...