Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

6 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:
20 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Meltdown in aisle 14! O.o

Awww don't make me go look for it.

The thread was gone by the time I woke up this morning. Hardly surprising, since by the end it was just a load of asterisks xD I've never seen such a comprehensive internet meltdown, all caused by the OP's attitude right from their opening post. I almost felt rather privileged to witness it. I think the best bit was how the... person concerned kept editing their posts to add even more insults!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It was really bad at the end.  I finally reported it when the lashing out became name calling and specific personal attacks on people.  I wouldn't be surprised if the OP got a forum ban from it.

Yeah, I got called stupid and retarded, but others were getting the eff-and-blind full-asterisk treatment.

I may or may not have been hitting F5 rather rapidly. And I may or may not have screenshots... :ph34r:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yeah, I got called stupid and retarded, but others were getting the eff-and-blind full-asterisk treatment.

I may or may not have been hitting F5 rather rapidly. And I may or may not have screenshots... :ph34r:

I'm totally laughing at your crossed out statement, not the first one.

• Like 3

Repercussions of poor behaviour can be both amusing and sad. I'd typed up a long and helpful explanatory post for someone's query (which I'd noticed while browsing the forums on my phone - where I'm not logged in - this morning) while I ate my breakfast. Fired up my browser to go and paste it as a response and noticed I couldn't see their text anymore... because I had them on Ignore.

Hmm. Went back to my phone (not logged in, remember, so I don't show up as nosying around their profile!) to check their posting history, since I only ignore people who have been pretty bloody obnoxious. And ahhh yes, now I remember.

So, no helpful reply from me then.

It may be a little bit petty, since I try always to help if I have a solution to something, but if someone can't even treat others with respect then my desire to offer help to them decreases somewhat rapidly. And, in this person's case, my early-morning memory hadn't poked me about how they'd behaved towards others, but the forum software certainly reminded me.

• Like 2

Well, that's enough with questioning negativity..  You should all be telling me how pretty I am :D

Snapshot_065.thumb.jpg.39d4a2224f55193d7e463189ec6907be.jpg

I love these old boots.  They are prim and not resizable :(  I can only use them for photos since they are no where close to fitting my line-backer thighs.  Even with the upper half pulled towards the camera I need the duster to cover up the back of my leg.

Still, I adore these boots.  I don't think I have kept any other prim clothes.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

You should all be telling me how pretty I am :D

All yall know this is a joke, right?

Way way back in high school there was a twist on an old saying. "Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes clear to the bone."  I thought it was meant as an insult -- and it probably was -- but with age I see it different.  All too often ugly comes wrapped in a pretty shell.

[eta]
Well, so much for trying to change topics.

Don't forget Guy Fawkes Day  this Sunday! 
Most Americans will set our clocks back 1 hour in honer of this day.  Or maybe it's just the end of DLST and we go back to real time.  Whatever. It's an extra hour to blow something up!

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

I'm uglier on the inside?

I know you are fishing for a compliment but I know you., the real you and all the different layers of you.. You are much more intelligent than you let on.  I know the playful kitty, the curious kitty, the scared kitty, the emo brat, the calloused warrior, the stubborn oak, the lost voice in the darkness.  The only part I have only glimpsed and know by stories is the ugly wrathful yoki.  So yes, there is a tiny part that is uglier inside.  You are more beautiful the closer I get to your heart.

((and for those who do not know her in RL, she has soul searching eyes, lips that demand to be kissed and a body designed for sin))

In the words of the great philosopher Jayne Cobb, I'll be in my bunk ....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some purchases are delivered in a prim to be unpacked with the viewer tools, others present a scripted prim that calls a server to deliver the product when touched.  One of these particularly amused me recently. 

I bought new male genetalia, rezzed the container, and clicked on it.  It said  "Your package will be delivered shortly."

*snerk* 

OK, deliver my ... package. That's what I paid for.  I'm still kinda having issues with the word "shortly" - that is not what I was promised.  

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8