Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

I think I need a drink tonight. The new person we hired to take my old position has resigned, two others are in the hospital and the fourth is out with her sister who is having a tough time with chemo. That leaves just me to enter all the invoices to be paid =x.x=

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I think I need a drink tonight. The new person we hired to take my old position has resigned, two others are in the hospital and the fourth is out with her sister who is having a tough time with chemo. That leaves just me to enter all the invoices to be paid =x.x=

I will send you an invoice. :D

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

That leaves just me to enter all the invoices to be paid =x.x=

So ... if no one else is there to check the invoices -- now this is just hypothetical -- what would happen if, say some anonymous person set up a fake invoice that went to a random bank account.  Totally random, mind you. If it is your bank account that's just coincidence. 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

Just got the email about this weekend.Unfortunately, Ill be out of town this weekend for a funeral. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again. :( Take lots of pictures for me!

I'm so sorry for your loss...and it is our loss that we won't see you! :(

11 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

@Akasha Sternberg: Next time you're at the Hangout, lemme know if you prefer the backdrops with or without "full bright*

will check in a min and get back to you

@Clover Jinx well F.... chemo´s a b...ch and cancer is a f.....in  a......le, plus being alone at work is meh, too... :( *hugs* love the Poltergeists though (I have to admit I had to surpress the initial reflex to type Poltergeister which would be the german plural... never had that happen... usually I have to surpress the urge to type English versions^^)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most of them, actually.  https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2058979/true#/invitation

10 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Thanks a bunch. I'm taking the later ones starting right after you. :)

Just heard that I have to get an MRI tomorrow at 12:45 SLT...so I will be a bit late. :(

• Sad 2

In an unusual turn of events, I am home all by myself this this morning.  Also for the first time in like for ever, every plate, pan and dish in the house is clean except for the coffee cup I am using now.  That wont last long because I am planning on playing in the kitchen this afternoon but for right now, it is spotless!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

In an unusual turn of events, I am home all by myself this this morning.  Also for the first time in like for ever, every plate, pan and dish in the house is clean except for the coffee cup I am using now.  That wont last long because I am planning on playing in the kitchen this afternoon but for right now, it is spotless!

I *knew* I should have played hooky today!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did say I was going to make a mess in the kitchen today, right?  Or at least I implied it.  In that regard I have been successful.  If the food is actually edible I'll be shocked ... :(

First course, the ironically named Zuppa Tuscana.  I couldn't find Itialian susage so I made my own.  I have done it before but today ... I screwed it all up.  No fennel seeds and I tried to use sage, too.  It's passable but just barely.

Dessert is tiramisu(don't tell Clover since it's a surprise) and I was hopping back and front from whipping the marscapone and cream and whisking the zabaglion on a double boiler (you can't leave that part alone for more than 5 seconds or you get scrambled eggs).  I turned the mixer on high in my rush and splattered cream all over the counters.  When I reached for a rag to wipe it up I knocked soy sauce off my counter.  I saved the zabaglion at least. 

So .. I wiped up the big mess and needed to mop up the rest.  I have stained concrete floor in the kitchen so it's easy to just throw some water out and mop it up. 
However ...
The glass of water I picked up was what I had used to separate the egg whites in earlier.  Fortunately I caught myself before dumping it on the floor.
My life this afternoon is like Worst Cooks in America meets My Drunk Kitchen.

:(

/me sobs

I haven't started the main dish yet -- chicken marsala -- so there is hope yet that something will come out right.

And I'm out of brandy now.  Some of it went into the tiramisu, the rest went into a shot glass.

Good think I still have bourbon.

• Like 3