Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

2 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

As long as you don't turn and shout it at the corner of the room...

Really? If you had the opportunity to attend a presentation given by a crazy person, wouldn't you go? Long ago I taught an evening division tech course in circuit design. One evening I arrived a few minutes earlier than usual, wielding a hammer and a thin black trim nail. I drove the nail into the seam between the two sections of the chalkboard and left the room. I returned after the students had arrived, looking harried and trying to find a place to hang my coat. Finding nothing, I drew a hook around the invisible nail in the chalkboard and hung my coat on it.

The rest of the lecture was easy peasy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Laughs. As should be obvious to even the most casual observer, I enjoy public speaking. Spoutin' off is my gig, man. And I cheat, too. I still remember taking a debating/public speaking class in Community College the year after I graduated High School. One of our requirements was to participate in a debate, one on one. I think we were assigned both the topic and which 'side' we'd be on. We had a week or something to prepare and I worked hard on (pre-internet) research and creating my talking points.

But the killer was a trick. I pulled out a recent copy of the Los Angeles Times, showed the front page to everyone, and then opened the first section and announced, "Let me read an article from Page 2 of the [whatever date] L.A. Times".

I then read aloud the article. It backed up my debating points perfectly, with examples and references (which you'd expect, since I had typed it up myself and then scotch-taped it onto Page 2 of the Times). He never asked to see it himself, nor did anyone else. I simply folded the newspaper back up and we went on with the debate, but you could almost hear Don Meredith singing. I trounced him. :-)

• Like 4

I have been a lifelong cat person :-)  My current fuzzy friend is a tree-CLIMBER but he has yet to take it all the way over.  He just roosts up there below the star and looks superior to all of us :-)

giphy.gif

Note: This .gif is NOT my cat. 

My cat is a successful tree climber.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a new cat that we got last Feb and he loves exploring everything, climbing everywhere, and playing with anything that moves.  Part of me is glad that we decided to skip the tree this year since we will be gone for Christmas this year and none of the kids will be home at any time during the month. I can only image what my Charlie would do to a tree - even the somewhat small table top one that we've been using lately.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have a new cat that we got last Feb and he loves exploring everything, climbing everywhere, and playing with anything that moves.  Part of me is glad that we decided to skip the tree this year since we will be gone for Christmas this year and none of the kids will be home at any time during the month. I can only image what my Charlie would do to a tree - even the somewhat small table top one that we've been using lately.

I was going to skip some decorating this year, but at the last moment my son lucked into Christmas leave and I feel compelled to make the place look as normal as possible. 

The includes having a cat sitting in the top of my tree looking smug :-)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We had a climber as well, until he got so big that even he knew he'd knock over the tree if he climbed it. I'll never forget trying to decorate the tree while he was inside it. I'd hang an ornament and he'd bat it off the branch. I'd probably have continued the battle all night, but Mom wanted to hang her tinsel and banished both of us to the basement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Big changes for Maureen:  I gave up my island retreat on Myrth...I'd been there since October 2008!  Just didn't want to pay the monthly fee any longer.  I have a small plot in Bay City, and that will be my new home. :)  Since it is a small parcel, needless to say, my prim count/land impact limit is jussssst a tad smaller than I had on Myrth.  I feel like a noob all over again, looking for low LI furniture!

Suggestions for stores?

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio