Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I spent most of my sleep time waking up every few hours making a mental list of what I would need to do if the power wasn't back on by the time we got up in this morning.  Not only would I have to deal with refrigerator and freezer, but there would be NO WAY TO MAKE COFFEE.    :S    I'd have to immediately get dressed and drive to a coffee place - and buy like 2 or 3 or 4 LARGE ones.  :o

Power came back on at 5:05 am and I didn't have to get up this morning until 6:45.  Since hubby crawled out of bed around 6:00 or so, the coffee was ready when I got up.  :)  

• Like 4

A coffee drought is serious business.  It trumps my experience here yesterday.  I don't understand how, but Verizon's system in our area died totally for half the day, leaving this community with completely dead cell phones.  It was kinda nice not to get the normal barrage of robocalls, but the feeling of isolation was unnerving.  I'm glad I didn't have to report a fire .... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

You didn't miss it ... the IRS computers acted up so they extended the deadline to today.

Ahh - I briefly heard about that yesterday and then forgot about it.  I was wondering why Colorado extended their filing deadline to today.

• Like 2

This insomnia crap is getting old.  I truly looked at the clock every 15-30 minutes all freakin night.

image.png.6ef0d593616f4cd0708c570e04d78671.png 

What a cute kitten!  I don't know if the above 3 steps will help you fall asleep but the sheep are so darn adorable.  Below are some real tips to help you sleep better!

image.png.37f9aef5472822de56aa07d20767bf44.png

No TV or computer screens for at least an hour is a big help.  Reading a book is great and avoiding caffeine after 12 noon helps too.   Some people say a spoonful of honey or lemon juice helps sleep as well.   I am sure others will have some tips as well:) 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

Well, my forum activity during the work day may be coming to a halt.  I currently sit in a fairly isolated area where nobody can really see my screens unless they are actually walking past my cubicle.  However, they are consolidating space and moving folks around at the office.  Someone in our team recently left and so the boss wants to move me to her cube - closer to everyone else even though I don't really work with most of them.  Anyway, in that cube my monitors will be much more visible to people.  The person sitting across the aisle and back one cube will pretty much have a direct view to my screens.

*sigh*

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, my forum activity during the work day may be coming to a halt.  I currently sit in a fairly isolated area where nobody can really see my screens unless they are actually walking past my cubicle.  However, they are consolidating space and moving folks around at the office.  Someone in our team recently left and so the boss wants to move me to her cube - closer to everyone else even though I don't really work with most of them.  Anyway, in that cube my monitors will be much more visible to people.  The person sitting across the aisle and back one cube will pretty much have a direct view to my screens.

*sigh*

I hope we will not miss you entirely...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I hope we will not miss you entirely...

Well, I work from home normally one day a week and will soon be two - and I peruse the forums in the evening.  However, if they move me, I'll probably be limited to the first hour or two of my work day when pretty much nobody else is in yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.