Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

We're supposed to get high winds today and tomorrow. Not so much rain though... unless you consider tree parts falling from the sky precipitation.

Sounds like our forecast too. Allergies have ramped up, surprised my nose hasn't flown off my face yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

... unless you consider tree parts falling from the sky precipitation.

I do!

I woke up one morning last autumn, after a night of fearsome winds, to find my yard looking like the county brush dump. There were willow branches everywhere and the top of one of the big spruce trees in front of my house had split, leaving a 20 foot Christmas tree on my front walk. It was dead calm as I surveyed the mess, making it seem as if everything had just fallen out of the sky, under cover of darkness.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Added missing words, and the meaning that comes with them.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Sounds like our forecast too. Allergies have ramped up, surprised my nose hasn't flown off my face yet.

/me hands you a balaclava.

I'll need to watch carefully this afternoon if there is more wind. Some of the roads I drive on can easily become corrals.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh, HAIL no!

Sleet actually, since it was really small.  Basically the snow melts as it comes down and then freezes into teeny tiny pellets before it actually hits the ground or other objects.  Since it is so small, it can't cause any damage like hail does - thank goodness.  But it does smart a little when it hits you face if you are out walking in it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Next week we'll finally climb above freezing at night for the first time since Halloween. Pollen season is long off (probably late May at the rate we're warming), but it's coming. I have hundreds of spruce and cedar in my yard, and have witnessed amazing pollen storms over the years, tinting everything yellow. My favorites are when a cloudburst rains huge drops into the trees, causing little pollen explosions from the cones. They look like fireworks!

I can't get quite the explosion you see from this mountain cedar, but it's still fun to go out and shake my spruce when I see the first real signs of pollen on the hood of my car.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TatianaNikolay said:

We're supposed to get hit by a windstorm tonight, up to 50 mph. Hard to believe with the sun and blue sky.

Batten down the hatches!!

Keep safe lovely x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.66737fa20cb1ff37f1f691cea5fc59fb.png   Joe Friday wishes you all a great weekend.  "Just the facts ma'am" Cue the Dragnet theme song Dum de Dum Dum, Dum de Dum Dum!

I keep trying to remember the "Dragnet" theme, and all that keeps playing in my head is the theme for "Get Smart"!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I keep trying to remember the "Dragnet" theme, and all that keeps playing in my head is the theme for "Get Smart"!

bum .... Ba DUM pum
bum ... Ba Dum pum PUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx5GwULPU90

[ETA]
Do you need all my contact info like phone, email or address? 

[ETA2]
Peter Gunn is still the sexiest theme evah!

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.