Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Computer animator Joshua Slice has a hit on his hands...

I'd love to see @Parhelion Palou in a Lucas avatar.

Happy Monday, Kids!!!

You want to see me in a Lucas avatar because you've found a really big boot and you're looking for something to squash. Or you haven't roasted a spider in awhile. Lucas should be around 5 meters tall with a flamethrower attachment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

You want to see me in a Lucas avatar because you've found a really big boot and you're looking for something to squash. Or you haven't roasted a spider in awhile. Lucas should be around 5 meters tall with a flamethrower attachment.

You are such a cynic, Par. I actually like spiders, particularly fuzzies, babies, and fuzzy babies. One of my favorite movies is "The Giant Spider Invasion", which was filmed in Steven's Point, Wisconsin...

But, now that you mention it, Lucas does have fuzzy eyebrows I could singe, like I do now and then when trying to light my outdoor grill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, they can be quite pretty, unlike the ugly little things that pop out of 'em. But it's all improvement from there on out.

It's the reverse for wild turkeys. The eggs are nothing special, the poults are super cute, and it all goes to hell thereafter.

ETA: I found a folder of four photos on my Mac, so I must have made this comparison way back in 2013.

Baby falcon...

5ac528bc96d16_Falconrescuedchick-2weeksold.thumb.jpg.6bb5429f2475a7135b5179b45c40faae.jpg

All growed up...

Peregrine-falcon.jpg.f2a56a88ded59560482f4b225a571bf9.jpg

Baby turkey...

wild-turkey-chicks.jpg.1244ff441bf074b0955c9436d6a230b9.jpg

All growed up...

wild-turkey-morro-bay-7302.thumb.jpg.df1aaecf13ff895c4787369bf3eff61b.jpg

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

The bald eagles are like that. The eggs are plain, the eaglets are cute, then there's that awkward teenage fledgling stage and finally the majestic look when they are 4-5 years old.

Thanks for the link, the ladies and I here at the office really enjoy bird watching during the spring and summer.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.