Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

image.png.848560f6eefbed90d2291b077b2fb3e7.png 

Good Monday Morning Forum Readers:) 

Happy Birthday William (he passed on the same date he was born!).  As William would say on a Monday:

"To be or not to be (on Monday).  That is the question.  This above all; to thine own self be true (and pass the coffee)" :)

• Like 3

Taurus

April 24th, 2018

You’re amazed by all the lovely people in your life and all the wonderful possibilities there are to pursue now. Although you normally choose the security of certainty over the insecurity of the unknown, your current restlessness lures you into unfamiliar territory. You’re ready and willing to embrace whatever the future might hold. Nevertheless, your sense of urgency is actually a sign that you don’t have to make up your mind so fast. Do what you do best: let common sense be your guide and pleasure your principle.

• Like 3

Capricorn

April 24th, 2018

People may present you with their plans today in the hope of receiving your approval, but you might not be able to give them the encouraging words they seek. You wish you could eagerly jump on someone’s bandwagon with your positive feedback. However, you’re a bit too cautious to get involved in something that might turn out to be nothing more than a major distraction. But don’t turn your wary eye into a negative rant. There’s no reason to take the wind out of another person’s sails just because you're not interested in boarding their boat. Being honest is not an excuse to be unkind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Capricorn

April 24th, 2018

People may present you with their plans today in the hope of receiving your approval, but you might not be able to give them the encouraging words they seek. You wish you could eagerly jump on someone’s bandwagon with your positive feedback. However, you’re a bit too cautious to get involved in something that might turn out to be nothing more than a major distraction. But don’t turn your wary eye into a negative rant. There’s no reason to take the wind out of another person’s sails just because you're not interested in boarding their boat. Being honest is not an excuse to be unkind.

*coughs* I get carried away waaaaay too easily xD

• Like 2

zb37xktfohj2eataf13l.png

Taurus

You’ll slowly start to see the value of improving communication in all your relationships, if only to better understand what the frantic firemen are trying to tell you.

gtkh22trxkwz1zdoubho.png

Capricorn

You might think it’s wrapped up nice and neat and you can just wash your hands of the thing, but it’s a baby, for Christ’s sake.

ripmompixvxi4awhy0am.png

Leo

Mars rising in your sign usually indicates increased conflict in life, but in this case it means the orbital plane of Earth has shifted and we are all about to die.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Cartoon Characters Signs :D

Taurus - Homer Simpson (May 12)

Taurus positive expression: “I have.”

Taurus negative expression: “I indulge.”

Taurus is known for their love for food, family and physical satisfaction. Homer Simpson truly fits this character as a man whose primary identity in the show is the role of a father and a husband. It is well known that Taurus may easily become slaves to inertia and overeating, all depicting Homer quite well. He often dreams of donuts! His loyalty towards his friends, Lenny, Carl and Barney, is a reflection on the loyal nature of Taurus people, as well as the closeness he has with them in his everyday life.

Taurus is a gentle sign, they prefer comfort and security over combativeness. The sign of the bull is not actually prone to battle. It takes a lot to get a Taurus angry. But when the bull is pushed too far, they can get quite belligerent and shaking their irritation can take some time to achieve. Tauruses don’t forget abuses very easily. When treated well Taurus can be quite generous and easygoing. Taurus usually prides themselves on creating a life of harmony and comfort. They want the good things in life and will work hard to achieve them!

Capricorn - Princess Cadence, My Little Pony

Capricorns positive expression: “I use”

Capricorn’s negative expression: “I inhibit”

Princess Cadence is ruler of the Crystal Empire, she is sophisticated and devoted. There's lots of competition in the world of ponies, and she's a leader. She is also very insecure and worried about what other ponies think, as evidenced on her wedding day where she was in full freak out mode. Yet like all Capricorns she overcomes difficulty and is truly strong. People who were born when the Sun was in Capricorn are marked by a steady disposition and an ability to work hard to overcome the obstacles that life may place along their path.

The sign that is represented by the Goat conveys an ability to “chew over” an issue before making firm decisions. Capricorns often take a pragmatic, realistic and sometimes cynical approach to how they view life. This can make them appear to others to be stern or hard to get to know, but Capricorns are no less emotional or sensitive than any other sign. In fact, behind their practical dispositions they are often extremely sensitive idealists! The early responsibilities and setbacks of life usually make them cautious about putting this part of themselves completely “out there.”

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Somebody forgot to tell Colorado that it is supposed to be Spring.  Enough of this sleet and snow crap already.

We finally climbed into the 50s yesterday. I still have piles of snow in my yard, but they're quickly vanishing. Way back when I was in college, we had a snowfall on May 10th that damaged lots of trees in the yard, as they were fully leafed out. I imagine that globally, 2018 will be another record hot year. I hope that doesn't hold true for our local areas, or it's gonna be a scorching summer and we'll all be wishing for snow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

We finally climbed into the 50s yesterday. I still have piles of snow in my yard, but they're quickly vanishing. Way back when I was in college, we had a snowfall on May 10th that damaged lots of trees in the yard, as they were fully leafed out. I imagine that globally, 2018 will be another record hot year. I hope that doesn't hold true for our local areas, or it's gonna be a scorching summer and we'll all be wishing for snow.

As much as I whine, it is quite common for us to get snow all the way through mid to late May.  Winter coats are not put away until Memorial Day around here and winter bedding doesn't come off of the beds until the same time.  Even if the lawn mower comes out in April, the snowblower stays handy until the end of May also.  We often get late snows that bring down branches, or even entire trees, due to the leafing that has already happened.  Most years, we get a snow & cold snap right after the trees and bushes start budding, which kills the buds and thus I almost never get to actually see the flowers.  It was only a few years ago that we had a horrid snow and hard freeze on Mother's Day.  I lost a huge 30-yr old bing cherry tree that day because the sap froze.

We have had some beautiful days in the 70s already - that is what spoils me and makes me whine more when it goes icky again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Living on the shore of Lake Michigan, I'm in a micro-climate that's two weeks behind people living just a mile or two inland. "Cooler near the Lake" is a well worn phrase around here. Friends will be enjoying their blooming crabapple trees before I even see buds. The virtue of my patience is evident in August when my western neighbors are sweltering in 90 degree heat and I'm mowing my lawn in long sleeves. When cold weather comes, the lake moderates that, too. My first frost usually comes a couple weeks later than those who live inland.

This spring is as late as one four or five years ago was early. Then, my daffodils bloomed just after Valentine's Day. By the looks of things on my morning walk through the woods today, I'm still a week away from seeing the first splashes of yellow this year.

• Like 2

image.png.f3d48b88e114036a89d45410e4d66dbc.png 

Brick Tamland wishes you all a very sunny Wednesday!  As Brick would say, "people like me because I'm polite and I am rarely late.  I like ice cream and wearing pants."   Matter of fact he would like to extend you an invitation to a pants party!

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1