Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

I don't know why, but all day (yeah its already far into the afternoon here...) I have been thinking it is Wednesday.... That was quite a disappointment when I finaly opend my scheduler and noticed the day...

But anyways, happy Tuesday!

tuesday.PNG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I don't know why, but all day (yeah its already far into the afternoon here...) I have been thinking it is Wednesday.... That was quite a disappointment when I finaly opend my scheduler and noticed the day...

Oh, how I know that disappointment, Zeta.

It usually happens when I wake on Sunday, thinking it's Monday.

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

image.png.e2bd77d9fb047bf9cbd480ffe783af1e.png

image.png.60ab495449166bc043bbc8b4fc609737.png  

Happy Tuesday, May 8th!  In this day in history the US Postal Service was founded in 1794 and Coca Cola was invented by Atlanta pharmacist John Pemberton in 1886.  So as you open your mail today and sip on your favorite Coke (Diet Coke Yay), be very thankful on this day!

Fun Facts: 

The Coca-Cola brand is worth an estimated $74 billion: more than Budweiser, Pepsi, Starbucks and Red Bull combined

The Postal Service processes and delivers 506.4 million mailpieces each day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

Fun Facts: 

The Coca-Cola brand is worth an estimated $74 billion: more than Budweiser, Pepsi, Starbucks and Red Bull combined

The Postal Service processes and delivers 506.4 million mailpieces each day.

Now I want to mail Coke to someone.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

/me plops down by the fire and gulps her wine.

Well, I saw Avengers - Infinity War today.  I'm sorry I did.  It was a horrible movie in almost every respect.  POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOLLOW.  You have been warned. (/me thumbs her nose in the direction of Stan Lee and Thanos.)

• Presentation.  The screen was too dark.  This may have been the theater's fault...the pre-movie ad reel (which they did tell me was on a different projector) was so dim as to be unwatchable.  But the feature presentation was dark, too, though not nearly so much.  Maybe if you pay extra to see it in iMax or 3D it'd be better.
  • Cinematography.  I have this complaint about most of today's movie action sequences.  They are so close up, and so fast, that you literally can't tell what's going on.
  • Characters.  I have never been a dedicated follower of every Marvel superhero...so there were a lot of these guys and their back stories I didn't even know.
  • Characters, again.  Look, I know these are comic book heroes.  But just about everyone in the movie was terribly one-dimensional...except Thanos, the villain of the piece.  His reasoning was pretty stupid (see below), but he, at least, had moments of inner conflict.  He made personal sacrifices for what he believed was right.  I liked him quite a lot more than I like most villains.
  • Characters, yet again.  The Hulk has never been my favorite Marvel character; I can't relate well to a person who has almost no mind and whose only solution to a problem is to smash it.  But Bruce Banner...now, there's a sympathetic character.  The ultimate in impulse-control issues.  And yet, in this movie, the Hulk/Banner is used for nothing but a little light comic relief.
  • I never have liked the "huge team-up of every known superhero to save the universe" stories, even in the comics.  There's just far too much to keep track of.
  • Plot.  Someone else already had pointed out to me the terrible plot hole involving Gamora.  If she wanted to keep Thanos from learning her secret, why didn't she just go with the other half of the mission?  But there's an even bigger one.  Thanos is all-powerful if he gets all the Infinity Stones, right?  Right.  His goal is to reduce universal overpopulation, and his reasoning is that there aren't enough resources to go around.  So, instead of wiping out half the population of the universe and making the entire remaining half totally annoyed with him, why not just reduce everyone's fertility by 50% and let nature take its course quietly?  Problem solved within a generation.
  • Plot, again.  The whole central idea that there are six little jewels created at the beginning of time that control...everything...is just silly.
  • The ending is a complete and utter cliffhanger...a blatant demand that you wait two or three years and then shell out for another ticket to find out What Happens Next.  After sitting through 2 1/2 hours of desperate combat, it felt like the producers just said, "...and then the villain wins.  Everyone dies.  Have a nice day."  I felt completely disrespected by the cynical jerks.  I should have realized they had this attitude when I bought the tickets.  They included a "free" movie poster...just send $7.95 for postage and handling.

There were some cool things.  I laughed at some of the lines of banter.  The technical wizardry that did things like making Thanos really appear to be like 15 feet tall was amazing.  Overall though, it was a waste of money and an afternoon.  I'm looking forward to The Incredibles 2.  "Solo" might be good too, although I thoroughly disliked Rogue One, the first installment of the Star Wars Spinoffs.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 3

I saw Avengers tonight (NO SPOILERS HERE) and paid extra for the Dolby experience. 20 minutes in, one of my contacts acts up. Uh oh. I end up pulling it out right In the dark theatre, pour some water on it on my hand and plop it back in ... still no good. I try again. Nope. This contact has outlived its time and has been acting up for days. I should have known better. After much squinting and doing the contact dance, I ditch the contact and watch the rest of the movie half blind.

i was with hubby and didn’t want to ruin his experience. If it was just me, I’d have asked to change my tickets. 

Im still impressed that I managed to not lose the contact twice in an attempt to clean it in the dark. That’s some special powers right there.

edit: to anyone grossed out ... I had just washed my hands before the movie started 

Edited by Nalytha
  • Like 3

Oh, and another annoying thing.  Way too many of the male superheroes look like twins, or at least cousins.  Dr. Strange, Thor, Iron Man and Captain America all have dark hair and beards.  Dr. Strange and Tony Stark, well, OK.  But I still think of Thor as a clean-shaven blond hunk.  And Cap with a beard?  That's Un-American!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

/me plops down by the fire and gulps her wine.

Well, I saw Avengers - Infinity War today.  I'm sorry I did.  It was a horrible movie in almost every respect. 

14 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, and another annoying thing.  Way too many of the male superheroes look like twins, or at least cousins.  Dr. Strange, Thor, Iron Man and Captain America all have dark hair and beards.  Dr. Strange and Tony Stark, well, OK.  But I still think of Thor as a clean-shaven blond hunk.  And Cap with a beard?  That's Un-American!

/me offers Lindal some more wine

image.png.bed06fa38947a7fb3ef9fd9dc6e0ada2.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I get bit, scratched, stung and knocked into walls by large animals on a daily basis, but I hurt myself mopping at home.

Housework can be deadly.

It can indeed Cinn. I am glad you are okay. Mops can be deadly!

Good morning all! Happy peak of the week!

Peace!

SMILETODAY.JPG

11bbe66071c6d67a0fc41d3b770ae487.jpg

wiggle-wiggle-wednesday.jpg

lulu-tax-refund.jpg

28194365ca20205c8f1a78b153e6486a--retrohumor-retro-art.jpg

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 4

Happy Hump Day Y'all Remember to give your dog groomer a high five thank you for taking care of your furry friends.  Also, check out you tube about the Dad who picked up the wrong dog from the groomers hehe.  Haven't we all been there before:)

image.png.cf8e047eb4002ec095230a3b822c34a4.png 

image.png.268583efb7c748f115cc87803bb7448f.png

• Like 3

Happy Thursday Everyone! 

image.png.87274dc3c6a1711835870aeb6bbc2ed4.png

For those of you suffering watery eyes, sneezing, and itchy skin thought this would make you feel better:D  Here is another deep thought for the day:

image.png.47686a410a221d06512f0a395ba67321.png  Really for deep thoughts you cannot beat the Dalai Lama! 

• Like 4

image.png.9f24ed4d34c3f549a063b5f699c61609.png  image.png.4e9fb2a74ab8f047469b0da2eb3fe28e.png

Graduation Friday around my neck of the work woods this day!  Congratulations to all of the Class of 2018:D

image.thumb.png.74c3afd90c4ad55dcf08207f537e0fab.png

Steve Jobs, Stanford University Commencement Speech:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish."    Good advice!

• Like 3