New Body: Legacy Bombshell.

Jade Varela

So, has anyone bought the new Legacy Bombshell Body? I tried the demo, and it's okay. The breast seems nice but still needs some work. To me, it's more of a Reborn mock-up. Again, this is another body for the over saturated market. I will still be sticking to classic. Thoughts?

• Like 2

Looks pretty good to me but the difference is not that big since the lower body didn't change. Its more of a breast addon than a whole body make over, like I expected when I first heard about it. The difference between Legacy and Bombshell in my opinion, is not as big as the difference between Reborn and the Reborn Waifu chest addon, let alone the Mounds addon. I'm not tempted to get it right now. 

Edited by Ze Helix
  • Like 3

In the grand tradition of "This meeting could have been an e-mail," my take is This body could have been a mod. Literally the only difference in the body is the chest. 

Reborn wants L$750 each for Waifu Boobs and Juicy Boobs. Maitreya's Petite Add-on is L$599 and Flat is L$499. It's half off now for launch, but Legacy will want a full L$5,000 for a body whose only appreciable change could have been an under L$1,000 add-on. 

• Like 15

Price aside I personally don't like the look of it at all. If I were shopping for a new body now (new account or whatever) I would not buy this one even for 2.5k. I like Reborn these days, but even if it was "too much" for me I'd pick regular Legacy over this one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

In the grand tradition of "This meeting could have been an e-mail," my take is This body could have been a mod. Literally the only difference in the body is the chest. 

Reborn wants L$750 each for Waifu Boobs and Juicy Boobs. Maitreya's Petite Add-on is L$599 and Flat is L$499. It's half off now for launch, but Legacy will want a full L$5,000 for a body whose only appreciable change could have been an under L$1,000 add-on. 

With Maitreya Petite or Flat, you also get both an add-on and a full body (if you also have the Maitreya body).

• Like 3

i can't remember where i was, but thinking i was clicking to cam something I managed to enter a contest to win a Bombshell body. I saw on the small print that the winner(s) would be choose by AI which gives everyone a fair chance. To see the only real difference with Bombshell is the títs gives me just that little bit more of a reason to dislike the TMP meshbody Lagacy brand. this change could have been handled by a sub L$1k add-on like other bodies rather than forcing people to spend L$5k on a full body to get it. for that reason I don't see it doing too well 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

With Maitreya Petite or Flat, you also get both an add-on and a full body (if you also have the Maitreya body).

I don't think you still can buy the old V5.3 body and the add-ons in the store. It's the full version of LaraX, LaraX Petite and LaraX flat. All at 2750 Lindens. And I don't know that you get the old V5.3 with the flat and petite add-on with the LaraX Petite & LaraX Flat bodies, as I haven't tested that out yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I don't think you still can buy the old V5.3 body and the add-ons in the store. It's the full version of LaraX, LaraX Petite and LaraX flat. All at 2750 Lindens. And I don't know that you get the old V5.3 with the flat and petite add-on with the LaraX Petite & LaraX Flat bodies, as I haven't tested that out yet.

Addons are still available.  PetiteX and FlatX each also include the 5.3 versions.  The PetiteX and FlatX Full versions, also include 5.3 versions, are separate purchases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saturation point for me. 

I chuckled to myself when I thought if I produced clothes for all "pretty" bodies being produced and then I sold on MP, after I added the tiny logos of each there would be no room on the Ad Pic for the actual item I was selling.  Like a nightmare collage of colors and words and icons and thinking as a newer user figuring out in all that which body is/not Bento and neck gaps and fades feet that come in only flat (or not) and oh that doesn't come with a head too for that cost? ... Saturation point.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I keep hearing that the lower body is the same.. So I'm curious.. do the classic and perky also have that bit gap in the crotch?

When I demoed the Bombshell one of the first things that jumped out was the gap right above the inner thigh and the crotch.

So all the female bodies have that gap too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I keep hearing that the lower body is the same.. So I'm curious.. do the classic and perky also have that bit gap in the crotch?

When I demoed the Bombshell one of the first things that jumped out was the gap right above the inner thigh and the crotch.

Ya know, I just got a redelivery of the regular Legacy to see the difference between it and the bombshell.  All I have to say is that I'm so glad I moved on from Legacy.  That HUD was a royal PITA.  I tossed the whole thing in frustration.  Sorry, not sorry.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yes the perky, perky petite and regular legacy body all have the exact same lower body. The gap you mention doesn't bother me, perhaps it depends on shape or perhaps its just personal preference and what stands out to you won't stand out to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ze Helix said:

Yes the perky, perky petite and regular legacy body all have the exact same lower body. The gap you mention doesn't bother me, perhaps it depends on shape or perhaps its just personal preference and what stands out to you won't stand out to me. 

I was just curious because I hadn't noticed it with the other bodys.. But ya I see it now.. I haven't worn them in so long so, it had me curious..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ze Helix said:

The difference between Legacy and Bombshell in my opinion, is not as big as the difference between Reborn and the Reborn Waifu chest addon, let alone the Mounds addon.

I thought the difference was almost perfectly equal. And that was the issue. That it's really just a 'chest mod' with the remainder being unchanged.

Waifu and Mounds are exactly to that - to the point that you can rez them out, rez out reborn, and unlink the visually obvious parts of reBorn that they replace, then either link waifu / mounds or just wear them independently - with no seams.

And the comments have been implying Bombshell is either this, or changes even more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I got the demo, but then thought ';what do I want another body for?' and deleted it without trying it.  Yawwwn...

5 hours ago, Kyrie Deka said:

Saturation point for me. 

I think a LOT of people will have this issue with any new body.

But I also think Bombshell is hitting a mostly untapped market:

A thinner bottom on a busty top as an officially supported item.

reBorn is "almost" this, but it's bottom is more fuller (but does dial down to almost freya levels). However if someone wanted a thin frame body with a busty look - bombshell is now it. Not saying it does a great job of it (I didn't mess with the demo enough to decide), but they are trying to wedge into an unsaturated part of the demand.

However if you were not looking for that kind of look - the body has no value and the existing choices are very well supported so there's a lot of 'why bother'.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Good question. I did attach the legacy version of 'Phat P' and it fit seamlessly.  But I'd have to grab a legacy demo to compare.

3 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

...But I also think Bombshell is hitting a mostly untapped market:

A thinner bottom on a busty top as an officially supported item.

reBorn is "almost" this, but it's bottom is more fuller (but does dial down to almost freya levels). However if someone wanted a thin frame body with a busty look - bombshell is now it. Not saying it does a great job of it (I didn't mess with the demo enough to decide), but they are trying to wedge into an unsaturated part of the demand.

It sounds like Legacy is trying to create a body that Slink Hourglass and Belleza Freya used to fill for this body shape.

Maybe Belleza should reconsider their abandonment of their older bodies?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Lara X comes with Lara V5.3

Lara X Petite comes with a Lara Petite v5.3 full body version.

LaraX Flat  also comes with a v5.3 full body version

You can also get the addons in the store  Flat X and flat addons come together, as well as petite x petite come together. 

This way you can just get Lara X and then get addons if you wanted, rather than buying a body for each feature.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I thought the difference was almost perfectly equal. And that was the issue. That it's really just a 'chest mod' with the remainder being unchanged.

Yeah, we agree that the only thing changing is the breast shape. What I meant by it having less difference was that the breast shape change of bombshell vs legacy is not as obvious as reborn vs waifu. Which for me gives it less value. I might buy something that is quite different but I have no reason to spend on something that is almost what I already have.

The fact that they are charging the full body price for just a chest mod is a separate issue. It's annoying and bad customer service, but they did the same thing with perky and I bought that. So that alone isn't enough to keep me away.

Edited by Ze Helix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2024 at 3:21 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Ya know, I just got a redelivery of the regular Legacy to see the difference between it and the bombshell.  All I have to say is that I'm so glad I moved on from Legacy.  That HUD was a royal PITA.  I tossed the whole thing in frustration.  Sorry, not sorry.

You know what, I have had similar problems but there is a guy who published a nice tutorial how he set up the body whin few mins. There are some menu buttons are very hidden and to find them out its like if you would play Lotto. I did it and it worked but I will neither become a fan of the hud. *giggles

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 3:31 PM, Jade Varela said:

So, has anyone bought the new Legacy Bombshell Body? I tried the demo, and it's okay. The breast seems nice but still needs some work. To me, it's more of a Reborn mock-up. Again, this is another body for the over saturated market. I will still be sticking to classic. Thoughts?

Yes, I did waste my Lindens on it but haven't had the time yet to check it out because I did waste my time and Lindens first on the magical Genus Morph 4k head and helped someone with the set up. 

• Like 1