New Body: Legacy Bombshell.

Jade Varela

I don't think the market is oversaturated for this body type.  If someone is looking and hasn't gone in this direction yet it might be really good option.  I'm going by bigger boobs and not a huge butt concept that I keep hearing about so makes me think about a true hourglass figure.   I haven't demo'd  it though since I'm finally happy with what I have.   I'd been looking for exactly this type of body .. with good clothing support since I gave up on Belleza Freya a couple years ago.  I have made the body I love with Reborn now .. Waifu add-ons and a butt deformer. I know the clothing support is great too... my inventory is packed with stuff that fits well.

For me it sounds like what I have now I just had to work hard to have it....  but it still is Legacy selling it, and it's no mod and you need that danged outside server to work,  and I already broke down and bought Legacy when I was searching so there is no upgrade possibility so kinda feel ripped off .. and no assurance of support from creators that will make flattering clothing in bulk for it.. and, and, and..... so yeah for me too little, too late. Hasn't stopped me from hitting the raffle boards though ..

I just think for someone still looking that doesn't want to wear add-ons, I can absolutely see them using it. More power to them.. I'll be glad to see more shapes like mine out there even if I'm not wearing the body.  I just hope selfishly that it doesn't dig too far in to the support waifu gets.

Edited by Chery Amore
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It sounds like Legacy is trying to create a body that Slink Hourglass and Belleza Freya used to fill for this body shape.

Maybe Belleza should reconsider their abandonment of their older bodies?

Yes..... I Just Love my Belleza Freya.

I Brought the New BellezaX Curvy but its Just. Not. Freya . .

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Manu Mysterious said:

You know what, I have had similar problems but there is a guy who published a nice tutorial how he set up the body whin few mins. There are some menu buttons are very hidden and to find them out its like if you would play Lotto. I did it and it worked but I will neither become a fan of the hud. *giggles

I know how it's SUPPOSED to work but it's still a PITA.  I had some old styles (lingerie) in the Style section which I was able to put on and it took FOREVER trying to get them to hide and then it hid part of my body.  It was and always will be the worst HUD of any body I've owned.  

And why do they have shiny on by default.  Why does any head or body?

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I'd been looking for exactly this type of body .. with good clothing support since I gave up on Belleza Freya a couple years ago.  I have made the body I love with Reborn now .. Waifu add-ons and a butt deformer. I know the clothing support is great too... my inventory is packed with stuff that fits well.

^ This ^

When the big bottom trend hit SL, body creators acted like no one would want a big bust without a big bottom too. They seemed to forget that big boobs on an otherwise smaller figure have always been popular with some people. Look at Marilyn Monrore, Jane Mansfield, Dolly Parton, Madonna, and probably half the female adult film stars.

Belleza GenX Classic looks ok, but it's not an improvement over Freya for me. I loved Belleza Isis too, but it never caught on as an alternative to Maitreya Lara, and LaraX now fills that body niche for me.

I don't personally like the Reborn shape, but it's a good-looking, versatile body for plenty of other people. Legacy looks good, but it has plenty of other problems besides it's high price.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Added comma
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

When the big bottom trend hit SL

You inspired me to google the Spinal Tap song, "Big Bottoms".  Even though it is satire, maybe the song is not quite PC enough for our "Listening to" thread!

Big bottom, big bottom

Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em

Big bottom drive me out of my mind

How could I leave this behind?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chery Amore said:

I don't think the market is oversaturated for this body type.  If someone is looking and hasn't gone in this direction yet it might be really good option.  I'm going by bigger boobs and not a huge butt concept that I keep hearing about so makes me think about a true hourglass figure.   I haven't demo'd  it though since I'm finally happy with what I have.   I'd been looking for exactly this type of body .. with good clothing support since I gave up on Belleza Freya a couple years ago.  I have made the body I love with Reborn now .. Waifu add-ons and a butt deformer. I know the clothing support is great too... my inventory is packed with stuff that fits well.

For me it sounds like what I have now I just had to work hard to have it....  but it still is Legacy selling it, and it's no mod and you need that danged outside server to work,  and I already broke down and bought Legacy when I was searching so there is no upgrade possibility so kinda feel ripped off .. and no assurance of support from creators that will make flattering clothing in bulk for it.. and, and, and..... so yeah for me too little, too late. Hasn't stopped me from hitting the raffle boards though ..

I just think for someone still looking that doesn't want to wear add-ons, I can absolutely see them using it. More power to them.. I'll be glad to see more shapes like mine out there even if I'm not wearing the body.  I just hope selfishly that it doesn't dig too far in to the support waifu gets.

Prima was one of the bodies that went this direction, But they messed up with their release and really didn't get the word out, let alone really didn't have creators set up ahead of time..

Let alone, they released on the same day that Gen X did and had their booth in the corner of one of the smaller events..  I remember circling that even like three times before I found it..

It was a nice looking body, but right out of the gate just no real support and  bad PR.. I think that was Tonic's New and improved mesh bodies..

They had a few versions  that came out. Like a curvy and classic or something like that and maybe a slim?   I got it because if you had a tonic body before that, you could get a discount on the new ones..

The funny thing was, I didn't even know I had a tonic body before that.. hehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

...big boobs on an otherwise smaller figure have always been popular with some people. Look at Marilyn Monrore...

I don't think that description fits Marilyn Monroe too accurately.

Her chest looked fairly average compared to the rest of her. I suspect there was a lot of shapewear shenanigans going on to emphasize different areas here and there, but she never seemed overly busty to me at all. I got a whole other vibe from that Legacy body. That chest was massive.

Yay, an excuse to link some gifs/pics from my favorite Monroe films:

abfa31bc4e40c809f25bc96ab1703c8d.gif

5b83edc370106296b87f87d1e89174f0abfdce11

LXN_9j.gif

500full-marilyn-monroe.jpg

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQ

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

On 3/19/2024 at 10:03 AM, Ditto Darkfold said:

Yes..... I Just Love my Belleza Freya.

I Brought the New BellezaX Curvy but its Just. Not. Freya . .

Yeah. They took away aspects of the curves that I liked, and it just didn't have the same appeal.

Freya was largely "tossed" because of a few flaws that the maker stated he was not able to fix without breaking clothes compatibility.

Ok, fine. But the new body that replaced it could have been 99% the same, with just the fixes, and a caution that "some old freya items will no longer fit this new body.

Supposedly one of these is a 'bump' up near the top of the torso close to the neck - but I can't find it right now. Maybe it was this but I'm not sure:

image.png.dbb1347532ff009d32e8c68a55cb0997.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:18 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

^ This ^

When the big bottom trend hit SL, body creators acted like no one would want a big bust without a big bottom too. They seemed to forget that big boobs on an otherwise smaller figure have always been popular with some people. Look at Marilyn Monrore, Jane Mansfield, Dolly Parton, Madonna, and probably half the female adult film stars.

Probably less Monroe and more Dolly Parton.

reBorn is 'adjustable enough' to almost be what a lot of people want - but it's still more of a replacement for kupra than for freya. Kupra itself was a "less absurd than Skiing" but was still 'too much' and felt cartoony. At least to me. reBorn feels like "this body type - minus the attempt to be some weird stereotype."

This new bombshell from legacy is more of a Dolly Parton / Pamela Anderson figure to my eyes. Or at least an attempt to be in that space (the thigh gap issue makes it a bit more cartoon than would be ideal).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Yeah. They took away aspects of the curves that I liked, and it just didn't have the same appeal.

Freya was largely "tossed" because of a few flaws that the maker stated he was not able to fix without breaking clothes compatibility.

Ok, fine. But the new body that replaced it could have been 99% the same, with just the fixes, and a caution that "some old freya items will no longer fit this new body.

Supposedly one of these is a 'bump' up near the top of the torso close to the neck - but I can't find it right now. Maybe it was this but I'm not sure:

image.png.dbb1347532ff009d32e8c68a55cb0997.png

If that's one of the minor flaws, removing that bump would not prevent wearing existing Freya mesh clothing. Even if it makes a few necklaces float a bit, big deal.

I don't care about the genital additions on GenX. I'm still gonna wear Freya rather than GenX Classic when I want a fuller figure. Erika is nice too, but it has fewer clothes made for it than as GenX has.

Note: If you compare the bodies closely while wearing the same shape, GenX Classic is fairly close to the Freya hourglass shape. GenX curvy is a bit more like the Reborn pear-shaped body. Except for a small shadow on the toes and maybe a bit of difference at the crotch and nipples, skins made for GenX and the old Belleza bodies are interchangeable too.

Since nobody in their right mind is buying the older female Belleza bodies now, I wish they'd either sell them as a pack of 3 at a greatly reduced price or update Isis and Freya, while giving out Venus for $L 1.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

Yeah the bump @Rowan Amore posted is what I was thinking of, but I couldn't get it when I tried to make a screenshot a moment ago. As far as I know - that bump will "survive" any attempt to shape dial it away... Elsewhere in the thread when I had said Freya had a neck to head join issue - that bump is what I meant, rather than an actual neck seam like much older bodies and heads often had.

• Like 1

I like the new body, especially because the breasts look like they are effected by gravity, it looks more realistic than Special edition, plus the way they created is much better, for creation.

I will not be moving on from legacy, I don't really use the hud for much stuff, other than alpha-ing out things, because you don't need the hud for anything really. I've never cared for any of the huds, the media for the hud isn't for the better part so it's redundant. You don't even need to go into that section at all, you can just use the commands or use the comman hud in the welcoming box.. I treat it like I treat reborn hud, alpha only.

Bombshell was, also, 2500, I like it as much as I like Reborn, because it makes me think of a Skinnier reborn, but legacy style and more slimmer and has waifu boobs but they're not shaped the same.

I won't be going to maitreya, it's a nice body but I think Legacy is much more beautiful, for a body

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 2:19 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't think that description fits Marilyn Monroe too accurately.

Her chest looked fairly average compared to the rest of her. I suspect there was a lot of shapewear shenanigans going on to emphasize different areas here and there, but she never seemed overly busty to me at all. I got a whole other vibe from that Legacy body. That chest was massive.

Yay, an excuse to link some gifs/pics from my favorite Monroe films:

abfa31bc4e40c809f25bc96ab1703c8d.gif

5b83edc370106296b87f87d1e89174f0abfdce11

LXN_9j.gif

500full-marilyn-monroe.jpg

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQ

Monroe was more of a Legacy Perky, imo.

• Like 2

I checked out the demo this morning. It isn't bad, actually. It's a shape I can get behind: Reborn without the caboose.

I might grab it while the sale is still ongoing.

It was a little hit or miss on my Waifu rigged tops. I don't have a lot so the sample set is small.

I demoed it with my daughter the other day. She loved it and since it was on sale, she got it. I was a little more meh and wait and see about it. 

The nipples seemed a little too high up to me and the thigh gap bothered me. I feel like you’re locked into a certain size and look. If you deviate from that and throw on a deformer or two, you have reborn with waifu.

speaking of an untapped niche: didn’t khara do this? Or was the butt too big? I thought that was a nicer body and a little more versatile. It had pretty decent support until Lara X came out. I’m just curious, what was wrong with that one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

speaking of an untapped niche: didn’t khara do this? Or was the butt too big? I thought that was a nicer body and a little more versatile. It had pretty decent support until Lara X came out. I’m just curious, what was wrong with that one?

Khara is more like Lara if anything, and just odd looking. Probably as visually unappealing body as Slink's, especially original female one. Obviously a subjective opinion, but given how it didn't do well I'd say it's what most people thought about it.

And market really didn't need/want another not pretty take on Lara, so it didn't reach even 200 users detected so far I believe, bonnies didn't detect even a single user of it in last 24h, too. And that's with their non stop giveaways. It's actually a miracle it got any clothes at all with such numbers.

20 hours ago, Zallia Creeley said:

It's a shape I can get behind: Reborn without the caboose.

It's nothing like a Reborn. Bottom half is literally a legacy/perky, with zero changes, and chest is also nothing close to either original Reborn's or waifus. It's very implant-like, which I dislike a lot.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

got the pinup body yesterday... disappointing. there were obvious seams (lines) along the shoulders after wearing your skin, as if you are wearing an armour. not sure anyone has mounds for reborn, but at least the seams on mounds are along the underbust area and not obvious. also the waist (near to belly) area another seam.... comparing waifu to pinup bust shape, waifu absolutely scores better. the nips on pinup is too perky and doesn't look natural. the bust is also not perfectly round at the base compared to waifu. you can see straight angles and corners (sorry don't known how to better describe it)... my advise is not to get this until it gets better with another update

• Like 2