Are you Having a F'ing Laugh....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Investigating - Some Second Life Inventory services are currently experiencing issues. During this time, some Second Life services may be slow or non-functional including, but not limited to: inventory management, delivering purchases from the marketplace, and object rezzing. We are investigating, and will update this blog as soon as we can with additional details.
Jan 27, 2024 - 13:49 PST"

Total FAIL, cloud continually, could not change stream for my event and apparently banned from changing any estate setting in my own estate.

Sort it out SL.  Not just "issues", for most of us it is inability to do what we do. TOTAL FAIL.

Edited by Magnus Brody
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Magnus Brody said:

"Investigating - Some Second Life Inventory services are currently experiencing issues. During this time, some Second Life services may be slow or non-functional including, but not limited to: inventory management, delivering purchases from the marketplace, and object rezzing. We are investigating, and will update this blog as soon as we can with additional details.
Jan 27, 2024 - 13:49 PST"

Total FAIL, cloud continually, could not change stream for my event and apparently banned from changing any estate setting in my own estate.

Sort it out SL.  Not just "issues", for most of us it is inability to do what we do. TOTAL FAIL.

services fail,  it's a fact of life. LL is no difference than any other service provider online.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

LOL you have no idea how happy I am right not that it's not on my end.. hehehehe

I was running fine and then logged out to shut down the computer  to reboot it.. Then came back and have been a cloud ever since.. I thought  I messed something up.. LOL

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

services fail,  it's a fact of life. LL is no difference than any other service provider online.  

Yep. Was in the middle of HARDCORE avatar modifications and saving outfits. Got reckt and clouded and "inventory fail to load" ed. :V... r.i.p

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Magnus Brody said:

I am indebted to bigmoe for pointing out the utterly obvious, thank-you so much for helping me to understand the utterly, starkly, totally obvious.  I was a little upset I could not stream my event, but thanks to bigmoe, I now feel like some idiot complainer, like I should realise things will fail.  Well, I am so glad to be 12 again, totally accepting of everything around me, not even asking if anything is wrong.  Services fail apparently, it's a fact of life apparently - other services are available.

I'm glad you said something. So are other people. Another confirmation that it's not just our end. 😄

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So, business as usual.

source.thumb.gif.176ed5eba269fe227d43e1a6c65e692b.gif

Considering yesterday there were major network services issues in my part of the country and also with Microsoft (due as I understand it to a fiber cut near Orlando)..

I am surprised that I did not hear about outages yesterday. Probably because anyone having issues was having other issues too.

Just now, Magnus Brody said:

Perhaps the most exciting thing about this is it is my first comment here in well over over 10 years.

You could make it a regular thing! That way you will get to know us, and we can commiserate with you whenever there's an outage.

giphy (1).gif

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

If you classify this as a "total fail" then the internet is not for you.

But...but...I couldn't find an outfit for the party.

It was pure trauma.  I may have to schedule an xtra therapy appointment this week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

But...but...I couldn't find an outfit for the party.

It was pure trauma.  I may have to schedule an xtra therapy appointment this week.

I rage quitted in my outfit/avatar modifying a few times . The stress induced by unexpected SL bake fails is unmatched. >:V!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Yeah but, this seems to be happening more than usual, coincidentally enough since they "upgraded" to the cloud.

We also still have no online/offline display on profiles.

Scripts, since upgrade, now seem to take a few seconds to kick in the state_entry event. And overall don't feel as nippy as they used to.

Inventory seems to fail just from looking at it.

More lag noticed in SL and around sims. Such as daily periods where attaching and detaching things takes a while. Or, often getting the "inventory error can't de rez" message.

Login issues.

The marketplace is horrendous now. The last six months have been a mix of failing to deliver or taking 30 minutes to deliver.

Etc etc.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.