Are you Having a F'ing Laugh....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Magnus Brody said:
4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Posted November 13, 2023 :SwingingFriends:

Replied, I did not post or start the topic.

Ah, thought you meant commenting at all, not starting topics or posting new threads.

12 hours ago, Magnus Brody said:

Perhaps the most exciting thing about this is, it is my first comment here in well over over 10 years.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Magnus Brody said:

Perhaps the most exciting thing about this is, it is my first comment here in well over over 10 years.

Nah the most exciting thing about this is that some forum regulars pore over posts and then do the super sleuth thing to make sure everything said was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Give people a first AND secondlife and they still can't find anything better to do then critique whether an off-hand remark was specifically correct. Welcome back to the forums, no matter how long it has been ;) 

• Like 4

Who even has time to obsess over such things as someone's last post.  And why ... people always telling us to walk away from unnecessary fights on the forum. Then here we are with people nit picking.  Which detracts from the conversation that SL is running like poop lately. 💩

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Who even has time to obsess over such things as someone's last post.  And why ... people always telling us to walk away from unnecessary fights on the forum. Then here we are with people nit picking.

You must be new here :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, the mot exciting part of this is that NO super sleuthing is required, one just clicks the forum avatar, and there you are on the posster's profile, with their posting activity right there on the screen.

And funnily enough, the posting history says comments were posted in Nov, Aug, Jul, and May of 2023, and in Dec, Aug, Jun, Apl 2022, and in 2021, 2020, 2018, 2017...

I'm pretty sure some of those dates are LESS than 10 years ago.

I meant my last original post, and misused the word "comment", but really please all you pedants do home in on a detail which is not at all connected to my post.

With many thanks, you have reminded me why I stopped posting here: say something about something and everyone ignores it, say it slightly wrongly and everyone homes in on that.

On the whole, I very much enjoy SL, even 17 years+ on, some of you in the forums should try it again rather than hanging around acting all superior commenting on it in the forums.

I really enjoy my SL experience, although it derailed yesterday and I shared that with you, instead of discussing that, every reply has homed in on utter irrelevance.  What an absolute bunch of pedants you are, and a reminder of why I have stopped posting in these forums.   Do you all get up in the morning with the intention of being cruel?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Magnus Brody said:

I meant my last original post, and misused the word "comment", but really please all you pedants do home in on a detail which is not at all connected to my post.

With many thanks, you have reminded me why I stopped posting here: say something about something and everyone ignores it, say it slightly wrongly and everyone homes in on that.

On the whole, I very much enjoy SL, even 17 years+ on, some of you in the forums should try it again rather than hanging around acting all superior commenting on it in the forums.

I really enjoy my SL experience, although it derailed yesterday and I shared that with you, instead of discussing that, every reply has homed in on utter irrelevance.  What an absolute bunch of pedants you are, and a reminder of why I have stopped posting in these forums.   Do you all get up in the morning with the intention of being cruel?

Derailed? Don't know in how much the down time of the assets server and not being able to log in affected your experienced of SL. For me, it happened just a half hour before I had to start my dj set. Although I hate when such things happen, I was able to log in and turned my dj set into a contest of "Best in Cloud Avatar", had a lot of fun during this foggy set :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Magnus Brody said:

But, but...I was nice. I commiserated with you.....SL was a mess yesterday and rezzing is horrible of late overall as well.

I would have tried to rescue you as I have done many times for people oppressed by the clique, but people around here are getting sick of that.  Plus, it's fatiguing.

Edited by Luna Bliss

7 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Nah the most exciting thing about this is that some forum regulars pore over posts and then do the super sleuth thing to make sure everything said was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Give people a first AND secondlife and they still can't find anything better to do then critique whether an off-hand remark was specifically correct. Welcome back to the forums, no matter how long it has been ;) 

Thanks Arielle, I shan't be back, never have so many pedants picked over irrelevance ever, completely ignoring my actual post and instead tried to disprove when I last said anything.  I mistakenly said "comment" rather than "post" and I cannot quite believe how much detail responders have gone into to mock me, rather than actually interacting with what I said in the first place.  It has reminded me of why I stopped talking in these forums many years ago.  Do read the whole thread, the responses are unbelievably pedantic and none actually respond at all to my original point; well very few.

I am so thankful my actual SL experience is not this thread.  My actual SL unerringly finds me meeting good folks, not sad little insecure, legends in their own minds, forum point scorers.

Edited by Magnus Brody
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

But, but...I was nice. I commiserated with you.....SL was a mess yesterday and rezzing is horrible of late overall as well.

I would have tried to rescue you as I have done many times for people oppressed by the clique, but people around here are getting sick of that.  Plus, it's fatiguing.

The forums are so much nicer when you just mute the clique 😂

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

well, @Magnus Brody, if it's any consolation I actually was commiserating with you.  It was annoying not be able to get ready for an event. But I lapsed into hyperbole as I often due, just to be funny, as I am not actually seeking therapy over it. This was not meant to minimize your concerns in any way.

• Like 1

Except that plenty did indeed comment on your original post - the problem is that not all that many whatsoever agreed with you and with your take/tone.

Which also has a bit to do with this supposedly unrelated pedantry concerning "comment" vs post/response and such.

It is also your choice to focus on it or to simply ignore it - you chose the former and revealed far more in doing so than you may realize.

Meh ...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Except that plenty did indeed comment on your original post - the problem is that not all that many whatsoever agreed with you and with your take/tone.

Which also has a bit to do with this supposedly unrelated pedantry concerning "comment" vs post/response and such.

It is also your choice to focus on it or to simply ignore it - you chose the former and revealed far more in doing so than you may realize.

Meh ...

Except my original post was not something to be agreed with or not, it was a statement of actual fact, my tone however was annoyed.  "All that many" may well have disagreed with me I am looking for that, but it was an actual fact for me, so I disagree as much as you and anyone else may wish to, you cannot diminish my reality, that is illogical, and also, looking through all comments I find far less than many disagree with me, in fact no-one does, not one single poster.  From where do you get your "facts" on that comment?  I can't even find one post which objects to my tone.  So in summary no-one disagrees with me and no-one objects to my tone, not a single person, but you think many do, your imagination is not reality, is it?  It is your wish.

5 people commented, every other reply involved me mistakenly saying comment rather than post.  My tone was SL failed miserably at the time I posted and I was annoyed, my take is your opinion.  Should I have revealed a dislike of pedantry, and concentration on a wrong comment rather than the actual point is confused, I don't even know what you mean by it being the former, the former what?

I asked a simple question, very few replied, instead many jumped on my mistake to humiliate me.  As to what this reveals about me, your presumption is valueless.

Edited by Magnus Brody
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I just spent 30 minutes logged in as a cloud. After waiting and waiting and waiting to rezz, finally gave up and logged out.

Wait... you mean one can log out from SL?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I would have tried to rescue you as I have done many times for people oppressed by the clique, but people around here are getting sick of that. 

Eventually we are going to end up with only 5 posters talking to each other.  Oh that's what we already have, lol.  And they are quite happy in there little echo chamber.  Thats seriously sad with 45 000 people logging in every day.  All because of one small group making the forum a horrible place to be.  As for bullying someone who tries to help people ... thats about the sadest thing ive ever heard.  They are like little 5 year old school yard bullies ... 

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
note: Theres 49 000 people on right now, for the pedantic school yard bullies

You chose to focus on what you call "pedantry" as opposed to the responses you got concerning the Grid Status entry.

A singular response addressing it and then moving on/swinging back to the original reason for the thread would have sufficed.

Welcome to online fora. If this is not your first rodeo in general then ... Well, perhaps it is well past time to change tactics, hmm?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Eventually we are going to end up with only 5 posters talking to each other.  Oh that's what we already have, lol.  And they are quite happy in there little echo chamber.  Thats seriously sad with 45 000 people logging in every day.  All because of one small group making the forum a horrible place to be.  As for bullying someone who tries to help people ... thats about the sadest thing ive ever heard.  They are like little 5 year old school yard bullies ... 

On forums, every forum on the Internet, it is simple. One fits in and starts to feel at home over time, or one doesn't. It is called group dynamics. Forums will not change their ways easily.
Positive ending of my post: There are a gazillion places on the web where one can vent their ideas, opinions, sorrows, fun .....

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

On forums, every forum on the Internet, it is simple. One fits in and starts to feel at home over time, or one doesn't. It is called group dynamics. Forums will not change their ways easily.
Positive ending of my post: There are a gazillion places on the web where one can vent their ideas, opinions, sorrows, fun .....

This is the second life forum that means every single person who plays second life is allowed to be here because we have one thing in common second life. 

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
typonise
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

AND that is why I generally have not said anything here for 10 years.  I forgot myself last night because I was annoyed with SL, I posted and instead of a discussion about that, my points have been picked over to the ultimate of pedancy, rather than discussing my topic.  This has been a salient lesson in why I have avoided the forums, you are so right that a few people effectively bully others.

Sorry for speaking up, continue now, all with your pathetic and pedantic nit-picking.  Whatever happens don't even reply to what is asked, do go on and on and on and on about a mistake in words. 

Back many years ago, I stopped posting on the forums, because there was a cartel of horrible and calculated individuals.  Many years later, the names have changed, but the horrible remains. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

This is the second life forum that means every single person who plays second life is allowed to be here because we have thing in common second life. 

Sure everybody is welcome, but one has to get used to the merits of the forums, just like everywhere.
But calling a bunch of regulars here "little 5 year old school yard bullies ..."   I dunno.  It reminds me of the German proverb "Das ist nicht die feine englische Art".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.