Are you Having a F'ing Laugh....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Sure everybody is welcome, but one has to get used to the merits of the forums, just like everywhere.
But calling a bunch of regulars here "little 5 year old school yard bullies ..."   I dunno.  It reminds me of the German proverb "Das ist nicht die feine englische Art".

I have another analogy for you, a pack of vultures descending but none of the vultures seem to like that one.

• Like 3

There are people on this forum who spend time day in day out trying to figure out the issues that cause SL's hiccups and eager to discuss them. Lindens on support dedicated to finding and fixing issues. Places dedicated to reporting bugs and grievances and getting the best possible outcome.

But OP chooses to open a thread not for discussion with residents like the forum is for, but to address people who aren't even here. The mind boggles. What was this supposed to achieve?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

But OP chooses to open a thread not for discussion with residents like the forum is for, but to address people who aren't even here. The mind boggles. What was this supposed to achieve?

A venting of frustration maybe like many of us here will do at some time or another. The post was after all aimed at SL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:
36 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

A venting of frustration maybe like many of us here will do at some time or another. The post was after all aimed at SL.

If the goal was just to vent then it shouldn't matter what any further responses are.

When people vent to other people they want sympathy and/or understanding, or else they'd just go talk to a wall.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

When people vent to other people they want sympathy and/or understanding, or else they'd just go talk to a wall.

I would suggest that would be better achieved with people they know rather than complete strangers on the internet.

5 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:
41 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I would suggest that would be better achieved with people they know rather than complete strangers on the internet.

I think it depends on the forum or group of people you seek help from.

I've seen emotional intelligence flourish on forums and in public venues with strangers. I'd like to see it here, but often it does not manifest.

*Also, people are different. Nobody is a stranger to me.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

My original post, and only reason to talk here was to find if anyone else was experiencing the same terrible time in sl as I was yesterday.  Instead I have been responded to with utterly pedantic dissection of a flippant comment rather than any actual discussion of my point.  I mistakenly used the word post rather than comment, and for that mistake someone has even called me a liar, and detailed the times I have commented.  Again I misspoke, it is indeed over 10 years since I posted, and indeed for all those who spent an unhealthy amount of time to research, it is not 10 years since my last comment, but shame on you for calling me a liar for the wrong use of a word.

Thanks for reminding me why I no longer post here.  What a very sad little cartel of point scoring individuals you are.  It amuses me that many years ago I stopped making any comment in these forums for the same reason as I do now: a cartel of hateful and narrow minded individuals.  To me it is very sad that despite my hugely happy experience of SL over 17+ years, the forums, such as this, are smug, contentious, petty, nit picking and apperently, yet still, a battle rather than a discussion.  Around 10 years ago I did take an active part in the forums but like many who regularly did, have stopped and retreated.  I am reminded why by your ignoring my actual question, but your unending, and continual concentration on a misuse of one word.

I came to your collective intelligence to ask a question, and largely ( but not entirely) your responses have been mockingly immature and point scoring between yourselve and against me.

Thankfully I am very welcoming to anyone who visits me in SL, perish the thought they might ever ask anythng here.

Edited by Magnus Brody
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've seen emotional intelligence flourish on forums and in public venues with strangers. I'd like to see it here, but often it does not manifest.

Go you!!!

However, I think the best policy is just to let them get on with their vent/rant and steer clear to be frank.

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Go you!!!

However, I think the best policy is just to let them get on with their vent/rant and steer clear to be frank.

I think you may be right sometimes.  Just depends.

2 minutes ago, Magnus Brody said:

My original post, and only reason to talk here was to find if anyone else was experiencing the same terrible time in sl as I was yesterday.  

And people responded as they often do when someone reports having issues.  It's not an uncommon occurrence.  YOU then posted, a now deleted comment,  being extremely condescending to the one poster giving you pertinent info.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:
5 minutes ago, Magnus Brody said:

My original post, and only reason to talk here was to find if anyone else was experiencing the same terrible time in sl as I was yesterday.

To be fair, your OP never even asked that of anyone.

I easily inferred that from his initial post.  Not everything is so literal, like scripting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I easily inferred that from his initial post.  Not everything is so literal, like scripting.

Well of course you did.  Between that and your targeted insults, you are so insightful.  I see you Luna.

I'm sorry you couldn't infer that in his initial post. It's common sense really, that people who post about a troublesome experience hope to find both understanding and common ground with others experiencing the same problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm sorry you couldn't infer that in his initial post. It's common sense really, that people who post about a troublesome experience hope to find both understanding and common ground with others experiencing the same problem.

Who said I couldn't?  Not I.  Is that another rather lame put down?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Who said I couldn't?  Not I.  Is that another rather lame put down?

Oh ok, so you could see he wanted some support from others experiencing the problem. Then why exactly did you tell him he should have come out and said it directly, almost feigning you would not know such a thing or respond to him unless he did?

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh ok, so you could see he wanted some support from others experiencing the problem. Then why exactly did you tell him he should have come out and said it directly, almost feigning you would not know such a thing or respond to him unless he did?

That's just you making stuff up.

I was pointing out that had he asked that actual question, it might have shaped the replies differently.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

That's just all you.  I was pointing out that had he asked that actual question, it might have shaped the replies differently.

My original post is utterly clear, firstly it sets out the actual problem as even reported by the Lab, secondly I mention how it impacts me directly.  What other language or words should I have used to mention the issue and its impact personally upon me?

Edited by Magnus Brody
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Magnus Brody said:

My original post is utterly clear, firstly it sets out the actual problem as even reported by the Lab, secondly I mention how it impacts me directly.  What other language or words should I have used to mention the issue and its impact personally upon me?

How about:

"Is anyone else having these problems?"

"Investigating - Some Second Life Inventory services are currently experiencing issues. During this time, some Second Life services may be slow or non-functional including, but not limited to: inventory management, delivering purchases from the marketplace, and object rezzing. We are investigating, and will update this blog as soon as we can with additional details.
Jan 27, 2024 - 13:49 PST"

Total FAIL, cloud continually, could not change stream for my event and apparently banned from changing any estate setting in my own estate.

Sort it out SL.  Not just "issues", for most of us it is inability to do what we do. TOTAL FAIL.

Your post could over to some as simply an angry rant to people who are not in position to help you.  I'm not surprised you got the reactions you got to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.