Motown Swaginator Hunt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off:  How long does the freakin hunt last?  The announcement for these hunts usually gives us that info, but I can't find it in the announcement post -- nor is it mentioned on sign that gives you the HUD, nor does the HUD tell us.

Second:  IMO, there definitely should not be 'a limited number of prizes for early hunters'.  There are way too many people that can't immediately go to these events because they are working or maybe their computer just flat cannot handle that sort of crowd.  

Third:  Usually the post for a Swagnator hunt provides a picture of the item we need to touch to get the Swaginator HUD - because sometimes finding one or a few specific signs in a busy place can take a while.

Fourth:  Knowing that the Swaginator 'prize location' is just a flat item, rather than the typical prize kiosks that have been used in the past, would have helped LOTS.

Ugh - that darn Motown Radio HUD will not detach.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I went over and got the hud thinking I would make a blog post.   Text was SO SMALL on the hud (and I do  NOT have a 4k monitor)  I could barely read it, then after reading was completely confused; had no idea what to do.  And of course I am VERY OLD so hopefully should not be confused.

Looked around and missed any info that might be out there explaining so maybe a notecard giver on landing?

I have to say I was not impressed with my journey -- sadly.    

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

I only heard about the hunt because it was mentioned in the Bellisseria group. didn't know there were limited early prizes too, if they were put out by the same account as the hunt prizes I ignored them didn't occur to me they were a prizes too. Area search isn't finding them again now the event that was on is over. I did get a hunt bear from a Linden that was in the region if that counts as a special prize 

• Like 6

I like prize #5, I did not have one of these in my inventory so it will be fun for pictures later on.  Out of curiosity, is it considered to be in poor taste to upload screenshots of the prizes on the forums while the hunt is still going on?

• Like 3

I only knew it was happening because of this thread as I hadn't checked the blog today. Could have done with a few days notice as it was a timed competition. There are still the regular gifts for the rest of us though.

The clues are given in local as well as on the hud, though you might need to scroll back because of all the gift delivery messages. The main hud giver is a sign in the car park with the stage. The items to find are large flat records on the floor. Remember that you can go into buildings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Text was SO SMALL on the hud (and I do  NOT have a 4k monitor)  I could barely read it, then after reading was completely confused; had no idea what to do.  And of course I am VERY OLD so hopefully should not be confused.

Looked around and missed any info that might be out there explaining so maybe a notecard giver on landing?

Yeah, ditto.  The clues do print out in local chat though.  There were no notecards given anywhere - not upon landing, not upon getting the HUD, not anywhere for any reason.

Clue #1 was easy, BUT given that ALL of the previous Swaginator hunts had a kiosk that you stood on to get the prize, I stood right next to the Swaginator prize platform (the large record on the groud) for 10 minutes before I managed to figure it out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm not saying all hunt gifts need be ponies, but .. Had I known what it was, I wouldn't have bothered. There are better freebies and dollarbies as alternatives for each individual item on the MP.

As for the hunt itself, the clues were mostly pretty straight-forward to figure out. Once I'd figured out what the thing looked like I immediately saw number 2 and 3 before I'd even read the clues.

.. At least it's better than the hunts where you're running all over the place to find a micro-prim hidden inside of another thing.

I'll give the whole thing a rating of thirty-seven bananas out of twelve chopsticks. 

• Like 6

It was good start was fun. They were giving out new linden bears patch said ask any other linden and mole. Thier was some free gestures. They did their very best   They can’t make everyone happy but they can some different stuff for best time they may had only so much time it takes a lot of work to make things so give them some love. Be thankful they work hard. 

Edited by LoverLoveBoy
  • Like 5

Oh bummer! I got there late and didn't hear about the bear :(. And my laptop was struggling too.

Nevertheless, I thought the Swaginator party was a good idea; I appreciate any kind of hunt. 

I don't know how many newbies were there, but I think a connection with the Lindens and the Moles is a good idea to help engage them.

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, LoverLoveBoy said:

It was good start was fun. They were giving out new linden bears patch said ask any other linden and mole. Thier was some free gestures. They did their very best   They can’t make everyone happy but they can some different stuff for best time they may had only so much time it takes a lot of work to make things so give them some love. Be thankful they work hard. 

It's their job.......

• Thanks 1

I used to love hunts. Any hunts. I found new places, new to me creators, made friends  and it was fun. I've stopped doing hunts at all most hunts these days are impossible. I don't know how they expect new residents to succeed at them, I wonder if there were any items for Senra?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

I wonder if there were any items for Senra?

Not explicitly there was a white t-shirt that included from what I can remember standard sizes M & F, Maitreya, Signature Giannini & Alice, Belleza Freya & Jake, Lagacy M & F and I think Reborn plus some alpha layers if there were more sizes I don't remember 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Not explicitly there was a white t-shirt that included from what I can remember standard sizes M & F, Maitreya, Signature Giannini & Alice, Belleza Freya & Jake, Lagacy M & F and I think Reborn plus some alpha layers if there were more sizes I don't remember 

Didn't see a senra version in the pack plus I could'nt see the alpha for belleza jake among the alphas maybe it was my eyesight

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I didn't see a Reborn size.  :(

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Third:  Usually the post for a Swagnator hunt provides a picture of the item we need to touch to get the Swaginator HUD - because sometimes finding one or a few specific signs in a busy place can take a while

I tried this hunt and could not figure out what I was looking for, so I then cheated to discover that... and then the hunt became very easy. I had been seeing the hunt item all the time but thought it was simply a decoration for the Motown theme. No clue if a noob could do it. Being an "experienced" swaginator hunter may have  been a disadvantage because in previous hunts, the hunt item seemed obvious.

For me, gifts 4 and 5 are keepers. Gift 4 is apparel but the sizes do not appear to include Senra bodies by name, but there are S, M, L options so maybe those fit. The Maitreya fits ok. BOM alphas are included.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did the hunt last night.  I didn't find it real difficult - all the locations were there on the Motown region.  I took a guess that the hunt item picture was a record, because of the pictures of the records on the swaginator hud.  I liked how the records were spinning on the ground :)     The prizes were OK, but I don't do hunts for the prizes particularly.  I like hunts that are easy for me to figure out without having to do searches (ones that don't have prizes hidden in walls, etc) and that are fun to do.   This hunt met both conditions, so I enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

I used to love hunts. Any hunts. I found new places, new to me creators, made friends  and it was fun. I've stopped doing hunts at all most hunts these days are impossible. I don't know how they expect new residents to succeed at them, I wonder if there were any items for Senra?

Swaginator hunts are much easier than resident hunts, so they're not a bad place for newbies to start. The issue is lack of an instructions notecard and picture of the hunt item to go with the hud. But once someone knows what they're looking for, the hunt items are large and obvious.

• Like 5

So, I am strumming my guitar (lovely!) but the HUD just keeps saying:

[16:09] Styngr Motown Styngs HUD (Add Me) v1.0AAf: Please wait a moment until all the scripts have initialised.
[16:11] Styngr Motown Styngs HUD (Add Me) v1.0AAf: The HUD is still initialising.  Please wait a little while longer

[16:13] Styngr Motown Styngs HUD (Add Me) v1.0AAf: The HUD is still initialising.  Please wait a little while longer

Is this normal guitar behavior???

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

So, I am strumming my guitar (lovely!) but the HUD just keeps saying:

[16:09] Styngr Motown Styngs HUD (Add Me) v1.0AAf: Please wait a moment until all the scripts have initialised.
[16:11] Styngr Motown Styngs HUD (Add Me) v1.0AAf: The HUD is still initialising.  Please wait a little while longer

[16:13] Styngr Motown Styngs HUD (Add Me) v1.0AAf: The HUD is still initialising.  Please wait a little while longer

Is this normal guitar behavior???

Mine doesn't put any messages into chat when I attach it and start playing

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Where were you when you were trying it out?  Were you still on the Motown region?

I tried mine (the small version) out at my mainland parcel, and didn't get any messages.  

First I was unpacking and trying the guitar out in a sandbox so I thought perhaps scripts were blocked there.  Then I went to my home half-sim and tried it there with the same result.  I tried resetting the scripts in the HUD but got nowhere.  Tomorrow is another day..........

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.