Introducing Senra Avatars... what do you think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a weakness for red haired men. 😏 They are so rare in SL that I must make one for myself.

The good news: I found lots of 1 L skins that fit Blake.

.... There are several 1 L mesh bodies that looks a lot better than Blake there too! 🙀

Okay and this body fits Signature Gianni clothes better than Blake does.... 

(Double scream)

Mesh avatar DNA, I found it from this list: The FabFree Mesh Body and Head Listing | FabFree - Fabulously Free in SL (wordpress.com)

Scroll down until you find the first one, DNA Brox (1L at DNA) Second Life Maps | Signature

Blake to the left, Brox to the right. And a torso shot of Brox with Signature Gianni jeans (fit his waist perfect) and fitmesh shirt. These mesh avatars are 100% BOM and some alpha layers are included.

Body and head in one, that will be a problem if one will use a different head. But a male mesh avatar for 2 L! 

blakebrox.png

blakebrox2.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Nice hair on your ginger man, Marianne!

Which is it please?

It's one of the no.match hairs, but I have logged out. I can log in later and see. It's some years old, but no.match do not retire their hair?

I had it in blonde and tinted the darkest blonde to red.

The hairbase was included with the skin. It's bald skin and skins with hairbases.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

no.match_no.cry

It is from 2017, so I am not sure if they sell it. I haven't bought much for this alt lately, so his inventory is old.

just went to the store, but can't find it on area search or Pathfinding>LInksets... so maybe its discontinued

6 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

just went to the store, but can't find it on area search or Pathfinding>LInksets... so maybe its discontinued

I was wearing a lot of no.match hair previously, but the last years I have bought Doux, Magika and Stealthic instead. 

That hair from 2017 do not look so good close up, it is maybe discontinued because of that. I was just throwing on the first hair I found...

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

For men, the male Classic is maybe the only free body? I think it is some Altamura bodies, but my impression is that they have even fewer clothes. (Edit: I read in Chic's post that Altamura can wear Legacy. Interesting.)

I for one, would hesitate to spend much money in the start. I would start with 500 or 1000 L. 

There is also the Brox! DNA body, which oddly enough is on a region named Signature. They have a bunch of $L 1 skins and bodies. I think the heads might be part of these bodies too. I need to send my guy alt over there to check them out.

p.s.

I saw @Marianne Little had already posted about this body above. It looks like it might be a better choice for newbies than the free Altamura bodies.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

40 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There is also the Brox! DNA body, which oddly enough is on a region named Signature. They have a bunch of $L 1 skins and bodies. I think the heads might be part of these bodies too. I need to send my guy alt over there to check them out.

p.s.

I saw @Marianne Little had already posted about this body above. It looks like it might be a better choice for newbies than the free Altamura bodies.

And not just Brox, it is Riax!k, Ray, Zen and Kiehtan. And lots of different skins, all 1 L each.

I have often bemoaned that men in SL has so little free and cheap things to outfit their avatar with. This helps so much! All newbies who land in SL and express unhappiness with their look should be told about these 1 L avatars and skins.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

And not just Brox, it is Riax!k, Ray, Zen and Kiehtan. And lots of different skins, all 1 L each.

I have often bemoaned that men in SL has so little free and cheap things to outfit their avatar with. This helps so much! All newbies who land in SL and express unhappiness with their look should be told about these 1 L avatars and skins.

I have the brox on an alt and it's OK.  The alphas will drive you crazy.  It's all one piece,  head and body etc.  I tried to use the legacy classic free body on top of it sort of to use the head.  It almost looks good but the neck in the back has a space.   Too bad you can't move all that around up and down etc by grabbing with a mouse like you move icons around in windows.  Not sure if catch my drift.

6 hours ago, usedcars said:

I have the brox on an alt and it's OK.  The alphas will drive you crazy.  It's all one piece,  head and body etc.  I tried to use the legacy classic free body on top of it sort of to use the head.  It almost looks good but the neck in the back has a space.   Too bad you can't move all that around up and down etc by grabbing with a mouse like you move icons around in windows.  Not sure if catch my drift.

Yep, I know what you mean about alpha layers. It can be better to copy the Senra avatar alpha layers and put them in the Brox folder. It is also a set of alpha layers from LBD (Little Black Dress) that they can use.

If a new guy want to only spend 2-3 real dollars, I would say he can try Brox or another of them. Even if it takes a bit of time to find the alpha layers that fit, these bodies is better than Blake. The clothes with Signature rigging fit well around waist, neck and sleeves. Blake is using only alpha layers too, and it is a much harder job to find clothes. I tried to find a pair of cheap swimming trunks for Blake, and I gave up!

If a new person came to me and said: "I can buy 3000 L, what do I get for the money?" I would send him to buy Belleza Jake and tell him to spend the rest on weekend sales and group gifts.

I think Jake is the best buy for 3 reasons: The price, it is well supported, and easy to use.

I have bodies I paid for on all my avatars, I prefer them instead of alpha layers.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VeeTach Littlething said:

Anyone else having issues with blinking hands

.. No, that sounds like it's working as intended.

paleman-pans-labyrinth.gif

• Haha 5

On 8/6/2023 at 6:01 PM, Quartz Mole said:
On 8/6/2023 at 4:39 PM, Qie Niangao said:

Yes, that's what I've been trying to convey. The current baking service only works on the Blinn-Phong diffusemap. So when all viewers are PBR-capable and people want PBR content on their avatars, all the existing BoM content will be hidden on those surfaces. So if the Lab wants to retain any of the advantages of a baking avatar surfaces they're going to need to find a way to bake those glTF materials. Otherwise it's back to onionskin applier layers, one tattoo at a time. That just can't be what they have planned.

That's a very good question!  I'll try to find out.

Something potentially relevant in a post "2023 WEEK #33: SL CCUG MEETING SUMMARY: GLTF PBR; SENRA" on Inara Pey's Modemworld blog today:

• While they are not in anyway directly connected or related, Cosmic Linden noted that her work on enabling PDR materials as terrain textures in the viewer is being used as a testbed for possible approaches to enabling PBR with avatar Bakes on Mesh – although the latter is not currently an active project.

Can't say I glean a lot of understanding from that, but it's a name, and a tenuous connection to a not currently active project.

In fact, the whole "SENRA AVATARS" section of that post might be interesting—intriguing, even—for those engaged with this forum thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Something potentially relevant in a post "2023 WEEK #33: SL CCUG MEETING SUMMARY: GLTF PBR; SENRA" on Inara Pey's Modemworld blog today:

Can't say I glean a lot of understanding from that, but it's a name, and a tenuous connection to a not currently active project.

In fact, the whole "SENRA AVATARS" section of that post might be interesting—intriguing, even—for those engaged with this forum thread.

Inara Pey's blogposts are always good. I was wow'ed about the change to inworld building tools. May it happen before I die of old age... 🙏

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are there places to buy additional clothes for the Senra bodies yet?

Even if you made some ~very aggressive assumptions about how quickly creators in SL could churn out new clothes for the body, there's really no way any creator who wasn't secretly in on it before the official release can have more than one or two fitted mesh clothing articles. Maybe in a few months at best there will exist enough product for some event to try and collect it in one place.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If the dev kits are out already, then there probably is stuff  on the MP.

"senra" returns 88 results. Most of it is shapes/BOM and other low-effort or repurposed material. I did see a catsuit and some underwear for Jamie. Things which fit closely to the skin with minimal additional detail are the easiest to produce or re-fit quickly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quistess Alpha said:

"senra" returns 88 results. Most of it is shapes/BOM and other low-effort or repurposed material. I did see a catsuit and some underwear for Jamie. Things which fit closely to the skin with minimal additional detail are the easiest to produce or re-fit quickly.

Ya, I did a quick search right after posting and seen some re-riggings  that have been out for years in leather body suit and a bunch of other stuff that looks pretty thrown together to get on the MP before anyone else.. hehehe

There was some nails at the bottom of the search, but I really didn't look deeper than the search page to be honest.. Not much really grabbed at me...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Even if you made some ~very aggressive assumptions about how quickly creators in SL could churn out new clothes for the body, there's really no way any creator who wasn't secretly in on it before the official release can have more than one or two fitted mesh clothing articles. Maybe in a few months at best there will exist enough product for some event to try and collect it in one place.

awww...have to wait I guess.

My new alt is a man avatar, but even he is getting bored with the sparse choice in clothes!    :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

My new alt is a man avatar, but even he is getting bored with the sparse choice in clothes!    :)

Oh, if you're wanting mens clothes, be prepared for a longer wait. Mens stores are pretty slow when it comes to adopting new bodies. I'm still waiting for CZ Slim and/or Anatomy to pick up momentum. 👀

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, if you're wanting mens clothes, be prepared for a longer wait. Mens stores are pretty slow when it comes to adopting new bodies. I'm still waiting for CZ Slim and/or Anatomy to pick up momentum

About all that works with Blake are full body suits and outfits, which include a full body alpha layer.  Fitted Mesh that fits Blake without alpha layers?  Nope can't find anything yet.  BOM shirts work of course, and BOM shorts, if you like the skin tight look.  I have tried most of the popular men avatar rigged mesh with Blake, and tried to adjust the body shape to help the fit.  None work without alpha layers.  I have a collection of about 1000 alpha layers for my BOM Slink body.  Some I had to buy on the MP.  Most clothing that no longer include the alpha layers for their outfit are losing out now.  I don't think they care though.  Who's going to spend big bucks for an avatar designed to be a throwaway?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well, There always is sculpties and standard mesh you can try to hunt down with some Bom/ System clothes underneath.. you might have better results until then..

Myself, I kind of stopped messing with my Senra for now after spending a couple of days on the head.. I went and played with the body a little last weekend, but  just didn't have the energy to take the dive into it like I did the head.. Maybe when I feel like taking on the challenge again down the road..  hehehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.