Jump to content

Introducing Senra Avatars... what do you think?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

The first part of the video is for those just joining SL... then they talk about upgrading a classic system bod to Senra (nee NUX?).

One curious thing, the customization process does not explicity ask about gender/sex preferenece. Rather, it simply uses body shape and boyish/girlish naming.

Is this a hit or miss?

Oh... if you go to the Library folder in your Inventory (I am using Firestorm), you will find a new subfolder named Senra, which has subfolders for Blake and Jamie.

The blog post has the word "beta" in it but the youtube video  for Second Life University does not.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they should release the dev kits for everyone to use, otherwise whats the point, all thats going to happen is the elitist clothes developers get the dev kits and the average person is left without, not at all rectifying any of the issues that these bodies were supposed to fix in regards to the body/clothing monopoly that currently exists in SL. And all of its associated nonsense that goes along with it. E.g certain companies requiring your RL identification to obtain their dev kit, others throwing temper tantrums over giving it out to anyone except their select special best friends.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

The first part of the video is for those just joining SL... then they talk about upgrading a classic system bod to Senra (nee NUX?).

One curious thing, the customization process does not explicity ask about gender/sex preferenece. Rather, it simply uses body shape and boyish/girlish naming.

Is this a hit or miss?

Oh... if you go to the Library folder in your Inventory (I am using Firestorm), you will find a new subfolder named Senra, which has subfolders for Blake and Jamie.

both names are very non genderish. I think I like that

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I think they should release the dev kits for everyone to use

Do we know that access to these is restricted? I was under the impression (and I may be wrong) that they'd be available to anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do agree with this. I have tried to learn blender.. It's hard for me as I have no previous exp. in modeling but I want to learn.  No one will give me permission even though Ive had a store for 16 years in SL.... but I do not make any mesh clothing I am denied.. I had hoped to be able to finally get something to work on and learn so I can make something then maybe move on to the big boys.  but .. nope. crushed dreams again.  (I have used MD)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Why the female body and shape make me look like a action man doll in a dress.

I look like i could mother two twins and wrangle home a hog for lunch.

41874bae080f4be8a6a6c7f00bf0598b.png

"I am Helga, I give you massage. Now get on table."

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Do we know that access to these is restricted? I was under the impression (and I may be wrong) that they'd be available to anyone.

It's a folder in your library .. I'm actually trying clothing right now from it's folder on a Signature body.

senra.png.3f581cac284b19bffc6d531fd8883ac0.png

It's seems to fit .. 😮

love_018.thumb.jpg.c64dc5e3cfe1124a6a69e6c6a653b93d.jpg

 

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ted McGregor said:

It's a folder in your library .. I'm actually trying clothing right now from it's folder on a Signature body.

It's seems to fit .. 😮

love_018.thumb.jpg.c64dc5e3cfe1124a6a69e6c6a653b93d.jpg

 

Yes, I actually have "Jamie" from when they "accidentally" released it a couple of weeks ago.

I was speaking specifically of the developer's kit. Who gets to make clothing for these?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Why the female body and shape make me look like a action man doll in a dress.

I look like i could mother two twins and wrangle home a hog for lunch.

41874bae080f4be8a6a6c7f00bf0598b.png

Footballers knees if ever I saw them.

Go Lionesses :D 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was speaking specifically of the developer's kit. Who gets to make clothing for these?

Anyone who applies using the application and agrees to all of the licensing terms. The discussion linked above was pruned quite a bit, so I'm not sure what's still there, but Patch has updated it since with new info (you do not need an existing store, though it's marked as required on the app - just select N/A, etc.).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Anyone who applies using the application and agrees to all of the licensing terms. The discussion linked above was pruned quite a bit, so I'm not sure what's still there, but Patch has updated it since with new info (you do not need an existing store, though it's marked as required on the app - just select N/A, etc.).

Then that's an entirely good thing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was speaking specifically of the developer's kit. Who gets to make clothing for these?

You indeed already answered that yourself too. I think LL is poking for established clothing brands to get their avatars 'compliant' asap.

Not sure how this will pan out for the economy in body manufacturers. If these avatars can be made look as 'good' as any other brand of mesh avatar ....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Anyone who applies using the application and agrees to all of the licensing terms.  

Interesting. I didn't think they were accepting everyone that applied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well...maybe? They still have to be accepted. No idea what the criteria for that is. 😄

Ok, maybe I misunderstood you? So, getting the dev kit is NOT as simple as applying and agreeing to all of the terms?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Interesting. I didn't think they were accepting everyone that applied.

 

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well...maybe? They still have to be accepted. No idea what the criteria for that is. 😄

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:

If these avatars can be made look as 'good' as any other brand of mesh avatar ....

I don't think they are, although the bodies are really not bad. (The heads, on the other hand, have severe limitations.)

What will make a difference is the rigging: Maitreya is still by FAR the best supported brand of mesh body for women. If you want to be able to wear more than what's made available specifically for Senra bodies, you'll still need to upgrade (or spend a lot of time fiddling with alpha layers).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...